IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

On Succession 02, episode 05

My opinion on this is constantly changing. I think it boils down to me not giving a fuck about rich billionaire capitalists and their lives, so it’s not really a tv story I would watch. However I like certain aspects of it, specifically Tom & Greg’s funny and amusingly chaotic relationship and Kendall’s character as an empty soul that has been sold to The Devil (cocaine, money and his father). But I’m close to ditching it. Quick research (always a sign that I’m not into something) tells me to hang on to the end of this season.

Tom and Greg's abusive relationship is the best 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 8:33 AM, beerwolf said:

Yeah, without these two characters, I would of definitely ditched it a long time ago. 

If you like this, please conclude season 3!

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 2:08 PM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

archive81e7cqkzb4.jpg.803c277fc5239d6fd7ccc540a2e4d263.jpg

I can’t stop watching this, though I’m a sucker for psychological horror and the occult. Overall I’m still enjoying it at 5 episodes in but there’s definitely some corny shit and inexplicable behavior from the leads. As with most things in this genre I’m worried about the reveal. Once you pull back the curtain it eliminates all the suspense the sense of mystery was building. I will say it has had some stuff that has genuinely creeped me out, the sets themselves are pretty creepy and I like the attention to detail so far with the 90’s timeline as well. It kinda reminds me of what The House of the Devil was able to do with its suspense set to an 80’s backdrop. I really loved that movie so take that fwiw. 

• Like 1

Done and dusted Succession 2, my love hate relationship with it continues, and was a whisker away from not bothering with Season 3 and binning it then of course the last two episodes proved to be excellent. Also the massively irritating Holly Hunter has gladly fucked off somewhere else. Kendall turning into a soulless human droid is worth watching into Season 3 (it’s not gonna end well is it) as is of course the Greg & Tom saga (in my humble opinion dude it was a bad move turning down 250 million from his classic cantankerous Uncle, the only person who has the balls to speak truthfully to his brother)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Hah! I lied, just watched the last minute of Season 2, which for some reason I hadn’t finished. Ken in savage full attack mode!

Kapow!! ? ? 

(and Greg is along for the ride ?)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Finished the Steve Martin/Martin Short show Only Murders In The Building. I actually only saw the second half of the series because I tried watching it and thought it was kinda terrible (I’m actually a HUGE Steve Martin fan and a pretty big Martin Short fan so it was hard for me to watch with very high expectations, knowing that it just wasn’t hitting the absurd/zany mark). My wife kept watching so I had her tell me if it got any better, which it did.
I wouldn’t say it ever came anywhere close to the genius of Three Amigos or anything else either of them did in the 80s but it’s goofy and has a few moments. That silent episode was pretty clever. If you are curious to check it out, go in with very low expectations. 

• Like 1

The Dropout - made it thru 2 episodes, man it is boring. Seyfried tries to make her eyes even more buggy than usual, but she just doesn’t have the fake voice down. She is very clearly trying to place Elizabeth Holmes as psychotic, but it wasn’t very convincing.

Yellowjackets (Showtime)
Got a free trial of Showtime to start this. Watched ep 4 last night. Liking it so far but had higher expectations. Actually I don't know what I was expecting, I just knew it had Melanie Lynskey, Juliette Lewis, and Christina Ricci and that it was dark so that was enough to get me in.  

Imposters (Netflix)
Had this in my queue for a while so I started this on nights I watch TV alone. Flawed, mainly because the lead character is a little flat, but I'm invested now.

The Afterparty (Apple TV+)
Another one I was hyped about due to the cast (minus Ike Barinholtz, gross), but it's not quite as good as I hoped. I don't mind the format, but the Ike/Brett episode was a bit annoying, and while I like the Yasper character his episode was fucking annoying with the musicals. I hate musicals even when they're meant to be funny, because they're not. They're annoying. 

The Last OG (HBO Max)
Tracey Morgan and Tiffany Haddish (also in The Afterparty). Liking this one, no complaints really. Good laughs.

Your Home Made Perfect (Hulu)
"Reality" series wherein a couple looks to remodel their home and chooses from plans by two competing architects. The new season features new architects, which is a welcomed change from the same two architects in the first two seasons. Not only are there new architects, but they're different in each episode (though I imagine some may appear in more than one).

Still slowly watching Cheers, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mythic Quest, and Black-ish on an off when I have just 20-30 mins for something I don't have to pay a ton of attention to.

Sorry if it seems if I’m banging on about Succession. Seems this thread has slowed down and usually it wouldn’t matter because it would just fade into the busy traffic. Maybe everyone is watching the news…. 

Any old how, Succession 3 was a beginning to end classic and worth the mild but tricky trek through the first 2 seasons. It was pretty much perfect. Best lines, best acting, best story and the dick pic situation with his dad was the best laughs. Hah! Now By The Eye Of Thundera!!! I cannot wait for Season 4.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

last couple of nights i've been watching (raw) police interrogation footage. last night was this case

see this cocky piece of shit? this dude had to tell his story 3 times before he got it right, and by the 3rd time, he was shaking so much he practically was begging to be put out of his misery. 

this particular footage can be found here

Edited by Nebraska

11 hours ago, sidewinder said:

That was fucking amazing.

Roman had some classic lines in this season. Whoever writes his script really did a brilliant job. His character was my favourite, overtaking even Tom and Greg.

And that English dude who married the mother must be fucking desperate. Wow what a dragon beast she is ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

Severance - dark as shit and awesome as fuck. Great acting all around, but John Turturro kills it. 

Raised by Wolves - I started season 1 the other night but was way too high. Looks fucking freaky though. 

• Haha 1

Decided to finally watch The Wire. It’s a bit dated but I’m already into it (on the 7th episode already). Find that you really have to be in the zone and concentrate and listen to what’s going on (whereas some stuff I watch I find myself tinkering about on WhatsApp with my mates). I read each season gets better and better so I’ll be into this for a while.

• Like 4
  • Burger 1

Watched the first episode of the second season of Raised by Wolves, the first season was pretty interesting,  bizarre and looked incredible. It's still weird as fuck, but it looks like this now? 

spacer.png

:cerious:

Edited by Silent Member

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Decided to finally watch The Wire. It’s a bit dated but I’m already into it (on the 7th episode already). Find that you really have to be in the zone and concentrate and listen to what’s going on (whereas some stuff I watch I find myself tinkering about on WhatsApp with my mates). I read each season gets better and better so I’ll be into this for a while.

Congrats! Legendary show. IMO, season two gets lost in the weeds a bit with the Greek mobsters but KEEP GOING. Seasons 3 & 4 are astounding. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Watched the first episode of the second season of Raised by Wolves, the first season was pretty interesting,  bizarre and looked incredible. It's still weird as fuck, but it looks like this now? 

spacer.png

:cerious:

the intro hits me like a brick every time. so good. haven't finished the 2nd season yet but I prefer the first so far.. was a bit more focused on the unknown I think? the snake thing was mad! ?

• Like 1