IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 8/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Episode 6 really nailed the feeling of the comic imo, which would be issues #8 & 13.
Also, how taking the opposite approach to Alan Moore, helped Gaiman retain more control over the Endless, and avoided what happened to Watchmen:

https://davidallengreen.com/2021/06/how-neil-gaiman-kept-control-of-the-sandman-characters/

yeah show certainly got better as it went on, death nails her part well enough actually and godling's portrayal was also very entertaining.

one thing that's still majorly annoying is the added exposition dialogue / voiceover, like the intro or the "they're only bad because you destroy their dreams" yadda at the end of 24 hours, kinda ham-fisted and underestimating the audience's intelligence imo.

ah and hell felt somewhat uninspired in comparison to the comics...

well whatevs, enjoyable enough as it is after all.

if it helps kids getting into the comics that's cool.

Edited by jaderpansen

one more complaint: morpheus is too off-character sentimental imo, far too much wet-eyes shit, not enough monarchic pride and cruelty. couldn't imagine the dude damning a woman to hell just for rejecting him.

2 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

one more complaint: morpheus is too off-character sentimental imo, far too much wet-eyes shit, not enough monarchic pride and cruelty. couldn't imagine the dude damning a woman to hell just for rejecting him.

Nada (Sandman Wiki)

Just now, dcom said:

Nada (Sandman Wiki)

exactly. i think the series' morpheus comes off as too soft for that. also crying over that raven they made up just for him to cry over... dunno man. otherwise he's pretty good tho.

5 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

should have specified: in comparison to the comics.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:17 AM, yekker said:

I'm getting prime for a bit. anything you guys can recommend to me?

Good question. I just got it to. A mate told me The Boyz is worth watching. That’s all I know.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:17 PM, yekker said:

I'm getting prime for a bit. anything you guys can recommend to me?

Invincible, The boys, fleabag, the expanse...

Also the new reacher and the terminal list if you're into that sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, GORDO said:

Invincible, The boys, fleabag, the expanse...

Also the new reacher and the terminal list if you're into that sort of thing.

Agree on The Boys, The Expanse, and Reacher. I liked the Jack Ryan show. A couple others worth trying are Tales From The Loop, Patriot, and Homecoming.

the Sandman - I'm not familiar with the source material so that's probably why I'm lost in these last episodes regarding The Vortex... gonna watch last 2 eps tonite and if I don't get it one of you's gonna have to enlighten me... it's pretty addictive though... except for the vortex's friend who keeps dreaming about her dead boyfriend... it's boring af and I can't seem to grasp what it has to do with everything else...

better call saul S06 - it's been so long since the last season that I kind of lost interest... anyway, that sepia tone in Mexican grounds is just racist... can't help but cringe at those "artistic" shots as well... and that whole HH arc is just boring... last but not least, that chemistry ping pong dialogue between Kim and him is quite annoying... the breakfast cereal crunching and that gum chewing to make it more truthful I don't even... :facepalm:

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Sad 1

shcmigadoon.png

this show is incredibly ridiculous (just check the cast) but it's pretty hilarious. not sure i'd say go sign up to apple+ for it, but i'd say check it out if you've already got the service. 

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

this show is incredibly ridiculous (just check the cast) but it's pretty hilarious. not sure i'd say go sign up to apple+ for it, but i'd say check it out if you've already got the service. 

a musical? kthxbye...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nebraska said:

shcmigadoon.png

I'll give it a try, I've yet to find a good comedy on Apple TV (I like Loot as I love Maya Rudolph, but still). Haven't watched Ted Lasso yet though. The service's totally worth it for Severance, For all mankind and Foundation IMO.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:31 PM, yekker said:

Lots of stuff! This should keep me busy, thanks

After painstaking research (about an hour, but a headache inducing hour) I’ve decided to go for Bosch. 

biSzfysceGd9zjr8bA9ZxT-320-80.jpg

if you enjoy looking at bauhaus influenced interior design with hints at an Orwellian bureaucratic and corporate focused state, then this might be a good fit, though it's not dark or ominous as what you'd expect. it's more hipster and apple+

On 8/21/2022 at 8:30 PM, Silent Member said:

Two episodes deep in Station Eleven, I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's good, but then there's stuff where I'm busy rolling my eyes and then it's good again. I'll keep watching because there's potential, but it stinks of intolerable "intellectual" snobbery.

Yeah no this is pretty great

Edited by Silent Member

better call Saul's 7th episode really redeems the show... full blast onward, truly enjoying it now besides the anal directing, seems like a show directed by Gus Fring himself, and the irony is that he actually directed at least one episode, Giancarlo Esposito I mean... approved!!!

Edited by cruising for burgers
it's in mono... ?