IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Started watching Ozark. Nearing the end of the first season and, even though Bateman kind of rubs me the wrong way (for some reason I wanna see Charlie Sheen in that role xD) it's really good. 

Just finished ep7 of The Boys S3. Really impressed with this season, my favourite so far. While the violence can be a bit much for my tastes, there's some real moments of pathos amongst all the carnage. Diabolical. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 6:55 PM, ooqpoo said:

Started watching Ozark. Nearing the end of the first season and, even though Bateman kind of rubs me the wrong way (for some reason I wanna see Charlie Sheen in that role xD) it's really good. 

Yeah Bateman rubbed me up the wrong way to begin with. Even way into the second season. But on reflection that’s actually all part of it. That’s his character.

About to wrap this up over the next few days. Fourth season has so far been superb, even if the final ending isn’t up to Breaking Bad standards it’ll be a brilliant tv series. I wonder how it all pans out. 

Also been watching (seeing as I’m back on Netflix) their Serial Killer show on John Wayne Gacy as anything Serial Killer piques my interest. Sick fucking loon. Much better than The Night Stalker, though it follows the same way template these shows on Netflix are put together. Seems weird talking about serial killers but it is what it is. Some of the genuine footage/photos of them digging bodies out of the basement is pretty fucking disturbing. When will they make the Ed Gein one? I wonder what archive material exists of that space cadet. I’m sure I read once that Werner Herzog and an accomplice actually interviewed him. And they were gonna dig up his mothers grave because…..or something like that. Google it. Or maybe it was a dream/nightmare?

Edited by beerwolf

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Yeah Bateman rubbed me up the wrong way to begin with. Even way into the second season. But on reflection that’s actually all part of it. That’s his character.

About to wrap this up over the next few days. Fourth season has so far been superb, even if the final ending isn’t up to Breaking Bad standards it’ll be a brilliant tv series. I wonder how it all pans out. 

Also been watching (seeing as I’m back on Netflix) their Serial Killer show on John Wayne Gacy as anything Serial Killer piques my interest. Sick fucking loon. Much better than The Night Stalker, though it follows the same way template these shows on Netflix are put together. Seems weird talking about serial killers but it is what it is. Some of the genuine footage/photos of them digging bodies out of the basement is pretty fucking disturbing. When will they make the Ed Gein one? I wonder what archive material exists of that space cadet. I’m sure I read once that Werner Herzog and an accomplice actually interviewed him. And they were gonna dig up his mothers grave because…..or something like that. Google it. Or maybe it was a dream/nightmare?

I normally don’t like anything with Jason Bateman but Ozark is an exception. He always plays some character that feels like they were some high school jock douchebag that got a great job and is content in his own smugness. He’s pathetic in ozark and that’s part of what helps the viewer sympathize with him. Additionally, he’s surrounded by a sea of sharks that make him a good guy in juxtaposition.

I watched that gacy series (I may have posted about it here, can’t remember). I grew up in the early 80s, not far from where he lived and he was frfr our local boogeyman. 

• Like 1

Just finished out Season 4 of Stranger Things - with those last two episodes being added July 1st.  Gotta say, I loved it.  Season 1 will always have a special place in my heart just because it introduced you to this whole new world and it was done really well, but this season took everything to another level.  The characters, the plot, everything, just wow.  Might even be better than Season 1.  Woooooo!

image.jpeg.15453824d9e3e1d6fa22d1561464fee8.jpeg

Edited by lyst
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lyst said:

Just finished out Season 4 of Stranger Things - with those lasts two episodes being added July 1st.  Gotta say, I loved it.  Season 1 will always have a special place in my heart just because it introduced you to this whole new world and it was done really well, but this season took everything to another level.  The characters, the plot, everything, just wow.  Might even be better than Season 1.  Woooooo!

Haven’t finished the finale yet but yeah. As good as S1 (if not better) for sure. Largely due to the homie in your pic ?

That kid is by far the best actor in the show atm… he’s also British in real life. As an actual metal-head, I always cringe when shows dress up actors as metal-heads and you can tell the actors were playing football and listening to barenaked ladies in real life. Whatever the case is with this dude, he does justice to the spirit of his character and has earned the right to fly the flag ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lyst said:

Just finished out Season 4 of Stranger Things - with those last two episodes being added July 1st.  Gotta say, I loved it.  Season 1 will always have a special place in my heart just because it introduced you to this whole new world and it was done really well, but this season took everything to another level.  The characters, the plot, everything, just wow.  Might even be better than Season 1.  Woooooo!

9E93B94F-EF1C-44BB-923C-741B01419C4F.jpeg

CB0A9E46-0D1F-4812-8C2F-943D2FD7A747.jpeg

castlevania - thanks to whomever recommended this on this thread, it's pretty fun/funny indeed... kind of a space dandy meets metalocalypse... 2nd season and going... the animation style is pretty cool as well, like those old french cartoons or even anime...

Edited by _vow_of_silence_
  • Like 4

On 7/2/2022 at 4:39 PM, cruising for burgers said:

castlevania - thanks to whomever recommended this on this thread, it's pretty fun/funny indeed... kind of a space dandy meets metalocalypse... 2nd season and going... the animation style is pretty cool as well, like those old french cartoons or even anime...

fighting scenes are amazeballs... so much attention given to detail... =0

F stranger things S4, nothing but content filler designed to make way to fit yet another season and hopefully drive  retention of some Netflix subs.

Streaming wars are producing a bunch of shows that are ads for themselves, the incentive is for stories with no closure and cliffhanger endings are a must.

not that before shows didn't live beyond their natural story life but I don't see a place for, say, a grey's anatomy or a traditional procedural that can afford to go on forever in the streaming model. They have to pretend to have a story arc to get people binging while at the same time they can't risk ending a story, and even when a good idea comes along it gets axed if it doesn't instantly become a viral hit.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, perunamuusi said:

Stranger things is, and always has been, dogshit. If you watch it and enjoy it, then you are probably an idiot

S1 good, very good even. S2. Good. S3 wtf. S4 good so far. But I am a confirmed idiot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, perunamuusi said:

Stranger things is, and always has been, dogshit. If you watch it and enjoy it, then you are probably an idiot

Just curious, what are all of the tv shows that confirm your superior intellect? 

Spoiler

WTF is it wit people being complete dicks around here? 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Just curious, what are all of the tv shows that confirm your superior intellect? 

Reveal hidden contents

He's not a complete dick, he's just Finnish.

Just binged all three seasons of "The Leftovers".

Holy fugg that show was depressing.  Of course i watched it during a low point in my own personal life so it made me feel even shittier lolol.  Not a bad show i'd recommend it to any fans of sci-fi or Lost - just get ready to feel overcome with sadness and emptiness for a while.

2 hours ago, lyst said:

Just binged all three seasons of "The Leftovers".

Holy fugg that show was depressing.  Of course i watched it during a low point in my own personal life so it made me feel even shittier lolol.  Not a bad show i'd recommend it to any fans of sci-fi or Lost - just get ready to feel overcome with sadness and emptiness for a while.

This is why I never even finished season 1. 

• Like 1

Finished Ozark. Brilliant. And they didn’t fluff the ending! Probably a 9/10 for the whole thing. Maybe even a 10. 

Edited by beerwolf