but their own artist roster for the most part is not diverse, the artists that are diverse are Martyn and Mr Oizo who are not originally from the label, Strangeloops first EP sounds as far away from wonky as one could imagine. I like brainfeeder enough i just think it's undeniable that the label has a distinct curated similar sound across the board. But i will be the first to admit it's easier to brush someone off as a hater than to listen to what they have to say.

Production/looping releases = very good for what they are..edits, proper and strong

Dj mixes = def some of the best and most refreshing mixes period

• Gaslamp Killers
  • I Spit On Your Grave
  • Hell! and The Lake of Fire Are Waiting For You!
  • GLK vs. Finders Keepers

Live sets = hit or miss, relies on cue points heavily and quite often trainwrecks the mix, older sets are of his are straight BOSS though...

brings alot of music that many in the crowd will here for their first time... (not many djs do this) ....

extremely enthusiastic and passionate about what he does and tours probably more than and other dj

He's made it and made it big, props to him!

but their own artist roster for the most part is not diverse, the artists that are diverse are Martyn and Mr Oizo who are not originally from the label, Strangeloops first EP sounds as far away from wonky as one could imagine. I like brainfeeder enough i just think it's undeniable that the label has a distinct curated similar sound across the board. But i will be the first to admit it's easier to brush someone off as a hater than to listen to what they have to say.

Yeah they got a distinct sound and its called LA beat and its fuckin lush but thats not all they do man, I mean if you do the percentage not even 30% of their artists do it. Flylo doesnt count because the only album that sounded like that is Los Angeles, wich started it all. And at the time it was the best shit released since j'dilla's "Donuts"

Production/looping releases = very good for what they are..edits, proper and strong

Dj mixes = def some of the best and most refreshing mixes period

• Gaslamp Killers
  • I Spit On Your Grave
  • Hell! and The Lake of Fire Are Waiting For You!
  • GLK vs. Finders Keepers

Live sets = hit or miss, relies on cue points heavily and quite often trainwrecks the mix, older sets are of his are straight BOSS though...

brings alot of music that many in the crowd will here for their first time... (not many djs do this) ....

extremely enthusiastic and passionate about what he does and tours probably more than and other dj

He's made it and made it big, props to him!

Yeah man, i feel you, brainfeeder peeps are some of the coolest and nicest guys around how can someone hate on them

Guest reyde_espana

Could everyone share the songs Gaslamp has turned you on to???

ive heard some killer GK djsets on youtube but i can never find the songs...

so please!!! POST!

He's the worst dj I've ever seen. I've heard some mixes he has made and they were pretty good though. But when I saw him live he was basicly playing beatles, hudson mo and james blake and not trying to mix at all. Just skiping the tracks in the middle of them, sometimes hitting his mpd or something to play some 808 kicks.

Yeah man, i feel you, brainfeeder peeps are some of the coolest and nicest guys around how can someone hate on them

unfortunately, i feel like this is often the case when people are trying to judge their muzik, where they get a pass because of who they are rather than the quality of their work. i personally have nothing against any of the individuals on brainfeeder myself, i just don't think their work is as strong as their personalities might imply.

he's alright—a lot of his shit is very sampling-the-whole-finders-keepers-catalog kind of production for me. it's almost like break-heavy trip-hop for 2011. hit or miss.
agreed. he makes a great dj (low end theory parties in la are great), but his production method basically consists of looping the minute and a half of music with no dialogue from turkish, hungarian and polish prog-rock; adding some noise filters and calling it a day. i don't dislike him, but i wouldn't call him a music producer. also, out of the entire brainfeeder roaster, he's probably the only interesting person.

I want to hear some of this.

Hell And The Lake Of Fire Are Waiting For You is his best mix IMO, for that hungarion and turkish stuff its mostly from Finders Keepers, and his EP with free the robots. Theres a video of it on the first page...

unfortunately, i feel like this is often the case when people are trying to judge their muzik, where they get a pass because of who they are rather than the quality of their work. i personally have nothing against any of the individuals on brainfeeder myself, i just don't think their work is as strong as their personalities might imply.

I do.

• 3 months later...

^Fuckin LOL

GLK: I’m thinking about 70% done which is great for me. I have been playing new songs from the record for people. At my shows, I’ve been playing some of the stuff and it’s coming together pretty well. I got Daedelus, Dimlite, Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Mofongo, Gonjasufi and a lot of other guests. It’s shaping up nicely. Little by little, I’ve been working on this for many years. My EP’s, I kind of just threw out there because they were burning a whole through in brain and I felt like they needed to be released to the world. But this has been something I have taken my time on and I’m still working on it and I’m still really devoted to the idea of having the first album be exactly how I have envisioned it for this many years instead of trying to rush against time.

/Very excited

Guest extherium

His releases are shit, but holy fuck does he put on an incredible live show. He supported Flying Lotus on the Australian tour and he alone was worth the ticket price.

Nice one! I remember I actually downloaded that Sweetwater album when I first heard that song. Can't find it now, but might get it again.

I love most of his stuff, both the productions and mixes, and even though I'm not really into the music he usually plays when he dj's I've had a hell of a time the two times I've seen him live! Absolutely insane.

A full album sounds great, and I hope he manages the album format.

Waiting for a LP from this guy. His EPs are OK but I haven't really been exposed to his skill in making music. I'm guessing his compilation LPs don't count.

Yeah, I really like the My Troubled Mind EP, Death Gate, All Killer mix, etc.

But I've always thought of him as more of a DJ. I was hoping for a full album though, coolness.

• 4 months later...

jesus fucking chist how uninspired and uninteresting is this guy its like pffffffffft sounds like a fucking fart being filtered and a break put on it jeeeeeeeez overrated am i right?!?!?! id save this one for the hipsters and the people who dont know anything about REAL music! i wouldnt even put GLK and music in the same sentence, i wouldnt even put fucking any music ever and music in the same sentence

• 1 year later...

Archived