IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 2/8/2023 at 5:09 PM, GORDO said:

Fuck I can't do math lol

Lol no ur good man. Also, just to be clear, wasn't trying to call u out or anything. Just ended up looking her up cause I wondered if she was in anything else and was reassured that Hollywood isn't successfully deaging 20 yos to appear 10 ?

Started rewatching

image.thumb.png.f32809ab907ec634203c66aeab49b6e0.png

Fucking fantastic as ever. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Lol no ur good man. Also, just to be clear, wasn't trying to call u out or anything. Just ended up looking her up cause I wondered if she was in anything else and was reassured that Hollywood isn't successfully deaging 20 yos to appear 10 ?

Started rewatching

spaced is one of my favs 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, T3551ER said:

Started rewatching

Lots of great cameos. Nice arc for the characters. One of the best UK comedy shows ever. ❤️ I'm due a rewatch myself. 

On 2/10/2023 at 6:26 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Not bad so far 

C7A2B5B1-408D-45F0-BBFC-583A7A0C68DC.jpeg

What's the vibe like?

The Last of Us Ep 5: A few silly moments, however, I warmed to Ellie in this episode. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that reboot was pretty shite. Didn't fill me with violent rage though, just bored.

Hey tv show fans ? (I’m sick so need to kill a little time at home, hence the long post)

Got a chest infection so had a little time to turn into a big bad couch potato. First up it’s Watchmen. Hmmm not really. Kind of got the feeling that I would of liked it more back in the day during a period of time when there was a constant trickle of drugs running through my bloodstream. It was greatly weird which I do like, but I couldn’t be arsed with it. Greatly weird also needs a storyline that I’m interested in. This wasn’t it, so cut it off after 2 episodes. After enduring White Lotus 2 I learnt my lesson and I wasn’t wasting anymore time. Cool soundtrack though from Reznor and Company.

The Last Of Us. Think I’m up to episode 5. It’s okay. I did the whole of The Walking Dead so I like stuff like this.  Anything apocalyptic is my cup of tea. However it also reminded me of that show a little too much. So it’s a bit like deja vu. I’ll continue with it. Be interesting if we get to the story behind the fungal infection and the science of that. I certainly wouldn’t be giving out giant five gold stars for it. More like three and a half medium sized ones.

Banshee. Heard great things about this and was delighted to see it on NowTV. Just finished Season 1. It’s completely ridiculous and OTT but that’s why I like it! The bad guys Mr Rabbit and Kai Proctor are classic characters and The Sheriff is a very likeable cool dude. And all the ladies are incredibly sexy and usually get their clothes off in every scene. Happy days! Sometimes it falls a bit flat but I read that from Season 2 to the end, it takes off and improves a fair bit. So I’m looking forward to more adventures in the town of Banshee.

Beerwolf over and out ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

coroner.

fourth series. probably final. serinda swan has left. main reason i was watching. anyway ... had more promise at S1, and it ebbed away. stories and filming very much like daytime tv movies, but with OTT corpse special effects and crime scenes. oddball characters that became increasingly plain. went for the bizarre anime-like ending where all logic went to the wall and it was impossible to tell what was going on. at least, i couldn't. was a bit like going demob happy and using the results anyway. shame.

Copenhagen Cowboy by NW Refn (Drive, Bronson). A bit disappointed. Too slow and stale. I like the neon-aestethics, but the visuals ends up as almost parodic. Some funny and absurd moments, but all in all, it's to much focus on style and to little on content.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, cruising for burgers said:

been rewatching Jordan Peel's twilight zone... some episodes are quite watchable but most are really shitty...

Peel's monologues are so fucking cringe feels like punching him in the face...

Where did you find it? Paramount pulled it down in the US.

26 minutes ago, scumtron said:

Copenhagen Cowboy by NW Refn (Drive, Bronson). A bit disappointed. Too slow and stale. I like the neon-aestethics, but the visuals ends up as almost parodic. Some funny and absurd moments, but all in all, it's to much focus on style and to little on content.

cool thanks didn't know he had something new out...

6 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Where did you find it? Paramount pulled it down in the US.

ahhh u know, I stole it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

I think i've lost an insurmountable amount of brain cells as I've started watching this UK Show "Love Island".   Such a mindless show but actually perfect for me right.  Going through a lot of life shit so I need something really light and simple to keep my mind off things.  If I watch something deep / dark / emotional right now then it drags me into thinking about my woes.

Also I do love hearing all the accents, British, Irish, Scottish.  Being in the States I almost never hear any of it.

Doesn't hurt some of the women are lovely to look at as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2023 at 3:55 PM, Silent Member said:

Yeah, that reboot was pretty shite. Didn't fill me with violent rage though, just bored.

s02e02 is quite intriguing... should be longer? maybe not cause it would probably get ruined... kind of a mix of the matrix and severance and free guy...

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-twilight-zone-season-2-episode-2-review-downtime/

edit: yeah it's basically free guy but it's an avatar that becomes sentient instead of a NPC...

Edited by cruising for burgers

Episode 5 of The Last Of Us was very good indeed! Just when I was getting an itchy finger on the trigger to vaporise it…….(because I’ve watched a lot of apocalyptic stuff meaning my patience level isn’t so great)

Edited by beerwolf

Thanks to your recommendations in the thread above the wife and I did White Lotus S1. It is indeed very good. A bit heavy on the cringe but enough funny to keep that bearable and with an ending that is very, very grim. Recommended.

• Like 2