IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I just binged through Hannibal over the past week and I loved it. Agree about s1 being more formulaic and s2 really elevating the series to a higher level of quality.

I thought the finale was fantastic. Aesthetically it was brilliant. I loved the music - the clock theme that kept coming up was so cool, and I love how it built to the alarms and bells ringing in the climax. This show has had more tasteful music than most stuff I've seen on tv, though I sometimes got tired of the sporadic drumming.

Regarding Game of Thrones: the series becomes more and more frustrating for me. As a book fan, I find myself delighted by some scenes and pissed about others. Overall I think the showrunners are deviating too far from the books, and it's revealing how poor their own writing skills are. Disappointing. But it still tells a great story, and occasionally does it justice.

Sent from hell using fire

Fargo Season/series? finale (Although I could see a new season built around Lou's backstory which they referred to several times, especially the final 2 episodes)

It ended well. Was hoping for a little more in some regards. (Revisiting Lester's brother for one. No such luck.) There were some great, great scenes, surrounded by a lot of lesser ones I thought. Some contrivances that made sense in the end. Personally, I was hoping Molly would have been a little more involved with the outcomes of Lorne & Lester. The finale went down a different path. All-in-all I hope this series comes back with Noah Hawley writing. My Tuesday nights are gonna be empty without this show.

Spoilered standout scenes:

Molly's final words to Lester. Gave him a metaphor about how she was using him as bait to draw out Malvo. He didn't understand it & she just says "Goodbye, Mr. Nygaart". Loved the coldness in which she spoke it.

The wolf appearing to both Gus & Malvo. The wolf standing in as the law of nature, or an allusion to the devil. probably more so as a law of nature & power. Empowering Gus & pulling the torch out of Malvo's hands. Billy Bob acted his end tight. How he played it beyond pissed & smug that he was finally "got" at the same time was +10.

Molly listening to Malvo's tape of Lester

It had been set up for useless Gus to save the day [and the unborn child too] since he pussied out that first time meeting Malvo

yea. I understood the arc, but it felt contrived with the whole "our girl cant go to another funeral", then oh, im gonna just wait in malvos lair & hope I come out on top. i liked the whole scene where they met though. the wolf tied it all together... metaphorically poetic.

oh yeah, contrived, but also totally pure luck that Bilbo laid that bear trap resulting in BillyBob going back to the hut in a state of unrest and then shooting himself full of tranquillisers, but in lovely Gus's not just useless mind he was protecting his wife + baby cos he knew if he alerted Police to the lair then Molly would be much less likely to stay safe and sound, as Malvo is watching out for her, and not Gus, who he has forgotten completely about.

oh yeah, contrived, but also totally pure luck that Bilbo laid that bear trap resulting in BillyBob going back to the hut in a state of unrest and then shooting himself full of tranquillisers, but in lovely Gus's not just useless mind he was protecting his wife + baby cos he knew if he alerted Police to the lair then Molly would be much less likely to stay safe and sound, as Malvo is watching out for her, and not Gus, who he has forgotten completely about.

I found it quite odd that Malvo wouldn't have just waited out lester & killed him instead of retreating. Whatevs. Wounded animals tend to do that though, so it followed the metaphor they carried throughout the episode.

It did throw a curveball on my expectations but then it referenced No Country for Old Men / Cormac McCarthy in that the predators keep on outsmarting each other until it just gets too much and something gives or a wolf or horse save the world.

It was all a dream anyway.

Started Parks & Recreation. Rob Swanson , Leslie Knope, & Andy crack me up. Great characters.

Finally caught the newest season of Arrested Development. I really enjoyed the first seasons. The new ep's had their moments but didn't live up to the originals.

I hope Nick Offerman gets some leading roles in comedy films, he's on fire right now.

dudes awesome in real life as well. solid guy & really is a helluva woodworker (actual wood)

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

do not watch lost.

Watch Heroes

wow that's terrible advice. LOST had problems but the highs were much higher than anything heroes did and the lows for both are probably equal.

Still on my HBO catch-up I started watching The Comeback with her from friends. Its very Office-y and very Curb-y but has a few good moments. maybe a few too many cringe moments but watchable TV. they say write what you know and I guess she did

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

do not watch lost.

Watch Heroes

wow that's terrible advice. LOST had problems but the highs were much higher than anything heroes did and the lows for both are probably equal.

Still on my HBO catch-up I started watching The Comeback with her from friends. Its very Office-y and very Curb-y but has a few good moments. maybe a few too many cringe moments but watchable TV. they say write what you know and I guess she did

'Twas never to be taken seriously. Lost is probably great if you can mainline it.

malvo was the best on-screen wolf since packer in cosmopolis.

just realized that thrones, fargo, and louie all ended their runs 3 days in a row. guess i won't be watching TV for a year...

malvo was the best on-screen wolf since packer in cosmopolis.

just realized that thrones, fargo, and louie all ended their runs 3 days in a row. guess i won't be watching TV for a year...

Ol' Billy Bob was the shit.

The Strain starts in a few weeks. Might be passable summer entertainment at least. Other than that, yea, you're right. All the best shows seem to start in late winter/spring. Except The Walking Dead...ahem...

Better Call Saul delayed til 2015

Yea. They also greenlighted a second season already. Found that rather odd. Or, AMC realized they ain't got shit in the pipeline & needed it regardless of ratings.

Edited by olo

So I continue to watch Defiance with my wife and, uh, there was a bit too much of Datak Tarr receiving handjobs in the S2 premiere for me.