IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Genuinely impressive how the general concesus a few weeks prior to Fargo series airing the general consensus was "ew why does this need to exist" and in a few months it was "wow this is one of the best shows on TV".

Genuinely impressive how the general concesus a few weeks prior to Fargo series airing the general consensus was "ew why does this need to exist" and in a few months it was "wow this is one of the best shows on TV".

I was pretty optimistic it would be a decent show. Wasn't completely sold on the pilot, thought it was uneven, but the show became a beast & thoroughly enjoyed. So many great moments throughout it's run. My goods are at half mast with excite.

Getting pretty excite for the next incarnation of Fargo. Nick Offerman may be signing on.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/-parks-and-recreation-star-nick-offerman-offered-r/365198

Any ideas when we can expect the new episodes?

That was a damn good series. Awesome film too. Gotta love dem Coen breddas.

Not sure on new episodes. I was hoping for spring/summer. But if they're just casting now, probably a while longer than that unfortunately.

Edited by olo

South Park (current season)

Am I the only one watching the latest season of South Park? I tuned out years ago & caught episodes here & there.

But man, this latest season is pretty damn fantastic & last nights episode was totally relatable to watmmers with kids on computers.

Finished Eastbound & Down last night and Sonic Highways tonight, so I'm feeling pretty depressed right now. I swear there's nothing worse than the feeling of finishing a good series.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna revisit Boardwalk Empire next. Watched the first season when it first came out and loved it. I just never got around to carrying on for some reason, but I'll make sure to fix that at some point over the next couple of weeks.

Boardwalk Empire is like this,imo :

Seasons 1+2: really good

Season 3: not as good, writers seem to be unsure, but still pretty entertaining when it finally gets going

Season 4: really good, might be my favorite season

Season 5: HBO told them to pull the plug, so a lot of characters are never done justice and the ending might insult you a wee bit

jumping on rectify as well, 2 eps in - pretty damn good so far. some similarities to troon detective, but it seems like it's gonna be wilder and less self serious. the end of ep2 got a big smile out of me, cool song too:

I just watched my first ever episode of The Voice. I hardly recognized Gwen Stefani. I know who Pharell is...but who are those other people? Why should I continue to watch? Should I just gouge my eyeballs out instead?

Also heard a lot fo good things about the latest season of South Park. Might try and catch up.

Boardwalk Empire is like this,imo :

Seasons 1+2: really good

Season 3: not as good, writers seem to be unsure, but still pretty entertaining when it finally gets going

Season 4: really good, might be my favorite season

Season 5: HBO told them to pull the plug, so a lot of characters are never done justice and the ending might insult you a wee bit

Final seasons are usually the weakest imo, so that doesn't really surprise me. Good to hear the rest of the series is worth the watch though. Looking forward to diving back in!

Also heard a lot fo good things about the latest season of South Park. Might try and catch up.

I thought South park was done years ago, but this latest season is really doing it for me. They weave themes through one episode to another. Not 2-parters. But, for instance, Randy is Lorde. It kinda pops up in different episodes. It really has been a strong season for this show imo.

Ok so that two-parter of South Park was some of their best work in 18 seasons.

Agreed. Tied whole season together. Brilliant satire.

Kurt cobain hologram

screen-shot-2014-12-10-at-11-23-12-pm.pn

also

10724590_610265689096719_694940404_a.jpg

Edited by olo

I can confirm that it is on Netflix as I have seen it recently on there.

I can also confirm it's available for free on other parts of the internet.

Thankyou

I've fallen really behind with Fargo, really must catch up.

Definitely catch up. last few episodes are the shiz. (couple leap of faith parts, but well good.)

To continue last post. Fargo season 2 won't start until next fall. ugh. They just cast Kirsten Dunst & Jessie Plemons (breaking bad).

Season 2 synopsis sounds great to me. We probably will need a separate thread for this show in the future.

Season 2 is essentially a prequel and is set in 1979 in Sioux Falls, S.D., and Luverne, Minn. The story will focus on a young Lou Solverson (not yet cast) who recently returned from the Vietnam War. Solverson was played by Keith Carradine in the first season, and he repeated teased to a harrowing case he experienced while working as a state police officer in Sioux Falls.
“He thought he left the war behind, but he came back and here it is, it’s domestic,” showrunner Noah Hawley told EW in July. “We will meet Molly’s mother, who was not a character in season 1 … and we’ll learn what happened to her. There were a lot of clues left in the first season and we’ll do our best to hit those.”
Other major open roles include Solverson’s wife, Betsy, their 4-year-old daughter, Molly, and fellow officer, Ben Schmidt.

i heard both good and bad things about penny dreadful - anyone seen that one? is it any good / worth watching?

just try it, it's not bad. The 1st episode is a bit lame with all the action stuff going on right away, but it's not representative for the series as a whole