IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

9 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

Watched the first couple episodes of this show on the plane. Pretty good,  not life-changing. Gary O is furgin incredible as usual. I’m in. 

I binged the whole first season today cos I saw this post and was in the mood. I agree, not mindblowing but pretty deece.

• Burger 1

Rewatching Stranger Things Season 4.  It is really great.  If you are one of those people that gave up after a season or two, I highly suggest giving it a shot.  Hell, just skip season 2 and 3 if you want lol.  You will not regret it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, usagi said:

I binged the whole first season today cos I saw this post and was in the mood. I agree, not mindblowing but pretty deece.

… although in episode three at about 15:11 the closed captions say “dubstep” is playing but it’s actually drum n bass. 
:trashbear:

14 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Mate of mine has demanded I watch this asap. 

6F9A9057-D212-4C0C-918E-64DF79898740.thumb.jpeg.f5537381235c0fec94a29e9b80da6df9.jpeg

i tried this, gave up a few minutes into episode 2. it's a load of hogwash with like 5% facts in there to 'legitimize' the 'research' as far as i could care to watch.

Just now, cloud capture said:

finished a show on Hulu called "The Bear".  I liked it enough to finish it, great ending was worth it.

I'll never understand the appeal of this show.  From what i've heard and read it's just a frantic and anxiety inducing show about chefs and the kitchen restaurant life (yelling at each other and shit).

I avoided working food service my entire life, no idea why i'd sit on my couch and watch people doing it lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lyst said:

I'll never understand the appeal of this show.  From what i've heard and read it's just a frantic and anxiety inducing show about chefs and the kitchen restaurant life (yelling at each other and shit).

I avoided working food service my entire life, no idea why i'd sit on my couch and watch people doing it lol.

I loved The Bear. It's really well made - excellent acting and direction, strong character development. But yeah it is very very hectic. Similar to Uncut Gems in that way. Can be a stressful experience but I found it really rewarding overall.

I also really enjoyed Slow Horses s1, heard the second season was coming out so I'll have to give that a look someday when I'm back on apple tv

On 12/19/2022 at 12:55 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Not much to see here, lots of fake phone call threats, fake Zendaya. The nerdy guy from the movies hasn’t shown up yet. It’s more like Carmen Sandiego with ridiculous Batman logic.

DDEDC100-E17B-49D5-B78D-4E13513D03DB.webp

not too bad, but i think i'd love this more with a different cast. and maybe, a different color palette. 

On 1/5/2023 at 5:22 PM, lyst said:

Rewatching Stranger Things Season 4.  It is really great.  If you are one of those people that gave up after a season or two, I highly suggest giving it a shot.  Hell, just skip season 2 and 3 if you want lol.  You will not regret it.

Yeah S3 was pretty weak as it turned very much into a comic plot with the kids successfully infiltrating that base 

Edited by o00o

4 hours ago, o00o said:

Yeah S3 was pretty weak as it turned very much into a comic plot with the kids successfully infiltrating that base 

that's exactly why i enjoyed that season the most out the whole series (well except maybe S1?). it was silly, it was fun, most everyone had interesting and fun stuff going on.  :cat:

• Like 1

spacer.png

Started watching this today. Just one episode is out at the moment. I don’t know why shows bother to release weekly episodes anymore. They should just dump them all out at once. 
Whatever the case, it’s ok. I guess it’s based on a video game that I haven’t played. It’s a little like The Walking Dead meets a little bit of Total Recall, I guess? 
I’ll keep watching but so far it’s not blowing my mind or anything. 
I’m struck by how much Pedro Pascal looks like Burt Reynolds. Apparently the internet has already discovered this. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2023 at 8:50 AM, auxien said:

that's exactly why i enjoyed that season the most out the whole series (well except maybe S1?). it was silly, it was fun, most everyone had interesting and fun stuff going on.  :cat:

this guy is right... rest of you is/are wrong...

35 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Yeah, The Last of Us is ok, it’s gonna be hard to differentiate it from Walking Dead though.

I agree, felt like a fusion of Children of Men and Walking Dead. Still really enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing how it all pans out (never played the game before).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, usagi said:

putting these in the same sentence = ban

Hahahah I know I was just implying that the plot of smuggling a person with a special "power" across a dangerous area in an apocalyptic setting was very similar.