IGNORED

What is exactly Max/MSP?

logakght

that was really quite unpleasant

Ludd, just for you ill make sure to compose all my future music in the style of watered down attempted derivative aphex twin braindance. i'll add in some forced ironic ceephaxy lofi mspaint chopped up cover too just for good measure

Please man, your music is the shittest stuff around.

post a track tough guy

i thought awpittence's track was cool

esp being made in max

as i recall ludd is like some revered idm god on this board who is a snide dude who thinks he is all that and is quite full of his own shit

pfffft

Guest ansgaria

I know that you can create like programs, codes and that, but is it for the professionals only, or can bedroom dudes like me learn it?

Start here (ignore the terrible opening animation - he drops it swiftly !). Maybe make it a New Years' resolution to start learning it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0egxNoYqo

(the rest can be found here - http://www.youtube.c...utorials/videos )

It's simple concepts, that build and build to more involved ideas. It's a brick wall learning curve but once you start things will soon drop into place

Note: If you do like me and try to follow along with these tutorials running the Max 6 (trial or not), you're going to run into a few issues as the patcher help has apparently changed since whatever version the guy is doing it it, and once in a while he'll open up the patcher help, copy a few objects and paste them back into without explaining exactly how these are made up, so if you can't figure it out yourself, you're not going to get the same results as him. For example in tutorial 5 (part 2 I think, with the zooming of video based on audio amplitude).

max/msp is a beautiful flower blossoming on a hot spring day.

max/msp is a baby laughing and grabbing its mother's nose with its tiny baby hand.

max/msp is youth and vitality.

max/msp is for the children.

Archived