IGNORED

New York City

YEK

I love SF - Jefferson Airplane, LSD and gays.

How hard is it to find jobs there? how is rent? etc .etc

Jobs are hard to find and the rent is almost as expensive as NYC.

I didn't find a solid job until a year and a half after I moved here. San Francisco is amazing though. Like New York, it has such an incredible energy about it.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we get back to talking in generalizations?

yea kokeboka, are you saying in general, you think portugal is better than nyc? or that nyc should be more like portugal? what is your point here?

I grew up in Philly and hated visiting NYC - too crazy, so many people, noise, etc. My breakthrough moment was going up to see Venetian Snares sometime in 04 I think. The show was supposed to last until 6am so I planned on taking the train back when it started running again. I danced my ass off & ended up meeting some awesome dudes who let me crash at their place. We got off the train in the Bronx at 5am, starving, and just outside the subway stop is a 24hr Dominican place with delicious food, packed, slammed, with people still sweating from the salsa clubs. I fell in love. I've lived there for 5 years now (Brooklyn) and it's rocky at times but I can't imagine moving.

I still feel bad about your food experience in NYC Kanakori. I think it has more to do with your mental perception of NYC/America, but if you ever deign to come back, I will give you a list of fantastic meals under $20. And you're right, most food in NYC is fusion of some kind. Like in every city everywhere.

I've learned from this thread that "delicious food" is a very relative thing when I'm talking to Anglosaxons.

lol you probably don't even have a tongue, stop trolling

How much would it cost to visit NYC by vehicle have a nice meal, get around the city a bit by cab or subway and maybe visit a museum? 300 dollars?

Nice meal at Superior/Williamsburg: $15

you can also eat banh mi at saigon vietnamese sandwich deli for like $4

I'm honest man. English and americans are capable of eating fish with french fries and ketchup, know what i mean?

Fish and chips is UK only, not American. We have Mexicans that put the fish in tacos for us.

edit: all jokes aside, no—your idea of American food is based on very insular misconceptions of U.S.A.

Guest kokeboka

Can we get back to talking in generalizations?

yea kokeboka, are you saying in general, you think portugal is better than nyc? or that nyc should be more like portugal? what is your point here?

Nope, and nope. My point is that kanakori should tone down the ignorant stereotype talk. Also, that NYC and SF are nice.

I'm honest man. English and americans are capable of eating fish with french fries and ketchup, know what i mean?

5aBDY.jpg

I just took this outside to prove you wrong, m8

Man thats a single example. Stereotype exist for a reason, and I confirmed them when I went there, for my part. It's true for ME because I tasted and saw it MYSELF it doesnt need to be true to YOU because it probably isnt, you genuinely enjoy that stuff.

btw Is that steve harvey

Guest kokeboka

Stereotype exist for a reason

Right. I'm not gonna keep coming back to this for much longer, but just out of curiosity: how many americans and british have you actually met and hung out with, in person?

Right. I'm not gonna keep coming back to this for much longer, but just out of curiosity: how many americans and british have you actually met and hung out with, in person?

A reasonable amount of people, plus, I have access to your cultural diarreha everytime i turn on the tv.

Guest kokeboka

A reasonable amount of people, plus, I have access to your cultural diarreha everytime i turn on the tv.

My cultural diarreha?...

Man thats a single example. Stereotype exist for a reason, and I confirmed them when I went there, for my part. It's true for ME because I tasted and saw it MYSELF it doesnt need to be true to YOU because it probably isnt, you genuinely enjoy that stuff.

That's a single example of a food cart, which is on *every* corner. It just sounds like you went to New York for the sole purpose of attempting to confirm long-standing stereotypes you believed.

btw Is that steve harvey

lol

Archived