IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 11/5/2022 at 12:56 AM, ooqpoo said:

loved every second of this. Made me wish Trier had just spent his entire career doing Rigets

agreed. since after dancer in the dark i've found him insufferable but i'm guessing since his diagnosis he's humbled himself enough to get some clarity and go back to being lars von trier instead of whatever he was trying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Manifest".  Premise - a plane disappears full of passengers and winds up back 5 years later and nobody aged one day.  Nothing really super original about the show but it's not a bad watch.  Besides some occasional corny dialogue it's kept me on the edge of my seat at times.  Also it doesn't hurt that I find the lead chick to be stunningly gorgeous.

image.png.51a000a09753c174994109f6a5a07b34.png

Edited by lyst
  • Like 1

Still watching Friday Night Lights. It’s fine. Quite enjoyable escapism. Got my eyes on The Office US (a couple of friends have said it’s definitely my cup of tea) which is also on Prime which I might start in tandem. Or maybe finish off the last few seasons of Bosch. And then start The Office.

Decisions decisions….

Edited by beerwolf

On 10/26/2022 at 10:34 AM, Nebraska said:

Guillermo_del_Toro_s_Cabinet_of_Curiosit

this is just like the previous anthology horror i watched above, but episodes now are an hour long and slightly better made but still "sort of" meh.

the episode by panos cosmatos was so bad, i've honestly just about had it with this series. he's still doing "the best dreamwave/outrun music video concept ever but stretched to an hour long and basically wasting actors by having then almost begin acting before cutting to some geometric shapes and empty rooms with a woman with long black hair sitting there looking gloomy" but in this one, he attempted (i guess) to add a monster. haha- it didn't work.

• Burger 1

Recently finished The Watcher. It was pretty fun all along but the last episode just fell apart. Also, I just couldn’t believe Bobby Canivale and Naomi Watts as a couple. Too bad the 2 leads were miscast because the rest of the cast was fabulous. Still worth watching fer sher. 

back to GBBO ??????

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2

Trying to watch season 6 of Rick and Morty, but this show has become unbearable. I'm struggling to get through a 20 minute episode in one sitting. Was it always this bad?

Having a great time with the new Beavis and Butthead. Yay.

Edited by Silent Member

abc-news-world-news-tonight-anchor-david

mike pence is a useless human being. almost every answer in this interview is "that's for the american people to decide" even when pressed "what is your opinion on X"

bought and paid for with corporate money he might as well be a bot

• Facepalm 1

On 11/13/2022 at 11:32 PM, Silent Member said:

Trying to watch season 6 of Rick and Morty, but this show has become unbearable. I'm struggling to get through a 20 minute episode in one sitting. Was it always this bad?

Having a great time with the new Beavis and Butthead. Yay.

I liked it for what it was. They sure set the bar quite high 

Edited by o00o

2 hours ago, o00o said:

I liked it for what it was. They sure set the bar quite high 

Yeah, I don't know. So far it feels like 20 minutes of Justin Roiland ad-libbing to half a page of script.

Just binged the shit out of Severance.  I know i'm probably late to the game but - wow.  Great show.  They really mastered the art of cliffhangers haha.  

Alright time to find more shit to binge while i'm waiting on a response from a company about getting a job.  (I've been job hunting for 6 months now fml).  Needless to say i've been watching tons of shit while waiting around for responses from companies.  There's not much else to do.

• Like 1

Andor. 

i had my doubts because the other star wars spinoff series were totally shit. but Andor delivers. great cast, great writing (which is the real surprise. the didn't just pull shit out of their asses) and it gets really dark and stays that way. gets dystopian which makes sense. shows you how/why the rebellion began. best acting of all the series and of any star wars thing in a long time. 

there's actually continuity in the plot. 

edit: Can't bring myself to watch The Peripheral. i like the book a lot and know i'll just get pissed off at whatever generic shit they come up with. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Binned Friday Night Lights. There comes a time when you’re sitting there and you ask yourself why the fuck am I actually watching this. If there’s not one single reason why. Then in the skip it goes! I know there’s a lot better things I could be watching. Like Wolf Hall.

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Binned Friday Night Lights. There comes a time when you’re sitting there and you ask yourself why the fuck am I actually watching this. If there’s not one single reason why. Then in the skip it goes! I know there’s a lot better things I could be watching. Like Wolf Hall.

I just did the same watching the Netflix Dahmer series. Granted, I had barely gotten into the second episode but that show in particular leaves a residue. I feel a documentary about dahmer is one thing (which I watched) but why does the world need a dramatized series about him? Something about it just seems wrong. 

Kinda actually had the same experience with 1899. Dark was great up until the end but this barely grabbed me. Again, episode two and I’m asking myself what is the point? Next. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

There comes a time when you’re sitting there and you ask yourself why the fuck am I actually watching this. If there’s not one single reason why. Then in the skip it goes! I know there’s a lot better things I could be watching.

completely agree. I started watching this series about Teal Swan - The Deep End - and it was making me so angry listening to this woman, and hearing from all these sad sappy people she duped into believing her BS. why am I watching this is definitely what hit me about 30 min in, and so I turned it off! so many other shows, not worth wasting time on stuff that you know will irritate you.

• Like 1