IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

0DF77CB6-E613-4182-B58B-1DC766EBA2B4.jpeg.e7d5430235280f1bbec178e01751dd2c.jpeg

shame this chap won’t be in season 2, absolutely great character ? 

That actor (Murray Bartlett) is great. He’s also having a moment right now with WL, welcome to chipendales and Last of Us (in the much talked about episode 3). 

• Like 1

Well I’m hoping S2 of White Lotus is saving the best for last (I think it is!) because at the moment I’m not hugely impressed. Though the brunette call girl is nice eye candy. And Tom Hollander is getting more screen time and he’s always great. To be honest I would of binned it off by end of episode 3 but I have faith. Just about.

4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Well I’m hoping S2 of White Lotus is saving the best for last (I think it is!) because at the moment I’m not hugely impressed. Though the brunette call girl is nice eye candy. And Tom Hollander is getting more screen time and he’s always great. To be honest I would of binned it off by end of episode 3 but I have faith. Just about.

It’s a slower burn than S1 but stick with it! It pays off. 

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

It’s a slower burn than S1 but stick with it! It pays off. 

I’ve got the feeling that there’s a huge Satanic murder sex ritual type thing gonna happen at the posh Palermo mansion! 

• Burger 1

13 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

so what's the overall stance on Money Heist? I think I'm gonna dig in...

Fun, but overstays its welcome and very heavy abuse of cliffhangers. Honestly you're not missing much.

Edited by GORDO
Typo

Not trying to to be a troll but started watching Black Summer based on the recommendations in here but I couldn’t get halfway through the first episode. It felt like walking dead or Last Of Us without a budget, but not in a good way. 

Spoiler

Explosion sound offscreen -> everyone ducks -> repeat. Also, the format of the way it all begins is totally lopsided. We spend so much time with the mom and then hardly spend any time with the other characters (especially Ryan) as if we are setting up some grand ensemble but it just feels half baked. 

1 hour ago, GORDO said:

Fun, but overstays it's welcome and very heavy abuse of cliffhangers. Honestly you're not missing much.

Yeah I watched the first few seasons and enjoyed it but I kind of lost interest during one of the later seasons, it started to feel so repetitive. It had some great moments but definitely felt like it could have wrapped up sooner.

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Not trying to to be a troll but started watching Black Summer based on the recommendations in here but I couldn’t get halfway through the first episode. It felt like walking dead or Last Of Us without a budget, but not in a good way. 

Hide contents

Explosion sound offscreen -> everyone ducks -> repeat. Also, the format of the way it all begins is totally lopsided. We spend so much time with the mom and then hardly spend any time with the other characters (especially Ryan) as if we are setting up some grand ensemble but it just feels half baked. 

looked like a complete waste of time to me right from the off. I didn't want to say anything too pointed earlier but I can't see how it's any different from the ooh chaotic madness generic zombie shite that's been plaguing us since 28 Weeks Later (which was arguably the peak of that form, sixteen years ago, and was itself nothing but a poor-to-ok sequel). there's one scene in that show where they just hand everyone guns and it goes exactly as you would expect but even sillier.

if you're watching a "serious" show and it occurs to you it needs yakety sax played on top, that means it's Not Good.

• Haha 2
  • Big Brain 1

Well the "Last of Us" e4 slipped right into The Walking Dead territory in nearly every way.. YAWN

Finished s1 of Black Summer re-watch and loved it - again.. i think its the lack of music and main-character-deaths with no build up. Just TENSE all the way. Z-nation seemed a bit too "funny/"kooky to me but may give it another go

White Lotus 1/2 were really great.. the prostitutes were my favourite characters - great acting/storyline

Search Party - wins prize for biggest let down after season 1.. which was SOOO good.. then it turned to outright farce

• Like 1

White Lotus 2 never hit the bullseye for me. Agree that the 2 call girls were easy the best thing about every show. I really wasn't a fan of Aubrey Plazas husband, his totally lifeless, constant expressionless expression sucked the life out of every episode (maybe he was suppose to be like that....) and he had an awful lot of screen time. Even when he finally loses his temper, he has the same boring empty expression lol! 

There's a lot to watch on NOWTV which I've never seen before but heard of. Watchmen, Raised By Wolves, The Leftovers, Gangs Of London, Enlightened, Banshee etc. Good stuff.

6 hours ago, phudoshin said:

Well the "Last of Us" e4 slipped right into The Walking Dead territory in nearly every way.. YAWN

What made you think it slipped into Walking Dead territory? I did feel some Walking Deadness during the Ep 3 montages. 

That being said, I've enjoyed all the eps so far, though there has been plenty of eye roll moments for me. 

image.gif.207e61aa50ae4459e01394a98fde434c.gif

I think the casting for Ellie is poor - this Ellie just comes across as demented - they should have cast Nico Parker, she was wasted as Sarah. (IMO)

4 hours ago, o00o said:

Anyone here knows where and when I can watch the new Dr Who episodes with david tennant?

I think it'll be a while, maybe Christmas special? Wiki says November, 3 episodes for the 60th anniversary special. Tennant will only be doctor briefly before Ncuti Gatwa takes over afaik.

Edited by GORDO

Thx it’s a pity he should do a whole season 

Somewhere they said he would do 14 and Gatwa would do 15 but the information is so fractured I couldn’t find one cohesive article about it

On 2/5/2023 at 9:07 PM, GORDO said:

I really liked station eleven.

Although I feel I bit duped about every single online article describing this as science fiction.

but there's a man in a spacesuit!!!11! jk

i enjoyed Station Eleven too, i think the non-linear story timeline was done well and everything ties up nicely. great performances from everyone too, especially the girl who plays young Kirsten - she's phenomenal. the story explores concepts of love and family on many levels, and the overall tone is right. immersive / 10

Edited by cichlisuite

On 2/7/2023 at 2:01 AM, usagi said:

looked like a complete waste of time to me right from the off. I didn't want to say anything too pointed earlier but I can't see how it's any different from the ooh chaotic madness generic zombie shite that's been plaguing us since 28 Weeks Later (which was arguably the peak of that form, sixteen years ago, and was itself nothing but a poor-to-ok sequel). there's one scene in that show where they just hand everyone guns and it goes exactly as you would expect but even sillier.

if you're watching a "serious" show and it occurs to you it needs yakety sax played on top, that means it's Not Good.

Man i got to disagree - I think it one of the best shows ever made - serious. Nothing is as intense. You're on edge all the time and there is zero build-up to the crazy shit that happens. Very little filler dialog and the acting/action is so good. 

Its like "go plastic" vs some generic drum n bass album!

• Farnsworth 1

On 2/8/2023 at 3:31 AM, cichlisuite said:

great performances from everyone too, especially the girl who plays young Kirsten - she's phenomenal. 

Omg yes! Was gonna say the best child actor I've ever seen, but looked her up and she was 19/20 y.o. at time of filming, still, great performance.

Edited by GORDO
I'm idiot

14 minutes ago, GORDO said:

Omg yes! Was gonna say the best child actor I've ever seen, but looked her up and she was 19/20 y.o. at time of filming, still, great performance.

Agree on all of this. Station Eleven wrecked me in the best way possible. Particularly last couple of episodes chriiiiiist. 

I looked it up and the girl who played young Kristen was born in 2008 - if the series aired in 2021-22 (and was probably filmed in 2019 or 20 maybe?) she was probably only 11 or maybe 12? And, agreed, phenomenal actor in a cast full of phenomenal actors.

8 hours ago, GORDO said:

station11 was amazing. totally underrated