IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Rewatching The Kingdom/Riget. I love it, and hope the last season is worth the 25(!) year wait.

Also Tokyo Vice. I'll give it 7.0 on the pitchfork scale. Nothing groundbreaking, but touches on a lot of the things i find fascinating about Japan. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GORDO said:

1899 is LOST but made by Europeans 

i didn't get it. not surprisingly because i never enjoyed (or finished beyond the first episode) lost.

to me this seemed like it was trying to be steampunk version of camp of the saints without the far-right themes on blast

If I could go back in time and unwatch Andor I would.  Holy crap that was a waste of time.  If being slow, stale, and everyone and everything is unlikable is what is deemed as "Adult" entertainment - then consider me a child.

8 hours ago, lyst said:

If I could go back in time and unwatch Andor I would.  Holy crap that was a waste of time.  If being slow, stale, and everyone and everything is unlikable is what is deemed as "Adult" entertainment - then consider me a child.

I stopped watching it as well. the production values are really low. Writing and quality control are way below any other star wars franchise adaption

most of the dialogue is generic in a way that its possible to predict what is going to happen during the next 5 minutes without even paying attention 

Edited by o00o

The Sopranos

Nearing the end of the 6th season, I like the character arcs with some, and I especially like the dream and limbo sequences. Otherwise it can be daunting with all the faking (lying), hysteria and violence. I know that's kinda the point, I'm just saying.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 2:26 AM, GORDO said:

1899 is LOST but made by Europeans 

yeah. i got Lost vibes too. but we'll see. i'll give it a chance if/when a 2nd season comes around.  kinda knew where it was headed in the final episode of this season. i didn't have high hopes that they'd come up w/something as good/charming as Dark. Dark is good story telling and less focused on "the big plot twist" as a mechanism to make everything else work. 

On 11/24/2022 at 3:58 PM, lyst said:

lols. i liked it. so much hate for it here. it's the only spinoff that's been any good imo. i like that it got dark and dystopian. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andor is the best Star Wars since the OG trilogy imo. I don't understand how anyone could find it boring and uneventful. So sad to see it get shit on all the time.

• Like 3

I think with all of the Andor hate / love that it's purely subjective - all based around personal preferences.  I do not like slow burning political dramas in general, I don't like things like the Sopranos either.  Too much talking and not enough shit going on.  Andor to me is lacking all of the bits and pieces why I love Star Wars to begin with, the action, likeable characters, the force, aliens / creatures, occasional light heartedness or comic relief, an active moving plotline, etc.  To me what this show is is a political drama / science fiction that has little to nothing to do with Star Wars.

The Mandalorian on the other hand had all of those things I love, also had a dark and gritty gunslinger vibe - which gave it the adult vibe I was hoping for.  To me this is the best post Original Trilogy Star Wars.  Not including all of the expanded universe novels that I consumed and loved growing up.

• Like 1

I rarely watch series,

but I've just seen fisrt season of 1899. It started quite nice, but the last two episodes went really ridiculous. it have some nice decor and designs anyway.

I watched "the staircase" also. quite ok.....but I didnt' made it to the end.

Finished watching "The Peripheral". Jesus did they ever butcher Gibson's work. I was cautiously optimistic after the first three episodes but fuck me what a disaster.

Started watching "The Handmaid's Tale" and have enjoyed the first four or five episodes, dark as fuck and wildly too accurate around the way some people think about women.

Season 2 of "Slow Horses" is fucking great - because Gary Oldman is fucking great. But the rest of the cast is fucking great. In conclusion, it's fucking great.

Andor - I've heard good things from people I like and trust so will have to give it a go.

Finished S2 of White Lotus. Helluva show. 
Now I’m watching Bad Sisters. It’s ok. I’m not amazed or anything but I’ll keep watching. 
Just also watched the Lorena Bobbit doc series on Amazon. Very interesting. John Wayne Bobbit definitely deserved to get his d sliced off. 

• Like 1

I think after watching your last classic, mine would be Better Call Saul, one seems one goes into a tailspin of lost confusion into finding the next show you want to sink your teeth into. Especially as there is so much to choose from. Tried a few which totally failed. Now found Yellowstone, which is ticking all the boxes. I think it’s brilliant. Perfect escapism. Bonus being I have 5 seasons to watch ? 

The scenery, politics, violence, Red Indian vs Cowboy shenanigans and usual American stuff which I find quite addictive etc etc. It’s a top show imo.

Edited by beerwolf

On 12/13/2022 at 11:28 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Finished S2 of White Lotus. Helluva show.

On 12/13/2022 at 11:37 PM, cruising for burgers said:

white lotus was renewed for a 3rd season...? 

16 hours ago, ARPA said:

Finished White Lotus season 2, very entertaining.

you want this then

https://wereleasewhateverthefuckwewantrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-white-lotus-soundtrack-from-the-hbo-original-limited-series

• Burger 1

2 hours ago, iococoi said:

u might wanna have this as well... hell, just get all soundtracks he did... Cristóbal what's his face... he's good...

On 11/22/2022 at 10:36 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

Started watching this show tonight. So far, very entertaining. I’m in. 

enjoyed all the episodes until:

Spoiler

that "partner" of his offed his girlfriend in that motel room. not sure why, but i felt like the show was over for me after that. and i didn't even like that guy.

juliette lewis can get it though