IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

wow Jonathan Nolan is bring the Foundation Trilogy to HBO. If anyone can do it justice, this might be the place if they do a Game of Thrones approach.

http://io9.com/what-absolutely-everyone-needs-to-know-about-isaac-asim-1660230344?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=wednesdayPM

wow Jonathan Nolan is bring the Foundation Trilogy to HBO. If anyone can do it justice, this might be the place if they do a Game of Thrones approach.

http://io9.com/what-absolutely-everyone-needs-to-know-about-isaac-asim-1660230344?utm_source=recirculation&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=wednesdayPM

I have been dreaming of a GoT-type show but in space. Who knows if this one could be it.

Guest Roksen Creek

I have been dreaming of a GoT-type show but in space. Who knows if this one could be it.

If you don't have an aversion to anime (it's not typical anime anyway), you should watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It was GoT in space before GoT and much better too.

yeah. himym i would watch when i was 15 or so but there are many more high octane and creative laughs to be had elsewhere, right?

Yeah sitcoms are nowhere near anything I would describe as "creative", nor "funny". It's quite an antithesis to "creative laughs" really, more like "déjà-vu sighs".

If you don't have an aversion to anime (it's not typical anime anyway), you should watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It was GoT in space before GoT and much better too.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I do have an aversion to anime, although I did manage to watch the whole Cowboy bebop thing some years ago and liked it, but dunno how I would if I watched it again. That said from the little I've checked on anime/manga they seem to cover some awesome sci-fi settings and themes, that usually tickles me fancy. It just the style I can't handle.

Guest jasondonervan

trailer-park-boys.jpg

Trailer Park Boys. Somehow managed to miss the entire thing until now, apart from the episode with Conky which I do remember seeing once. Tearing through it on Netflix, quite entertaining. Bubbles is probably my favourite character, closely followed by Ricky and his frequently entertaining fumbling of words ("Nice job, Lahey... my Dad has parallel-sis")

Edited by jasondonervan

Also watching Gotham right now. It's nicer than I thought it would be thanks to the lore and the actually pretty good actors overall, but the realisation really is quite terrible. The way it's filmed and set is gross, feels like it should have been broadcasted years ago as a failed mainstream series. Which is too bad because it's not what it is...

@meshgearfox : I dunno really since I have avoided pretty much anything called a sitcom because of that.

Edited by Perezvon

Guest Roksen Creek

Thanks for the recommendation, but I do have an aversion to anime, although I did manage to watch the whole Cowboy bebop thing some years ago and liked it, but dunno how I would if I watched it again. That said from the little I've checked on anime/manga they seem to cover some awesome sci-fi settings and themes, that usually tickles me fancy. It just the style I can't handle.

Well, the whole series is on youtube if you ever want to give it a chance. It's a lot more subdued and staid than most other anime (which I agree most of which are ridiculously over the top). The animation is dated, but the writing and character development is still unmatched. It's hard to keep track of all the characters at first, but you get used to it.

I don't really think the Foundation trilogy is comparable to GoT. It's a very different sort of thing. Though who knows what Nolan will do with it. I shudder to think.

I want a crazy sci-fi epic spanning thousands of years involving AIs, posthumans and interstellar wars. No aliens. In fact I have no idea how drama could be made around a setting where people are immortal, can mind upload and whatever else a very advanced civilization can do. Maybe it's a bad idea. Then again Banks Culture novels spin a good yarn in a setting like that, mostly to do with how the Culture meddles with less advanced civilizations.

Edited by azatoth

Okay I've just checked "sitcom" in wikipedia lol, and I do love Scrubs to death. Malcom in the middle was cool too. and if we're counting the Simpsons as one then yes, plus Family Guy.

@azatoth : did you watch Battlestar Galactica ? I'd say it's at least a good start for what you're asking for. Maybe a bit too "earthian" though.

Edited by Perezvon

Guest Roksen Creek

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the best US "sitcom" at the moment imo.

Curb Your Enthusiasm was great too, but havent watched it in a while.

do its always sunny and curb class as sitcoms? a sitcom to me has always involved canned laughter and just a couple of rooms/sets.

Edited by messiaen

South Park - Cock Magic

aired last night. Thoroughly enjoyed.

The Oculus Rift episode from last week was good to.

Kinda tuned out of this show years ago. Glad I came back to it.

The Newsroom started again. Despite it's sometimes too sharp, too witty, too idiosyncratically spergtastic humor, I dig watching it; it has an interesting take on the whole ethics concept, and well.. sometimes I just like to zone out watching it.

South park too sometimes, but other than that I watch nothing

Edited by Guest

Guest bitroast

so this thread is only for srs shows?

here, this thread is for posting about tv series that you are watching at the moment - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/70725-what-tv-series-are-you-watching-at-moment

finished star trek TNG. watched the last ep last night.

season 7 had a handful of good episodes but overall kind of running out of steam..

that last episode though...

tumblr_lunocz3mMX1r24lq9o1_250.gif

Guest murphythecat8

Louie season 4 - watched the first two. wow the exaggeration of scenarios shiz is on full non-stop whack. which is funny in itself because that was something people moaned about before when it happened occasionally. the garbage men or whatever they're called thing was funny. oh man, bin ben are noisy.. lol. but yeah, it was alright.

I personally cannot stand the fourth season of Louie. its becoming pathetic, but the first three were genius imo.