IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

The Affair is hard work,,,,,first 2 episodes set it up very nicely, then there 2 episodes of utter wank, before it pulls the nose up and glides home

liked the 2-angle/perspective from each character, so what you see through his eyes as a confident, seductive amazonian, slowly reveals herself to be a damged vulnerable human being

there are no whizz-bangs

similarly - Olive Ketteridge, which is a much better/immersive piece of work. Frances whatsherface is superb and gives the drama real bite.

the fall - reaaaally good, anderson is great (and hotter than 20 years ago on x files), lots of interesting twists that don't ruin the plausibility and just in general it feels quite realistic. it tries a bit too hard on current feminist speak cliches but it's still more refreshing than annoying. the 2nd season is even juicier. watch it.

Gotham has relocated 2nd half of season to Arkham Asylum, a smart move. They also introduced Leslie Thompkins & The Electrocutioner last nite.

i stopped watching it; began to feel just like every other crime drama to me

the fall - reaaaally good, anderson is great (and hotter than 20 years ago on x files), lots of interesting twists that don't ruin the plausibility and just in general it feels quite realistic. it tries a bit too hard on current feminist speak cliches but it's still more refreshing than annoying. the 2nd season is even juicier. watch it.

ok, finished with season 2 and it's probably the best detective thriller i've seen. it's like the polar opposite of hannibal with its nonsencial characters and motivations but a hell of a visual spectacle. here we get the depth and details to the fullest that also make sense in the real world. the last 2 episodes have been completely entrancing.

scully in the fall is ridiculously hot

never understood what all the fuss was about in the 90s

then again back then lois lane and scully were officially the "sexiest women in the world" apparently

and rachel from s club :shrug:

she wasn't even the sexiest one in s club

Finally caught up with Hannibal, fantastic finale. Has anyone read Red Dragon, and will doing so spoil any surprises in the future seasons of the show?

Finally caught up with Hannibal, fantastic finale. Has anyone read Red Dragon, and will doing so spoil any surprises in the future seasons of the show?

Some of Red Dragon will be tackled in season 3. The trailer looks pretty.

[youtubehd]9kN7fhWnhdM[/youtubehd]

wish me luck guys I'll finally watch Neon Genesis Evangelion + the movies and shit... I've been told to see it for quite a long time so it must be done.

good luck. it's very good

start with the tv show

don't bother watching death and rebirth though

Cool, think I'll steer clear of the book until the series has finished then, thanks!

The Young Ones .....kind of a nostalgia trip & to re-watch the greatness of Rik Mayall. Its so dense with characters and anarchic absurdity, Alexei Sayle is is a maniac gem with Balofsky, SPG/Special Patrol Group rodent thing,,,,,brill

Transparent - funny as fuck in places, poignant, had a hard time with the self-absorbed offspring doe, bah humbug

Cool, think I'll steer clear of the book until the series has finished then, thanks!

read them, they tenuously linked, at best, to the TV show. you're more likely to spoil the book by watching the tv than vice versa.

seen first season of The Affair, it's good, not amazing tho, at least it's original

more old but i've discovered too late It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and haven't laughed that much in years

def a must see, i'm at season 3, gosh they have no limits

read them, they tenuously linked, at best, to the TV show. you're more likely to spoil the book by watching the tv than vice versa.

Ah right, do they differ greatly then, just the same characters? It's not like reading Game of Thrones to find out what happens in future seasons?

Ah right, do they differ greatly then, just the same characters? It's not like reading Game of Thrones to find out what happens in future seasons?
Red Dragon was the first book in the series and the series hasn't tackled it yet, so the answer to that would have to be speculative; but there have definitely been changes to the backstory in seasons 1 and 2 from what would be consistent with the books. It's probably safe to say the show will diverge plenty, and hopefully more so as it goes on.

Would probably be more fun to just watch Manhunter and compare to the show, tbqh, for maximum disconnect.

Though I'm half expecting some trailers to be cut to In A Gadda Da Vida.

Edited by baph

Red Dragon was the first book in the series and the series hasn't tackled it yet, so the answer to that would have to be speculative; but there have definitely been changes to the backstory in seasons 1 and 2 from what would be consistent with the books. It's probably safe to say the show will diverge plenty, and hopefully more so as it goes on.

Would probably be more fun to just watch Manhunter and compare to the show, tbqh, for maximum disconnect.

Though I'm half expecting some trailers to be cut to In A Gadda Da Vida.

Ah got ya, thanks, I'll give it a go then.

Finally getting into Game of Thrones... Just finished the first season, about to start Season 2 next week. Shit's intense.

me too,just starting season 2,i usually hate all this m,lord/m,lady type stuff,but i was hooked in by the production values,and of course the sex and violence,and the northern english accents/humour,glad i gave it a go

I've read all the books and watched all the video versions and I'd make a sweeping statement and say the current TV series is the most disassociated from the canon and that's possibly what makes me love it even more. I dreaded to watch it at first.