IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

The mouth is just a mask though, but what's underneath it is unknown at this point. I'm sure they'll do something twisted with it when they reveal it.

I think there's at least an, I dunno, 100% probability? th-that the clown is beneath the makeup just an average looking person who is predisposed to committing heinous murders, whilst those who are deemed the "freaks" based on outward appearance will be shown to be of noble, dignified spirit and worthy of respect.

The mouth is just a mask though, but what's underneath it is unknown at this point. I'm sure they'll do something twisted with it when they reveal it.

I think there's at least an, I dunno, 100% probability? th-that the clown is beneath the makeup just an average looking person who is predisposed to committing heinous murders, whilst those who are deemed the "freaks" based on outward appearance will be shown to be of noble, dignified spirit and worthy of respect.

Actually no, but what I was thinking as well. We were wrong. They showed it last night.

And the freaks are not of noble spirit either. Actually, really no protagonist in the show that I can see at this point. Maybe the 1 of the 2 headed chicks heads is? maybe.

A ridiculous show also. It's really not good.

Edited by olo

Agreed that season 4 of Louie was great. Best of the run so far, IMO. "Into the Woods" was especially beautiful and just about could've been a quality standalone film. The kid "Louie" actor did an amazing job. I'd say there were less laughs in the season, but it was more of a surreal drama-comedy.

• 2 weeks later...

Binged through the Hannibal seasons and enjoyed it very much. Mikkelsen's take on Lecter is great. Strangley bloody and brutal for a network show. And with the pretty cinematography it feels like a HBO-type show.

One of the most sophisticated TV shows I've seen in a while. Intellectually stimulating, aesthetically intriguing, every scene is somptuous, the dialogues are clever, the storyline is mostly unpredictable but credible and Mikkelson has nailed it 100 %. Up there with True Detective and Breaking Bad, as far as I'm concerned.

the flash pilot is was really nice, pretty much how i imagine comic books to be having never read one. it's fast paced, peppered with light-hearted lols, nice cgi and fun characters, somewhat reminiscent of sam raimi's spidermans. it's like the opposite of that recenlty launched gotham turd with it's self serious and forced "darkness and corruption" over everything.

Strangely impressed with this show as well, mostly because I avoid CW produced shows at all costs. It definitely has that sappy/schlocky feel, but it works well for the show. I am curious to see how much they explore The Flash's powers, simply because they get really nutty (like using the matter created by his speed to form solid objects).

Binged through the Hannibal seasons and enjoyed it very much. Mikkelsen's take on Lecter is great. Strangley bloody and brutal for a network show. And with the pretty cinematography it feels like a HBO-type show.

One of the most sophisticated TV shows I've seen in a while. Intellectually stimulating, aesthetically intriguing, every scene is somptuous, the dialogues are clever, the storyline is mostly unpredictable but credible and Mikkelson has nailed it 100 %. Up there with True Detective and Breaking Bad, as far as I'm concerned.

pretty curious to see where season 3 goes. quality tv.

Louie season 4 - watched the first two. wow the exaggeration of scenarios shiz is on full non-stop whack. which is funny in itself because that was something people moaned about before when it happened occasionally. the garbage men or whatever they're called thing was funny. oh man, bin ben are noisy.. lol. but yeah, it was alright.

the way Gotham switches to comic book logic without warning is annoying, lots of sloppy editing too.

that show should've been cancelled after the first episode. there was an article in the trades recently that shows like that are only around because of dvdr

I couldn't get into any American Horror Story but my wife and a couple of her friends are really into it. As far as I can tell the only thing it has going for it is the Charlie Clouser soundtrack. The vibe was too theatrical to get any really scare out of it.

I'm just watching Walking Dead lately but recently I really enjoyed Utopia. I might rewatch season 1 & 2, can't wait for 3.

I really enjoyed Utopia. I might rewatch season 1 & 2, can't wait for 3.

i guess not the american version. i watch it every time it's on but man... what a trainwreck that show is. i like the idea of spying on them 24/7 on mobile etc. but it's a piece of crap.

Nah, the BBC one. I saw that there was an American one with that name too but I haven't bothered to check it out.

I know I'm quite late to the party but I just started The Big Bang Theory with my gf today and have to say it's quite fun - french version is crap tho...Hope I'll be up to date for the next season !

I know I'm quite late to the party but I just started The Big Bang Theory with my gf today and have to say it's quite fun - french version is crap tho...Hope I'll be up to date for the next season !

I just found out yesterday Mike Massimino is a real astronaut, I thought he was an actor LOL

I don't understand why the US networks (fox, nbc, etc) have such a hard time with dark dramas? Gotham sucks! I gave it until episode 3 before giving up. The cable channels (showtime, hbo, fx) can get away with language/nudity, etc., but it doesn't mean you can't still have a well written/acted/directed show...

there are a few exceptions such as Hannibal, X-Files, Twin Peaks...but the majority of network dramas are complete crap

I really enjoyed Utopia. I might rewatch season 1 & 2, can't wait for 3.

i guess not the american version. i watch it every time it's on but man... what a trainwreck that show is. i like the idea of spying on them 24/7 on mobile etc. but it's a piece of crap.

I thought the UK version was worse than pretty much everything else on UK tv at the time, awful dross.

But everyone liked it even my mates with good taste.

yes lol, i watched about 4 episodes of british utopia someone recced here and it was getting more retarded, unbelievable and convoluted with each new episode, it's like some kind of teenage mystery/conspiracy show but with horrific violence to pander to 20+ neckbeards.

Edited by eugene

i concur. but there must of been something about it.

try rewatching black mirror, too. after watching something on hbo or amc and see how poorly it compares in production and, well, everything.

i love british tv, but i would not say black mirror or utopia are shining examples of the talent pool.

Ha. I really liked some of the Black Mirror episodes too, although yeah it's kind of a mess.

Utopia is definitely more violent than it needs to be. I like the look and feel of it so I may have forgiven everything else about it. I do remember the characters being fairly 2-dimensional.

Guest Roksen Creek

Just watched True Detective. Maybe my favourite US drama since The Wire.

Hannibal and Fargo are pretty good too.

The few episodes I watched of Black Mirror were decent I thought.