IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I'm re-watching Netflix's Mindhunter, and it's even better than I remember; I also forgot to mention that it's David Fincher's, and he's directed some of the episodes himself, starting with the first two. Highly recommended.

• Like 3

On 10/2/2022 at 5:53 AM, beerwolf said:

Not really a fan of Rolling Stone or Best Of All Time lists but thought this was a good resource. There’s a few I’ve ticked for the near future. Seeing as I seem to prefer tv series nowadays to films it was worth a read.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-lists/best-tv-shows-of-all-time-1234598313/

I like this, as I'm honestly pretty tired of new shows and the overabundance of new shows that may or may not be good. 

Wish it was easier to search things by decade on streaming platforms. Or just find deep cuts & classic series more easily rather than always being recommended new/trending stuff.

• Like 1

resident alien is so candid and light-hearted and that's what makes it so fun and endearing... going trough second part of s02 and there's several genuine lol moments... the drama parts don't really ruin it... I can understand the h8 if you just watch 2 or 3 eps, it happened to me as well...

On 10/4/2022 at 2:36 PM, Nebraska said:

savage!

The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Rings-of-Power

don't know what to think of this show anymore. i have no idea what's going on. is there anyone familiar enough with the source material to answer any of the below questions?

Hide contents

who's the elf telling those orcs where to go. and why did that guy jam that sword into that "hole" that caused water to escape that flooded the volcano that caused havoc? 

giant walking around with hobbits is sauron right? how many tribes/sects of elves are there? why is everyone always acting like they haven't seen one another in 1 billion years. what were the events before current events supposedly unfolding that everyone seems to have been in such limbo?

there's also a lot of questions regarding "mordor" and "sauron" and either another dude involved or a war that had at least those two parties. i know sauron. who's the other dude and when does he show up. and where are these dudes? like where do they go that everyone has to keep looking. i'm so sick of people asking and getting these "not answer" answers. like can we finally just chain someone and get some straight answers. is sauron around or no?

also: did anyone notice the orc march music in this show has a chorus of orcs chanting? i know the films (mainly the 2nd film had orcs chanting even during the war) but this show's execution of this one is weird.

and salute to my boy puerto rico for not only getting a bea by last episode, but getting some serious action on screen. that's a come up!

and is it just me or does the girl playing galadriel just not work for anyone else? doesn't for me. 

Everything is suppose to be extremely ambiguous.  Nobody really knows what's going and who is actually who, so you are not alone.  Honestly the last episode I freaking loved, so I don't care either way - excited to see if the remaining episodes are as good.

As far as Galadriel I really really dislike the casting.  They honestly could've dressed up a piece of drift-wood and CGI'd a mouth on it and it would've given a better acting performance than her.  Luckily there are some other good actors / characters so I just focus my attention on them.

• Like 4

4th season of Westworld was a mess as expected... lots of Devs and Matrix vibes... you could see most of the twists miles away and even if you didn't they were not really that surprising... basically they just digged a little bit deeper in the concepts already explored in the previous seasons... lots of fights and explosions though...

@ Nebraska 

Check Nerd of the Rings (can’t believe I just wrote that…) on YouTube. Every week he breaks down the show and explains a lot of shit which makes sense and also puts out some interesting theories about stuff. Makes each episode a bit more interesting and entertaining. I think his second language is probably Elfish. Not joking….

Edit.. It's In Deep Geek (not Nerd of the Rings)

Edited by beerwolf

16 hours ago, yekker said:

I started that Dahmer series but got no joy from it so stopped. I was 3 episodes in

I just saw that episode 8 about the father, Lionel, was directed by gregg araki , interesting 

This was ok, not as good as the trailer. It was low budget, and way too talky, was expecting arms to be getting ripped off, etc. but it was mostly standard Marvel hand-to-hand combat. The FX were TV quality, it was all Universal monsters vibe, and 0% grindhouse, IMO. You saw the werewolf for maybe 30 seconds. At least it was a first step towards the Marvel monsters, which were really big in the 70s, and will eventually lead to Dracula.

Spoiler

they made Man-Thing too kid friendly, this is a creature that literally burns its victims to death. He is a hugely important character going forward, in terms of the multiverse business that's in the cards. Some of the trophy heads on the walls were other obscure Marvel monsters.

2C49772B-AE96-4CC9-A776-D90AB048D36A.jpeg

current rick and morty keeps on being entertaining even so I was a bit nervous that they would do  zombie-simpsons like celebrity walk-ons but they didn't. I wonder where they go with the finale 

spacer.png

Mike Flannigan’s new joint… and he’s going full-Y.A.

4 episodes deep and I’m actually really enjoying it. It’s no Hill House, but it is lots of creepy fun with a couple good story hooks. 

• Like 1

Man the last episode of House of Dragons was actually pretty awesome.  Reminded me that it is far superior in acting and production quality than Ring of Power.   It takes an army of orcs and intense battles to keep me interested in RoP, while House of Dragons one King kept me on the edge of my seat the whole episode.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 6:08 AM, lyst said:

Everything is suppose to be extremely ambiguous.  Nobody really knows what's going and who is actually who, so you are not alone.  Honestly the last episode I freaking loved, so I don't care either way - excited to see if the remaining episodes are as good.

As far as Galadriel I really really dislike the casting.  They honestly could've dressed up a piece of drift-wood and CGI'd a mouth on it and it would've given a better acting performance than her.  Luckily there are some other good actors / characters so I just focus my attention on them.

glad i'm not the only one confused as to some of the identities of characters and motivations etc. i also agree about the casting. my wife can't stand legolas from puerto rico (i just call him puerto rico for scratching and survivin') or the dwarf (?) wife to the guy that always has to ask his pops for permission when asked to help anyone. oh, and the guy with the square face who got REJECTED by the dwarves. 

4 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

I think pretty much all of the acting is bad in ROP except for that ginger dwarf… even if his character still makes very little sense. This show is just a hot mess. 

22 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I think pretty much all of the acting is bad in ROP except for that ginger dwarf… even if his character still makes very little sense. This show is just a hot mess. 

Even if ROP, HOD and Andor are all kind of messes, I don't mind it.  Special time being a nerd right now with all these coming out at the same time.   I'm usually scrolling for hours trying to find something, maybe some hidden Sci Fi or Fantasy that passed me by, but at this moment no need to.  The geek inside of me is very happy.

1 minute ago, lyst said:

Even if ROP, HOD and Andor are all kind of messes, I don't mind it.  Special time being a nerd right now with all these coming out at the same time.   I'm usually scrolling for hours trying to find something, maybe some hidden Sci Fi or Fantasy that passed me by, but at this moment no need to.  The geek inside of me is very happy.

True. I’m still watching ROP every week. I’m also watching the Nerd of the Rings thing that @beerwolf mentioned after each episode ?

Last ROP today. Looking forward to it. It’s definitely grown on me. I think the description ‘hot mess’ is very apt. 

Looking forward to Northern Bastard Waldreg and Sauron becoming best buddies. That bloke makes me chuckle ? 

Edited by beerwolf

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Last ROP today. Looking forward to it. It’s definitely grown on me. I think the description ‘hot mess’ is very apt. 

Looking forward to Northern Bastard Waldreg and Sauron becoming best buddies. That bloke makes me chuckle ? 

I did a quick watch over lunch. My review for the series: 

Dumas when challenged about his treatment of history said "True, I have raped history, but it has produced some beautiful offspring"

I think J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will have to say they "A Serbian Film'd Tolkien's Middle Earth" 

I'd be interested in your thoughts on ep 8's revelations. 

On 10/14/2022 at 2:14 PM, Shimon_Shimon said:

I did a quick watch over lunch. My review for the series: 

Dumas when challenged about his treatment of history said "True, I have raped history, but it has produced some beautiful offspring"

I think J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will have to say they "A Serbian Film'd Tolkien's Middle Earth" 

I'd be interested in your thoughts on ep 8's revelations. 

Its a tricky one. There’s no doubt that part of me is just enjoying watching a story linked to LOTR. Specifically the Sauron/Mt Doom/Mordor thing. Adar and his Orcs is the easy highlight. Probably Gandalf second. Not sure about the rest, I sit watching it and wonder is it really bad or just ok? I actually don’t have an answer. 

• Like 1

Patriot - I know it's on purpose but the dialogue sometimes is so painstakingly pretentious and tedious that I can't help but yawn... still pretty fun with lot's of lols to be found... the bachelor party episode in particular was funny af...