IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

^Don't do it to yourself, bruv.

The good news is I finally know what it is to truly hatewatch. It's not Christ, but something compels me, and it's so fucking awful.

& there's never anything on @10pm on Wed I guess.

Edited by olo

Yeah, I'm stuck watching that, too. None of the previous seasons were "good," but this one is legitimately awful. My wife gets angry at the anachronistic musical numbers and says that she "doesn't think she'll watch the next season" but she keeps firing up the DVR every week.

Truly in a dreadful position here, because she's also catching up on the final season of Dexter.

Starting to fear TV induced Stockholm Syndrome as I find myself filled with empathy for the writers and editors in their terrible struggle to overcome the adversity of their own ineptitude.

Edited by baph

Yeah, I'm stuck watching that, too. None of the previous seasons were "good," but this one is legitimately awful. My wife gets angry at the anachronistic musical numbers and says that she "doesn't think she'll watch the next season" but she keeps firing up the DVR every week.

Truly in a dreadful position here, because she's also catching up on the final season of Dexter.

Starting to fear TV induced Stockholm Syndrome as I find myself filled with empathy for the writers and editors in their terrible struggle to overcome the adversity of their own ineptitude.

The sad thing is I can't even blame it on my wife. It's my own personal choice...god the musical numbers...

:cry:

Edited by olo

Watched the SyFy miniseries Ascension. It had plenty of decent ideas that could be worth exploring but was muddled. I guess it's impossible to get good scifi entertainment.

i was planning on catching this on dvr today. thanks for the warning (even though i caught a clip of it last night. looked like extant meets 90210 remake meets battlestar galactica remake) :sad:

Edited by Nebraska

The good news is I finally know what it is to truly hatewatch. It's not Christ, but something compels me, and it's so fucking awful.

hate watching can be fun, I did it with Dexter and have been doing it with the Walking Dead ever since season 2 ended. I tried doing it with the Flash CW show too, but that just turned more into sad watch

Edited by John Ehrlichman

hate watching can be fun, I did it with Dexter and have been doing it with the Walking Dead ever since season 2 ended. I tried doing it with the Flash CW show too, but that just turned more into sad watch

Kinda new to this whole thing. I do like the term hatewatch. I haven't really experienced it per se until this season of AHS, where you hate pretty much any/every character on the show. I don't think I make a conscious effort to, it's a very organic process. Haven't reached that with any other shows yet, (even WD), except, perhaps the horrendous shows my kids watch. Full House anyone...

Watched the SyFy miniseries Ascension. It had plenty of decent ideas that could be worth exploring but was muddled. I guess it's impossible to get good scifi entertainment.

i was planning on catching this on dvr today. thanks for the warning (even though i caught a clip of it last night. looked like extant meets 90210 remake meets battlestar galactica remake) :sad:

It basically got interesting in the last 30 mins or so of the series. And then it ended. Doubt it will be picked up and if they did I don't really know how they would continue it so that it made sense.

Edited by azatoth

Is adventure time still all that?

It's only gotten better, imo.

These days it's far less "lol so random" and more "here's some surprisingly deep/subversive philosophical ideas in psychedelic cartoon format".

• 2 weeks later...

just finished rectify two seasons.

a true masterpiece.

Agreed

agreed

also,true detective second time round, wow,this was well better the second time,amazing.can,t wait for the next one supposedly about the american undergound system and ties to the occult,sounds ace

and a bit of northern exposure s1,for festive/nostalgic warm fuzziness

I was gonna watch Mozart in the Jungle but was waiting for one of you hipsters to test the water first. All i'm looking for is a neckbeard/10 rating for the first episode and then i'll be with you for the second :-I

just finished rectify two seasons.

a true masterpiece.

Agreed

agreed

also,true detective second time round, wow,this was well better the second time,amazing.can,t wait for the next one supposedly about the american undergound system and ties to the occult,sounds ace

and a bit of northern exposure s1,for festive/nostalgic warm fuzziness

Just finished S1 of Rectify, incredible TV.

Guest bitroast

started watching Review With Myles Barlow - how had I not heard of this show?! excellent satirical black comedy reviewing life experiences

fucking hilarious tv series.

I saw an American remake came out recently (American remake of everything ffs...) so i'm glad to see the original pick up some new viewers again :):)

started watching Review With Myles Barlow - how had I not heard of this show?! excellent satirical black comedy reviewing life experiences

fucking hilarious tv series.

I saw an American remake came out recently (American remake of everything ffs...) so i'm glad to see the original pick up some new viewers again :):)

Yeh I saw this too. I'm an Andy Daly fan but what gets me about the aussie one are those ridiculous metaphors he comes up with. So good

just finished watching the knick (great), the comeback s1 and 2 (ok) and the leftovers (completely forgettable).

tried getting into marco polo. lasted 2 and a half episodes before realizing how bored i was and how little i cared about any of the characters. wtf netflix? this is supposed to be the most expensive tv series ever? felt like i was watching xena the warrior princess at times.

Just finished Fresh Meat

Great little comedy/drama series, very enjoyable. The character of J.P was especially enjoyable. Haven't seen him in anything else though. Good job his character was not named Kingsley as it sounds delightful when J.P utters this name with his posh accent.

Has the nice Armstrong/Bain touch of humour from Peep Show, nice long episodes gives a more complete and satisfying feel.

It basically got interesting in the last 30 mins or so of the series. And then it ended. Doubt it will be picked up and if they did I don't really know how they would continue it so that it made sense.

is ascension still on? because this seems like it's replacement lol

looks like they were "piloting" it as a mini series in hopes it would become a tv series but that failed

http://youtu.be/MKIpyEuIcHw

Edited by Nebraska