IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

14 hours ago, Danny O Flannagin said:

Triangle of Sadness. Saw it last weekend and had to watch it again this weekend. Easily the funniest movie of the year 

force majeure was funny af... eager to watch this one...? 

how many episodes is it?

Spoiler

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

force majeure was funny af... eager to watch this one...? 

how many episodes is it?

Reveal hidden contents

:trollface:

Ah meant to post in the film thread haha. That being said, this could be watched like a short mini series. It's a bit long with three distinct parts

• Like 1

started white lotus as well... oh my lol...

that valley girl really reminds me of Aubrey Plaza...

Anyway, first time I was introduced to this soundtrack composer was in the Utopia tv show... he's Cristobal Tapia de Veer and his sound is so characteristic that you can guess that's him doing the soundtrack miles away...

The White Lotus (Watertower Music, 2021)

The Third Day: Summer (Milan Records / Sony Music, 2020)

Philip K. Dick's: Electric Dreams (La La Land Records / 2018)

Black Mirror: Black Museum (Lakeshore Records, 2018)

The Girl with all the Gifts (Mondo, Death Waltz Records, 2017)

National Treasure (Free Run Artists, 2017)

Humans (Silva Screen Records, 2015)

Utopia S2 (Silva Screen Records, 2014)

Utopia (Silva Screen Records, 2013)

Edited by cruising for burgers

On 10/18/2022 at 12:11 PM, Nil said:

Pretty strange and moist vibe.

yeah quite trippy, that glowing photography/color grading with that meticulous editing and soundtrack all neatly put togheter... almost psychedelic in some way... also those slow motions of waves and the shots underwater are tasty af...

• Like 1

Sauron, Bore on. Bosch needed a break. He was also getting boring.

Watching Friday Night Lights (as recommended by that Rolling Stone list). First season almost done. Never watched a game of Amerrrrrican football in my life. It's fine. I never watched Dawson's Creek but have an inkling about it. I could be wrong but it seems a bit Dawsons Creeky only in Texas with big tough, hard drinking, bird shagging football players. Hell yeah! Beat your chest!!

Though I don't know too much about him, I'm quite a fan of Kyle Chandler. And he's definitely brilliant in this as COACH TAYLOR!! (repeat that 40 times each episode). I also have an inkling that this is likely to improve as the seasons roll on. So will stick with it.

I tried watching that Early Morning Show on Apple. Hmmmm. Nah. Get in the fucking bin!! Though I can see why some people would like it. Not savage enough for me.

On 8/21/2022 at 1:05 PM, auxien said:

first season of Only Murders In The Building was great fun. 

i watched Inside Job on Netflix a couple months ago and it was pretty good.

started Severance and like 4 or 5 episodes in but it’s …just okay. not bad, but feels awful tryhard, but it has its moments. hoping to be a bit surprised eventually.

Only Murders S2 was good too. 

haven’t finished Severance yet, may not ever who knows…

• Like 1

E1 of "The Peripheral" tonight. Reading the book again concurrently to see how the adaption goes. It's going to be tough to capture the existential dread that Gibson brings to his futurism, and they've already changed one of the key parts, but it's worth pursuing so far.

69566.jpg

this is pretty okay. it reminds me of "anthology" books that would attempt to compile "the best horror short stories of the year" into one book, and you realize most are meh despite having really good scenarios- and very rarely (and you're extremely lucky) one of them is actually good. 

haven't found a good one so far, but all are okay scenarios that are ruined by the CW's quality control team

I'm really gonna miss House of the Dragon. Loved the whole season. Finale was great. Nice to see an adaptation of such a sparse text where the show actually gives so much more nuance and character development than the source material. Really great cast all around, loved the performances.

Also very impressive that they managed to pull off telling 20 years worth of story in a single season. Reading the book I really couldn't see how they'd be able get the setup right. Of course the time jumps had some rough edges and there were bits that felt underdeveloped but it's such a tough thing to do narratively that I'm just impressed they handled it as well as they did.

Binging "The Last Kingdom". Before I couldn't get past the first couple episodes but this time I soldiered on through it.  It's pretty good.  Definitely is helping me kill time right now.  Nothing mind blowing or anything but it's watchable and some of the characters grow on you.

Just starting "The Peripheral".  New Sci Fi show on Amazon Prime.  I will check back in with my thoughts.

Edited by lyst

House of the dragon was great, shame that it's gonna take that long to get a new season, hopefully Warner doesn't implode before that or someone buys  HBO out of that stupid CEO's hands.

Rings of power at least got me into watching Tolkien lore stuff but it's such a poor story.

the peripheral looks promising but it could devolve fast into genericness.