IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Finished the latest season of ozark. WTF?? Was that the end of the series??? They can’t possibly end it like that.
The season was typically great overall but that last episode was like some randos came in and rewrote it without having seen anything but the first season and maybe 2 or three episodes in between. Also, interesting tidbit, the finale was the only episode written and directed by men. 

Edit

someone give me a new show to watch 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

This season of Atlanta felt like a big swing and a miss for the most part ? 
Shame.

It seemed like a lot of Glover being full of himself 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:
  • Severance
  • Servant

Thanks for the tips! I started watching Severance a couple months ago but wasn’t feeling it so much to proceed past ep1. Maybe I’ll come back at some point. Didn’t know about Servant! I’m a bit skeptical of most M. Knight S joints but the trailer looks pretty good! 
I just started The Staircase last night. I remember really liking the documentary it was based on. Maybe we’ll start Servant after, if my wife permits it ?

Was recommended by a friend of mine (who always comes up trumps with films and tv, but definitely not music) Inside Number Nine. So got that lined up along side Soprano’s.

Inside No 9 is hit and miss but there are some really great episodes. Reece Shearsmith is generally amazing in everything though I never really liked League of Gentlemen. Maybe I should try that again. Psychoville also seems good though I've only ever seen 2 episodes out of order as I assumed  they were standalone  stories like No 9.

Edited by perunamuusi
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, perunamuusi said:

Inside No 9 is hit and miss but there are some really great episodes. Reece Shearsmith is generally amazing in everything though I never really liked League of Gentlemen. Maybe I should try that again. Psychoville also seems good though I've only ever seen 2 episodes out of order as I assumed  they were standalone  stories like No 9.

I also never got on with League Of Gentlemen though I only watched it a few times and never invested much effort into it. I think every time I watched it I was fried from copious amounts of booze and some weed or other substances and all I needed to crawl into my pit. Putting that on made me feel a bit sketchy ?

Watched The shrink next door. Will Ferrel definitely knows how to act, impressively subtle. Not an easy watch though, fascinating story but equally sad and cringey.

• Like 1

This was mostly good, but the last episode slips into dark ridiculousness. The make up FX are mixed, but Emmy Rossum really disappears into the character, playing different ages and decades, she comes off as somewhat of a delusional sociopath, driven by a painful past. Is it sad a 71 year old woman still drives around town slinging merch out of her Corvette trunk, and selling rides to strangers? Yes, but it's LA and it makes her happy, so who are we to judge. A-

IMG_6701.JPG

IMG_6709.PNG

"Night Sky" [very nice adventure/sf/drama something not unlike "Outer Range" which I also enjoyed],
"Bosch: Legacy" [my favorite police/detective returns now as a PI, I like it except for the horrible intro music "singing"],
"Flight Attendant" [quirky crime/spy/drama with the Penny actress from big bang theory]
and new season of "Barry" [best funny/comedy series in years]

On 5/21/2022 at 2:25 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Thanks for the tips! I started watching Severance a couple months ago but wasn’t feeling it so much to proceed past ep1. Maybe I’ll come back at some point. Didn’t know about Servant! I’m a bit skeptical of most M. Knight S joints but the trailer looks pretty good! 
I just started The Staircase last night. I remember really liking the documentary it was based on. Maybe we’ll start Servant after, if my wife permits it ?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090521/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077060/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_t_1

• Thanks 1

My girlfriend recently got disney plus so I'm going through S1-14 of the simpsons. 21 episodes in so far! It's the only animated show that I find funny let alone entertaining. Anything past S14 is mehhhh though and the extremely recent seasons are awful.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, milkface said:

My girlfriend recently got disney plus so I'm going through S1-14 of the simpsons. 21 episodes in so far! It's the only animated show that I find funny let alone entertaining. Anything past S14 is mehhhh though and the extremely recent seasons are awful.

It's been on so long I forget when I stopped watching. Season 14 or so sounds about right. 10, 11, and 12 have some strong episodes but it started to shift then. Seasons 3-9 are gold. 1 and 2 are often given more lukewarm assessments but I really like those seasons and watching some of them with my kids. 

• Like 1

As in Season 1/2 of The Sopranos when I found the constant moaning and complaining of Tony’s mother a high to very high annoyance, I’m now nearing the end of Season 5 and finding his wife/ex wife registering on the high to very high annoyance scale. The high shrill stressed voice and squeaky OT accent is really getting on my fucking nerves, quite sure it was never like that. I guess she misses Tony’s tallywacker lol. Apart from that? Everything is fine. Not as good as Breaking Bad though…..

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Started the new Obi Wan Kenobi show tonight. :facepalm:

Spoiler

1) why start a show about obi wan with a scene without him in it

2) just stop with the bad child actors already! Jfc

3) everyone except obi and Owen are miscast  or poorly directed or both. Seriously . So many lifeless performances . worst being the safdie bro . So bad

4) why the fuck they leave the meat out when the whistle blows every day??? Seriously. Put it in the fridge or something dum dums . This literally drives me crazy . Also, meat got no blood. Wtf

5) the little leia has more scenes than obi .  Wtf . Plus she sux

6) that whole business of the inquisitors saying they need to give up on finding obi because they’ve been looking too long makes ZERO sense  . Plus, that girl inquisitor doesn’t seem bad enough  .

7) the stakes in this show are way low

8 ) please tell me the won’t make young Luke into anakin 2.0

9) the dialogue is terrible 

I didn’t like mandalorian either  . Shame on me for thinking this would be better 

10) my double-tap periods aren’t working. Fml

Edited by J3FF3R00

I thought it was pretty solid so far. This show is not for prequel haters obviously, but it's good they are trying to develop shows in 3 separate time periods to appeal to a wider fanbase. 

Spoiler

Babysitting a child for the 3rd time in the franchise is getting tiresome, but Pixar made movies for 20 years successfully about kids trying to get back home, so if it ain't broke...

• Like 1

I'm into the 3rd season of hajime no ippo.  The first season was great.  I liked the 2nd season even more.  And now early into the 3rd season, I think this might be the hardest I've laughed so far, which leads me to believe I'm in for a great finish to this show:

Night Sky - JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek lead the way… it’s got a hinge but the sci fi element doesn’t even feel like the main thing during points

edit: Speaking of JK Simmons — Counterpart is an insanely good show. Scientists accidentally open a door between two universes in 1980s Cold War Berlin and everyone who existed when it happened has a counterpart (haha!) on the other side

Edited by DyeMyBlueBlack
  • Like 1

I almost reached critical burnout point with The Soprano's so decided to have a vacation in the Ozarks, just for a rest.

I became a very big fan of Ozark but its been a while since I watched it and was mightliy looking forward to Season 4, but I had a dilemma. Should I go back and rewatch the first 3 seasons? Never a fan of rewatching films, there's only a dozen or so that have any rewatch value for me (Alien/s, The Fog, The Wicker Man, Apocalypse Now, 2001 Space Odyssey etc) it was highly unlikely I could rewatch 30 plus episodes of a tv show! Yet here I am, and I think enjoying just as much the first time. Quite surprised actually. Its' a very good show. I think the setting of the lakes and the forests and having one foot in backwoods country but also one foot in modern day life is really appealing to me.

Edited by beerwolf

91nCWA6zICL._AC_SY445_.jpg

this is exactly the kind of series i wish i watched as a kid, but there it was unavailable for non-english speakers. whilst the storyline is semi soap opera-ish, the animation is beyond breathtaking to look at. the artwork looks similar to the 40s DC comics style but it also turns into beautiful b&w lichtenstein inspired animated silhouettes during flash back scenes or when the narrator gives some supplementary information. 

also, how amazing would it have been to have these?

• Like 1