IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Parks and Rec first season is quite bad... but I love the show afterward.

I stopped watching Community after their season 3 half season hiatus, but I quite liked the show.

Been loving community season 1.

Was not impressed with parks and rec episode 1 but willing to stick with it if it gets better?

Parcs recreation, I remember trying with first few eps, was horrible.

Watching true detective, 5 eps so far. It is very good. I generally hate most series, but this one is excellent so far.

Guest JW Modestburns

I'm a picky old coot.

Waiting for several series to return

-Walking Dead

-Game of Thrones

-Rick & Morty

In the meantime I've been watching the following:

-East Bound & Down

-The Office UK

-Peep Show

-Derek

-An Idiot Abroad

Yesterday evening I finished Twin Peak for the very first time. Boy, what a ride!

It mostly left me just " :sad: ": Donna's life ruined, Audrey & Pete probably dead, Coop possessed. Good thing Annie survived, and I was happy that Andy was chosen as the father.. but mostly just "damn you, Bob. Damn you for being so evil!!" Best go and watch the movie soon, although I've read it prechronicled the Twin Peaks saga.. Too bad, but I think I will enjoy it anyway!

Currently watching nothing: I might get into Parks & Rec, or watch the Mighty Boosh, but anything as intense as Twin Peaks? Can't find anything at the moment :)

Got sucked into watching a marathon of Alaskan Bush People, I could give a shit at first, then got hooked of course. A large family of what looks like wanna be bikers, they eschew civilization almost entirely, explores the barter economy of Alaska, how many mentally ill people gravitate to living in wilderness, violence among the population, etc. they had a really bad run of luck on the show, house burnt down (supposedly by Feds), cabin built on newly bought land, then (and this is in debate) shots were fired at the family & Discovery cam crew, but no report ever filed with authorities? So they bought a 32ft boat, which hits a log in the water and sinks as they barely pull into port. Now they really have nothing, boat sank, car sold, possessions underwater. What struck me about them, besides the usual fish out of water questions they fielded to them, was how are these now adult children going to live going forward? They all live as a family on subsistence survival, but how are these (mostly men) going to find a wife or start a family when they live in complete wilderness w no electricity or running water? What girl will sign up for that?

Show's future is uncertain, family not sure if they want to keep filming. Very interesting for reality tv, actually had me thinking after I finished watching.

Edited by Rubin Farr

Does anybody remember Oliver Stone's Wild Palms mini series from the mid 90s?

Kind of want to give it another go. Only ever saw 1 episode and i was very very stoned.

Wild Palms is a five-hour mini-series which was produced by Greengrass Productions and first aired in May 1993 on the ABC network in the United States. The sci-fi drama, announced as an "event series",[2] deals with the dangers of politically motivated abuse of mass media technology, virtual realities in particular. It was based on a comic strip written by Bruce Wagner and illustrated by Julian Allen first published in 1990 in Details magazine.

"Readers of the British trade weekly Broadcast were much more negative, calling it one of the worst television shows ever exported by the U.S. to the U.K. It placed fourth on their list, exceeded only by Baywatch, The Anna Nicole Show and The Dukes of Hazzard. TV Guide also blasted it, offering the interpretation that Oliver Stone was condemning television while covertly lauding cinematic films"

lol, there's a rhino in the pool. /youtub

I watched a bit more on youtub and started really getting annoyed at how shit it is. The acting and scripting, the early nineties anti timelessness of it's look, some nice set up shot ideas here and there. Maybe it works better if you're not an inveterate skimmer and really stoned and you don't have the viewing options that today gives you.

The one where his mom gives birth to a hair ball was too wtf for me.

what show was that? because there was an incident where that happened in real life

Could never get through it. First of all, the lead actor is Jim Belushi, so that doesn't help. It's kinda fun in the sense that there are plot twists every second. Pretty idm show really, holograms and rhinos

same here, it was during a time when Oliver Stone was still pretty good though, if you can get past Belushi it's worth checking out

The one where his mom gives birth to a hair ball was too wtf for me.

what show was that? because there was an incident where that happened in real life

Check it Out with Dr Steve Brule on Cartoon Network.

Also read Clive Barker's Nightbreed (Cabal) being adapted to TV.

Tokyo Ghoul, 2 eps in, good so far. Once it settles in i wonder if it can keep up the momentum/innovation. There were actually a number of series that peaked my interest from the summer anime batch. I was starting to despair for anime. But there's some nice animation to be found along with interesting storylines. Whether they arc for the whole series, or crash and burn remains to be seen, or not seen.