IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

i'm quite hooked on the last of us ngl and it's only two eps left, but i guess it's for the best because things like that tend to lose the momentum

didn't play the games or read the book (is there a book?), and didn't consume much of this genre in general so everything is kind of fresh to me which is great!

34 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

i'm quite hooked on the last of us ngl and it's only two eps left, but i guess it's for the best because things like that tend to lose the momentum

didn't play the games or read the book (is there a book?), and didn't consume much of this genre in general so everything is kind of fresh to me which is great!

started playing the game since watching this show. haven’t played a zombie style shooter since doom/quake days in high school. is rather intense 

One of my favorite games tbqh. Haven’t played TLOU2 yet but my wife did.

I’m enjoying the show a lot; good mix of porting scenes directly over and changing characters etc when it fits the medium better (e.g, Bill).

Kind of funny how the show excises hours and hours (and hours) of fairly unforgiving combat— just like doesn’t even attempt to go there at all — and still feels pretty much intact. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTep7xni5MXL5AR9iBxYbg

shudder's idea of "original content" is having a bunch of people read wikipedia facts about horror films to the camera and editing it down to 30 min segments.

AaJ5R5xCOsPjCdU3tGbCG9qP2lT.jpg

apple+ continues trying to make an original show and yet again, this one sucks. incredible production design that should've been a slam dunk yet somehow, everyone forgot that the script is paramount

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 10:10 PM, Silent Member said:

It's pretty good, but a bit too full of itself. Sorry about that drunk nonsense back there, only found out I posted it just now :cerious:

Posting when drunk is fantastic fun. Unfortunately it doesn’t feel like that the following day. I never really suffer from anxiety but drunk posting really can give me the heebie jeebies. It’s best avoided for you ask me. We should have a drunk thread in general banter so a safe space to just post intoxicated ranting and rambling.

(See you Saturday night  ? ? )

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 7:19 PM, Nebraska said:

Apple+ continues trying to make an original show and yet again, this one sucks. incredible production design that should've been a slam dunk yet somehow, everyone forgot that the script is paramount

Really? It’s next on our list. Just finished our first Apple show, Severance, which, while not a “slam dunk”, certainly didn’t “suck”. Aside from an ill-advised excursion to a punk rock concert most of the script kept us pleasantly on our toes. Enough weird, also, to keep it interesting and while the brother in law was both cringe and unbelievably badly written, I felt he ended up working well enough (a suspension of critical faculties, if you will, which is much harder to pull off than mere suspension of disbelief).

On 2/25/2023 at 7:38 PM, auxien said:
On 2/18/2023 at 1:38 PM, GORDO said:

Apparently season 3 of Picard is not shite so watching that now 

episode 1 was alright, not watched ep2 yet tho. 10 times better than anything in the 1st 2 seasons, but that ain't hard.

episode 2 was decent, the Worf scene was pretty nice for what it was. seemed to sort of narrow the scope of the season to just 'oh, so this is what the whole thing is going to be about, i guess?' which is fine, i'll take anything even slightly better than the first 2 horrid seasons...but i'm concerned that it's going to plod along the whole time. 

episode 3 was starting to feel like a drag. could've easily been trimmed in half...the de-aged Picard and Riker were weird, but it wasn't a long scene, at least. made it clear just how terribly old Stewart sounds. i'm wondering if they're playing up that 'old man' stereotype with some of his script/acting in these scenes....but his scene with McFadden was really good on both their parts. letting the actors act out human dramas is woefully forgotten about with much/all of the new Star Trek (broken record).

anyway, they've layed more than enough bricks and mortar at this point. i imagine there's going to be another twist or two (LeVar Burton is in the season interview hype machine but hasn't shown up on the screen yet).

also, the super dark all the time thing is so goddamned cringey. like, literally, the scenes are almost always just barely lit enough to see anything. TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager/etc. had their cinematic moments/episodes and it's great these new ones are leaning into that side of stuff, but turn on the fucking lights on the fucking bridge for fuck's sake. 

Still watching Poker Face. Great show. Good fun. The best thing about it is that it doesn’t take itself too seriously and it’s not afraid to be silly/zany/goofy. The episode in the nursing home was hilarious. It’s also refreshing to see a show that completely loses the series arc and is still highly entertaining. Every episode is like a cheeky little Murder She Wrote or Columbo episode. I wasn’t a big fan of Natasha Leone before this show but the character she created is really awesome. If you’re looking for a light-hearted dark comedy, this scratches the itch. 

I’m also still watching Last Of Us. Not the best show ever but far from the worst. I look forward to every new episode so I guess it’s working out pretty well. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2
  • Burger 1

Binged "the leftovers". nothing particularly irritated me which is a compliment for a "mystery-box-ambiguous-meaning-for-everything" show from lindelof. It's ok with good moments.

Kinda falls apart in the last season but at least they gave it an ending.

On 3/5/2023 at 10:10 AM, auxien said:

episode 2 was decent, the Worf scene was pretty nice for what it was. seemed to sort of narrow the scope of the season to just 'oh, so this is what the whole thing is going to be about, i guess?' which is fine, i'll take anything even slightly better than the first 2 horrid seasons...but i'm concerned that it's going to plod along the whole time. 

episode 3 was starting to feel like a drag. could've easily been trimmed in half...the de-aged Picard and Riker were weird, but it wasn't a long scene, at least. made it clear just how terribly old Stewart sounds. i'm wondering if they're playing up that 'old man' stereotype with some of his script/acting in these scenes....but his scene with McFadden was really good on both their parts. letting the actors act out human dramas is woefully forgotten about with much/all of the new Star Trek (broken record).

anyway, they've layed more than enough bricks and mortar at this point. i imagine there's going to be another twist or two (LeVar Burton is in the season interview hype machine but hasn't shown up on the screen yet).

also, the super dark all the time thing is so goddamned cringey. like, literally, the scenes are almost always just barely lit enough to see anything. TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager/etc. had their cinematic moments/episodes and it's great these new ones are leaning into that side of stuff, but turn on the fucking lights on the fucking bridge for fuck's sake. 

Fell asleep watching episode 3. I don't think I'll be returning to it.

• Like 1

Quite enjoyed the last episode of The Last Of Us with the old arcade games and carousel in the abandoned shopping centre. I found it really creepy and was on edge the whole time, huge tension. And when they were in the photo booth. That whole episode I was expecting something to happen any second. Loved the dancing in the creepy masks (more tension) I shall say no more! Was really good.

Also watching Costal Defenders on BBC 2 which is a programme on sea divers who perform underwater work around the south UK coast. It’s really interesting.

Banshee season 3 very good and almost finished. The elements of Deliverance and First Blood done very well. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Watching Yellowstone with my partner, didn't expect to like it but I do.
Also started watching Twin Peaks again during my lunch break, still one of the best tv-series ever made!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ARPA said:

Watching Yellowstone with my partner, didn't expect to like it but I do.
Also started watching Twin Peaks again during my lunch break, still one of the best tv-series ever made!

Yellowstone is brilliant imo. As you said Arpa I didn't think cowboy stuff would interest me, and I thought it would be a bit naff. But it was the complete opposite. Perfect escapism.

Rip and Beth are super brilliant characters. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

tonite I'm watching the last episode of station 11... not really sure about the soundtrack, sound design is really good but the soundtrack is a bit sappy which influences the drama too much... I usually don't like that... I also can't help but feel that I'm losing something plot wise... some kind of metaphor... I say this because I'm not really sure about the main characters intentions...

anyway, it's one of the best shows I've seen recently, really sad there's no more seasons...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1

damn, didn't like station 11 ending at all... was expecting something way more bitter and fantasy/sci-fi style wise but it took the easiest happy/drama/family path...

(⁠┛⁠◉⁠Д⁠◉⁠)⁠┛⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

great performances overall though...

Edited by cruising for burgers

On 3/8/2023 at 6:54 PM, cruising for burgers said:

damn, didn't like station 11 ending at all... was expecting something way more bitter and fantasy/sci-fi style wise but it took the easiest happy/drama/family path...

(⁠┛⁠◉⁠Д⁠◉⁠)⁠┛⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

great performances overall though...

World is shit enough to have bitter endings in fictional media...

If 

Spoiler

Kirsten and Jeevan didn't reunite 

at the end I would've been legit upset.

But yeah, it's sappy

On 3/9/2023 at 2:57 PM, lyst said:

The Last of Us, Episode 8.  Awesome.

Mandalorian, Episode 2.  Bad-ass.

I'm a happy camper at the moment.

I have to start the last of us. Mandalorian was really good 

Watched The Night Of which was pretty good. It dragged sometimes and got close to being just another mediocre crime/courtroom drama, but good performances, especially from Turturro, make it enjoyable. Also cool to see the kid from Four Lions. 

Station Eleven was a bit convoluted in a kind of annoying, unnecessary way, but the good things definitely outweigh the bad. Loved the first airport episode, that Irish dude is very watchable.

Currently watching Fleishman Is In Trouble, very good so far. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 9:14 PM, GORDO said:

World is shit

I agree

world is shit enough to have bitter endings in fictional media

let's agree to disagree

at the end I would've been legit upset

I agree

But yeah, it's sappy