IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

first episode of Cabinet of Curiousities was decent, a little bloated yet lacking in tension with a number of missed opportunities for its ~45 min runtime. they managed to sneak in a Creepshow reference, at least, this is very much in that vein but trying to be a little more 'mature'

40 minutes ago, auxien said:

first episode of Cabinet of Curiousities was decent, a little bloated yet lacking in tension with a number of missed opportunities for its ~45 min runtime. they managed to sneak in a Creepshow reference, at least, this is very much in that vein but trying to be a little more 'mature'

Episode 2 was pretty lame, about rats. Episode 3 (autopsy) was slightly confusing and didn't really hit the mark. Episode 1 was actually the best so far.

Edited by Soloman Tump

On 10/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, Soloman Tump said:

Episode 2 was pretty lame, about rats. Episode 3 (autopsy) was slightly confusing and didn't really hit the mark. Episode 1 was actually the best so far.

i rather liked those...Ep 3 in particular. that main actor is good, i forget what else i've seen him in.  Ep 4 was good too, but drug on a bit too much.

part of the appeal of these to me so far has been the stuff often glossed over: the effects (practical and CG), sets, makeup/costumes, lighting, vibes all around. and these anthology shows are always a great showcase for actors to really go all in, which can be hit or miss depending on the scripts and directors, but i feel like this one is nailing both pretty well. idk if i'd say 10/10 so far, but these 4 episodes have been 8s or 9s. very pleasantly surprised...really hoping they do some interesting takes with the two Lovecraft stories i know are up soon.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 7:05 AM, Nebraska said:

69566.jpg

this is pretty okay. it reminds me of "anthology" books that would attempt to compile "the best horror short stories of the year" into one book, and you realize most are meh despite having really good scenarios- and very rarely (and you're extremely lucky) one of them is actually good. 

haven't found a good one so far, but all are okay scenarios that are ruined by the CW's quality control team

the fuck is this, a show based on a dumb subreddit?

1665417146-79c44d6f3ce396749e0d1ca08ea0d

after twenty years i didn't see this coming back. and i'm glad because i've been jumping around from this to this (and more embarrassingly) even this. it's been a rough road, but now i finally have a show i can watch and enjoy again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Holy Fukk.  The last two episode of Andor literally nothing happens.  No plot progression.  Nothing.   

You have to be a crazy Star Wars fan to put up with this show.  Or love boring ass dramas that take a whole season for something to happen.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 5:39 PM, auxien said:

i rather liked those...Ep 3 in particular. that main actor is good, i forget what else i've seen him in.  Ep 4 was good too, but drug on a bit too much.

part of the appeal of these to me so far has been the stuff often glossed over: the effects (practical and CG), sets, makeup/costumes, lighting, vibes all around. and these anthology shows are always a great showcase for actors to really go all in, which can be hit or miss depending on the scripts and directors, but i feel like this one is nailing both pretty well. idk if i'd say 10/10 so far, but these 4 episodes have been 8s or 9s. very pleasantly surprised...really hoping they do some interesting takes with the two Lovecraft stories i know are up soon.

ep3 was quite lovecraftian no? really cool stuff...

there's an ep with Eric Andre, I dunno how's it gonna be possible to take it seriously...

ep4 camera work, color grading and set design were tasty af... reminiscent of black hole sun video by soundgarden... I recommend this movie to whomever is into that sort of stuff...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

ep3 was quite lovecraftian no? really cool stuff...

yeah it was for sure...probably more so than the two actual Lovecraft stories. (Ep5 & Ep6) they turned out well enough but Dreams in the Witch House is maybe the weakest of this season so far....it was turned into to a pretty bland ghost story. Pickman's Model was okay but went on too long (the original short story is like 5 or 6 pages i think, it gets straight to the end and is well-remembered by many because of it, and this suffered by taking the long road...it was an interesting episode tho, just veered too far from the original imo). Crispin Glover is always nice to see, tho!

can see what you're saying on Ep4, was a good one too.

7 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

there's an ep with Eric Andre, I dunno how's it gonna be possible to take it seriously...

it's actually pretty darned good, he's solid in it as is everyone. some unique choices in the storytelling, but i think it worked. 'horror' shows/movies don't get weird enough, and this series is going against that in many episodes so i'm all for that.

also, i forget which episodes but del Toro was idk, phoning in the intros a bit, but almost seemed like he just wasn't healthy enough to drama up the intro, which pretty much requires a bit of panache. some episodes he's done better than others which made those couple stand out. i hope it was a just a bad take, he's always an interesting director and i'm really enjoying this series.

i've only got the last episode left. ?

7 hours ago, auxien said:

it's actually pretty darned good, he's solid in it as is everyone. some unique choices in the storytelling, but i think it worked.

yeah just watched it... can't go wrong with Panos Cosmatos... hell of a director...

7 hours ago, auxien said:

seemed like he just wasn't healthy enough to drama up the intro, which pretty much requires a bit of panache.

yeah the way he's panting seems like he's close to having an heart attack after climbing 100 steps... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, auxien said:

i've only got the last episode left. ?

maybe the worst of the season. not bad, but not very good either. bland story. pretty visuals and music was okay. :catface:

Started The Bear yesterday but meh. A lot of our friends recommended it but I’m not into shows where people are constantly yelling and being mean to each other. Maybe I’ll give it a try again at some point. 

Tonight I started The Watcher and it is quite creepy fun. I’m very in. 

oh yeah, and I’m also watching S2 of White Lotus and it’s ?

6 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Started The Bear yesterday but meh. A lot of our friends recommended it but I’m not into shows where people are constantly yelling and being mean to each other. Maybe I’ll give it a try again at some point. 

Hah, I always laugh when i think about the amount of people after a long hard day's work go home, turn their tv on, and then watch other people work.

• Like 1

I just finished the most recent chapter of "The Dragon Prince." It actually gave me a chance to explain the early music 'Viol' family of instruments. If you watch it, you'll know what I'm talking about. 

The whole series is a fun watch. Tonight is going to be all the new dubbed episodes of "One Piece" which is honestly the closest thing I have to a religion nowadays. 

There are other forums to fight about dubs. I watch the subs too and I happen to like both. We're on a forum that has experimental music for sake's sake! 

All tastes are tastes. (Except cannibalism and other creatively horrible things that I'm sure people can supply by the truckload.) 

On 10/31/2022 at 10:07 PM, zero said:

been watching this to get in the halloween spirit. hauntology fans take note. British anthology series from 1980.

spacer.png

I love thiis show so much. It terrorised me as a child. Rude Awakenings is an excellent episode though not one I remember from my childhood. 

The house that bled really fucked me when i was like 8 or 9

And the episode where there's a bunch of satanists in the house and an old lady has a 6 6 6 haircut is super lol

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 6:32 PM, Nebraska said:

1665417146-79c44d6f3ce396749e0d1ca08ea0d

after twenty years i didn't see this coming back. and i'm glad because i've been jumping around from this to this (and more embarrassingly) even this. it's been a rough road, but now i finally have a show i can watch and enjoy again

loved every second of this. Made me wish Trier had just spent his entire career doing Rigets

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1