IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

tempted to watch Downton Abbey just to confirm that I hate it. I think it's embarrassing how much of a thing it became irl and especially Stateside. it's an understood post-colonial phenomenon that the former "subjects", as it were, have a retroactive fascination with the history and culture of the people/institutions that subjugated them, e.g. the British monarchy and aristocracy. the difference is that the monarchy holds a certain mystique and grandeur (as it must in order to exist at all) which, when contrasted against human failings, provides interesting drama fodder. this is why I can casually watch and enjoy The Crown, which I hadn't expected I could do at all. the aristocracy on the other hand is nothing but human, and consisted of some of the biggest and most boring cunts to have ever walked the earth at that, so what is the appeal exactly?? a romantic reimagining of their meaningless self-important lives ought to hold no interest for ordinary people at all, but we live in a clownshow of a world and so it does.

On 2/16/2023 at 5:49 PM, lyst said:

I think i've lost an insurmountable amount of brain cells as I've started watching this UK Show "Love Island".   Such a mindless show but actually perfect for me right.  Going through a lot of life shit so I need something really light and simple to keep my mind off things.  If I watch something deep / dark / emotional right now then it drags me into thinking about my woes.

Also I do love hearing all the accents, British, Irish, Scottish.  Being in the States I almost never hear any of it.

Doesn't hurt some of the women are lovely to look at as well.

Yeah I think we’ve all done that, if feeling a bit down, watch something easy and good looking on the eye. When I was in a similar situation as you I did the same with Dawsons Creek. Never watched it back in the day and generally something I would hate but enjoyed watching it when feeling glum. Comedy isn’t gonna work because you ain’t in the mood for constant laughing. Don’t whatever you do, go anywhere near The Last Of Us episode 3. Fucking hell I was feeling depressed after watching that.

Edited by beerwolf

Maybe it's cause I haven't watched anything in the genre since first season of Walking Dead, but I'm quite enjoying The Last of Us. Some impressive set pieces and (so far) the focus being more on thriller style tension over madcap action/gore. 

Spoiler

The infection coming from fungi is, apart from a really cool X Files episode (Field Trip), a new one for me and sets up some interesting avenues. Already we've seen that victims move via a kind of hive mind and sense disturbances in the mycelium, but wouldn't fungi want to spread via spores or something instead of the old zombie bite? I dunno, will be interesting to see what they do with that idea further down the line

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 5:58 AM, usagi said:

tempted to watch Downton Abbey just to confirm that I hate it. I think it's embarrassing how much of a thing it became irl and especially Stateside. it's an understood post-colonial phenomenon that the former "subjects", as it were, have a retroactive fascination with the history and culture of the people/institutions that subjugated them, e.g. the British monarchy and aristocracy. the difference is that the monarchy holds a certain mystique and grandeur (as it must in order to exist at all) which, when contrasted against human failings, provides interesting drama fodder. this is why I can casually watch and enjoy The Crown, which I hadn't expected I could do at all. the aristocracy on the other hand is nothing but human, and consisted of some of the biggest and most boring cunts to have ever walked the earth at that, so what is the appeal exactly?? a romantic reimagining of their meaningless self-important lives ought to hold no interest for ordinary people at all, but we live in a clownshow of a world and so it does.

if you like ketamine, I highly recommend downtown abbey.

Edited by watmmisdead
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2023 at 5:53 PM, beerwolf said:

The Last Of Us episode 3. Fucking hell I was feeling depressed after watching that.

I found that episode to be quite warming. Sad, sure. But also sweet and uplifting. Wasn't expecting a storyline like that from this series. Episode 5 though was a bit of a downer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sill watching the Last of Us..e6 was the last one. still feels like an offshoot of the Walking Dead in terms of the drama. The "comedy" feels very forced too

I missed the grimness of Last Summer so much i went and watched the film Threads(1988)...  grimness restored!

3 hours ago, phudoshin said:

Sill watching the Last of Us..e6 was the last one. still feels like an offshoot of the Walking Dead in terms of the drama. The "comedy" feels very forced too

I've been noticing this too.  It's either zero chemistry between the actors or terrible writing.  Or maybe Bella Ramsey isn't as great as they thought she'd be.

I'll keep watching this show because I'll watch anything zombie or post-apocalyptic, but it definitely been a slow roller so far.  It's definitely more dialog and drama driven than I expected.   Granted my expectations mean nothing, I never played the game.

• Like 2

I'm into the last of us, much better than any of the other attempts at serialised zombie drama I've seen. Heavy on the drama, but it's well written and acted, and mostly interesting, unlike the walking dead, which just dragged whenever zombies weren't around. 

If you just want to see some zombie shooting and running in a tighter format Black Summer on netflix is pretty underrated.

• Like 3

Done Banshee Season 2. As expected a definite improvement in budget and production and the cheap rough edges smoothed out. 8/10.

Watched a couple episodes of Barry. It’s funny indeed but not really my kind of thing. Like Parks & Recreation, that’s funny but not something I’m really interested in for the long haul. I’ll watch another episode to satisfy my curiosity. But likely to forget about it.

Gangs Of London. Absolute horseshit! 

Still watching The Last Of Us. It’s fine.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 1:45 PM, scumtron said:

Copenhagen Cowboy by NW Refn (Drive, Bronson). A bit disappointed. Too slow and stale. I like the neon-aestethics, but the visuals ends up as almost parodic. Some funny and absurd moments, but all in all, it's to much focus on style and to little on content.

Yeah, I was kind of expecting that after Too old to die young. This was a bit easier to get through than that though. I kind of liked CC, but I guess his style works better in a condensed 2 hour sitting than 8+ hours of neon soaked violent dudes staring off into the distance.

On the other hand I fucking love Cunk on Earth, love it. 

Edited by Silent Member

On 2/22/2023 at 6:03 AM, beerwolf said:

Done Banshee Season 2. As expected a definite improvement in budget and production and the cheap rough edges smoothed out. 8/10.

loved this show, though last couple of seasons (sort of) fizzled out in terms of quality

how is this not compulsory viewing? a manor full of milfs. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Watched 'the consultant'. Mystery box bullshit held together by Christoph waltz's quirkiness but he can only carry the show for so much. Would not watch a second season that they clearly wanted to set up.

• Thanks 1

Heyo I'm very drunk and the with cer blood origins or whatever it's called is destilled piss. I feel very bad for everyone starring in it, they deserve much better.

Feels sn lodoks like they threw this shit toughethrt in a weekend 

Suck my dick netflix!:cat:

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

dickflix... I want the same that this guy's having ^^^ the original also sucked dunno why you're surprised... :trollface:

I started watching Station 11 yesterday and I loved the 1st episode but damn the start of the 2nd one?

Spoiler

a bunch of hippies playing Shakespeare? It was cringe af... :facepalm:

I'm actually sad and not dissing cause I loved the dynamics between the little girl and the main character that apparently is not the main character...

Edited by cruising for burgers

On 2/18/2023 at 1:38 PM, GORDO said:

Apparently season 3 of Picard is not shite so watching that now 

episode 1 was alright, not watched ep2 yet tho. 10 times better than anything in the 1st 2 seasons, but that ain't hard.

19 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

dickflix... I want the same that this guy's having ^^^ the original also sucked dunno why you're surprised... :trollface:

I started watching Station 11 yesterday and I loved the 1st episode but damn the start of the 2nd one?

Hide contents

a bunch of hippies playing Shakespeare? It was cringe af... :facepalm:

I'm actually sad and not dissing cause I loved the dynamics between the little girl and the main character that apparently is not the main character...

Keep at it, it all melds together 

It's pretty good, but a bit too full of itself. Sorry about that drunk nonsense back there, only found out I posted it just now :cerious:

Edited by Silent Member