IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

6 hours ago, Nebraska said:

natasha?fimg-client-default

this show is basically lie to me, but dressed up as a wondering gypsy/streetwise brat

Her skill is cool, but the first two crooks she encounters figure out how to manipulate her by selectively telling her the truth. Some of the soundtrack seems recycled from Justified.

21 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Her skill is cool, but the first two crooks she encounters figure out how to manipulate her by selectively telling her the truth. Some of the soundtrack seems recycled from Justified.

i actually didn't mind some of the crooks admitting the errors of their ways, it was mainly how the story unfolds. the story with chloe sevigny reminded me a lot of a script i did with lyonne a few years back except it was a film and done a little differently i think (never saw the finished film).

the story with the gas station attendant is a little too close to a film that i consider "sacred" with goddess lynne moody

i really wish they use benjamin bratt more. imo he's the street cred for this show

• Like 1

Poster-da-serie-de-The-Last-of-Us-732x10

this show is pedro pascal2 i think he's in like every shot. or someone is talking about him or wondering where he is. the last of us is the last people to have survived being around pedro pascal.

but so far its good. i'm on episode two

On 1/28/2023 at 8:08 PM, Boxus said:

I've been rewatching Veep and the last few seasons in particular are some of the best comedy I've ever seen.

Rewatching Veep too, still in s02 though (and you can already see the pace and dynamic working their magic, no matter how great s01 is). I'm just dreading the cruel / unfair final plot : amazingly written / acted / captured, but damn, so freaking painfully immoral (yet perfect for the show).

s02 is pretty awesome with the introduction of Kent and Ben, I love what they bring. So many incredible characters in this show. And I know it only gets better.

Amazing series yeah

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cloud capture said:

24/7 AI generated tv sitcom called Nothing, Forever, started running on twitch:

Apparently, this has been in the works for years?  I'm pretty high and just tripping out.

watchmeforever - Twitch

lol, this is basically David Lynch's Rabbits with pixel art

3 hours ago, cloud capture said:

24/7 AI generated tv sitcom called Nothing, Forever, started running on twitch:

Apparently, this has been in the works for years?  I'm pretty high and just tripping out.

watchmeforever - Twitch

I just watched this for 1 hour straight- this has such a high meme potential 

The Last of Us <<<<<<< Black Summer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Walking Dead

Re-watching B.S. now after TLOU ep3 as it felt like schmaltzy filler which is how TWD went about 25 series ago. the tension throughout B.S is unreal!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phudoshin said:

The Last of Us <<<<<<< Black Summer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Walking Dead

Re-watching B.S. now after TLOU ep3 as it felt like schmaltzy filler which is how TWD went about 25 series ago. the tension throughout B.S is unreal!

I think I decipher your post.  And I agree completely.

Black Summer was sick as hell.  Just re-watched the first season again.  What a great zombie show.  I never liked TWD too much, and The Last of Us still has time to get great.  Z Nation is a close second to Black Summer for me though.  Had lots of fun watching that one.

Just about to finish White Lotus S1. Very funny and I’m a bit grumpy when it comes to a lot of ‘comedy’, but yeah it really made me laugh out loud on a number of occasions. Better watch Season 2 I guess. Also gonna watch The Last Of Us. 

A few friends have told me about  Search Party….?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

On 1/29/2023 at 2:31 PM, Nebraska said:

i actually didn't mind some of the crooks admitting the errors of their ways, it was mainly how the story unfolds. the story with chloe sevigny reminded me a lot of a script i did with lyonne a few years back except it was a film and done a little differently i think (never saw the finished film).

Just watched that episode last night. For the first half I wasn’t really feeling it but it all gelled in the second half and by the end I was pretty stoked. 

Spoiler

That twist with the Benson shit was fucking brilliant. If you wrote that in your script then mad props homie. :beer:

13 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I don’t watch TV and it’s bliss! It’s like taking a vacation off from social media. You have to be off to realize how much you’re wasting your life when you’re on.

I didn’t have a tv throughout all of my twenties and it was great. I missed out on The Wire but eventually watched it on dvd when I was like 30. Otherwise I didn’t feel like I really missed much between 1997 and 2011.
 I like watching tv now tho because shows are much better in general. I’m off social media and TV feels much healthier. 

• Like 1

Perhaps shows are better nowadays, but I really have a hard time to see why I should put time into TV shows. Although I must admit to having a manic TV show session once or twice a year. Either when I’m really sick, or the holidays with nothing else to do. Last xmas I tried that new Game of Thrones series (house of dragon), but after 4 episodes I couldn’t be bothered sitting that season out. It just bored me. Story, characters, actors. What else is there? O, sex, fighting and cgi dragons. Sure, that never gets old… Waste of time. 

30 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Perhaps shows are better nowadays, but I really have a hard time to see why I should put time into TV shows. Although I must admit to having a manic TV show session once or twice a year. Either when I’m really sick, or the holidays with nothing else to do. Last xmas I tried that new Game of Thrones series (house of dragon), but after 4 episodes I couldn’t be bothered sitting that season out. It just bored me. Story, characters, actors. What else is there? O, sex, fighting and cgi dragons. Sure, that never gets old… Waste of time. 

spacer.png

Spoiler

That is kinda on you tho. Of all the shows, you picked GOT… and what’s more, you picked a GOT spin-off. 
Next time you’re compelled to watch something, as one of us first.

also, nobody is saying you “should“ put your time into watching tv, for the record. Good on you for doing other things. We just talk with each other about tv shows in this thread. You can always ignore it and just chill in the Plaid thread or something. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Just about to finish White Lotus S1. Very funny and I’m a bit grumpy when it comes to a lot of ‘comedy’, but yeah it really made me laugh out loud on a number of occasions. Better watch Season 2 I guess. Also gonna watch The Last Of Us. 

A few friends have told me about  Search Party….?

White Lotus was something else, you're in for another awesome ride with season 2!

On third episode of Search Party and so far so good. Reminded me a bit of Bored To Death, similar vibe, also recommended! 

• Thanks 1

I am currently enjoying watching The Crown with my mum. probably wouldn't have watched this on my own but this is something we can enjoy together when I'm over at hers.