IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Three episodes into Spy/Master ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22325698/ ), a story set in cold war where the main intelligence officer of the Causescu's regime defects to the west. They really nailed the looks and characters of Elena and Nicolae Causescu which is enjoyable. The main antagonist is the Romanian counter-intelligence operative who can be a bit cartoonish at times, the dialogues could be better, and of course the americans are the best and most ethical as always (rolls eyes), the main actor does a great job, and the stasi agent is hot (actually they are both hot) but all in all quite good series I think..... so far....

'White House Plumbers'. it's pretty fun and ridiculous. they're having a good time w/this one. egging up some of the known weirdness of G. Gordon Liddy and E. Howard hunt. incompetent scumbags. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Pluto TV has these 24/7 music video channels sorted by decade, so it’s literally like tuning into MTV in whatever decade you grew up in.

Goddamn this is the best thing ever. I just checked it out and the 80's station is playing a Run DMC marathon, fucking amazeballs 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Goddamn this is the best thing ever. I just checked it out and the 80's station is playing a Run DMC marathon, fucking amazeballs 

If they could just show the commercials and movie trailers from each decade, it would be perfect.

• Like 1

We finished Foundation this week.

It was … horrible.

Maybe not if they hadn’t named it ”Foundation”  and sprinkled it with just enough references to the  books that you were constantly reminded that it did not, actually, have anything to do with Asimov’s work, but they did so it was a teeth grinding fest from beginning to end.

But it looks kind of nice, so there’s that.

Next up: White Lotus S2. First episode is promising.

1 hour ago, Limo said:

We finished Foundation this week.

It was … horrible.

Maybe not if they hadn’t named it ”Foundation”  and sprinkled it with just enough references to the  books that you were constantly reminded that it did not, actually, have anything to do with Asimov’s work, but they did so it was a teeth grinding fest from beginning to end.

But it looks kind of nice, so there’s that.

Next up: White Lotus S2. First episode is promising.

i liked the series for what it is but wasn't thinking about the books at all. i read them so long ago. in the first episode of the show i paused it and thought "this has nothing to do with the books as i remember them" but i don't have the books anymore so can't go get them and make sure i'm not misremembering. 

i took it as a it's own syfy thing. 

I was watching Archive 81 until today. I think I was maybe 3 episodes in and just got bored of watching the flashback stuff with the girl carrying the handy-cam everywhere she went in order to keep the found-footage premise going. It wasn’t all bad and I was curious to see what happened but my awareness that I have a finite length of time on the planet made my choice for me. 
Now I’m watching John of God (a Brazilian documentary series about a controversial/scandalous spiritual healer) and it’s much better. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 9:24 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Pluto TV has these 24/7 music video channels sorted by decade, so it’s literally like tuning into MTV in whatever decade you grew up in.

Checking out pluto tv because of your post. Now I’m watching blind date. :dadjoke:

• Like 2

This came out today

new Duggar family documentary 
on Prime

following everyones favorite messed up tlc family

I’m excited to watch it  

image.thumb.jpeg.7e4e3cf2a7010f3dd9567d59a54ff40b.jpeg

On 6/1/2023 at 10:46 AM, Nebraska said:

hqdefault.jpg?w=800&ssl=1

head-damagingly strange. almost to the point where i started to think the entire story was manufactured à la balloon boy saga even though this is capturing the friedman's level of fucked up

Started watching this tonight. Omfg. Crazy story. 

…edit…

I’m now 3 episodes in and I don’t ever want this show to end.

Edited by J3FF3R00

Binged through ep 6 of S2 of From, then watched 7 Sunday. I've come to the conclusion that as a show to binge this is great fun, but watching episodically is nightmarish. Especially this season where not a lot seems to he happening - I'd have been so frustrated watching week to week, but that (mostly) gets smoothed over if you can just watch the next episode. Adding a bunch of new characters doesn't help, bc now you have to divide your attention. 

Also, started watching Fubar and... its good? Dunno, maybe I'm just the right age/ market but thoroughly enjoying it so far. It knows exactly what it is, and executes on that thing well. Sometimes easy to forget that Arnie actually has some pretty great comedic timing.