IGNORED

Envane

Guest RandySicko

Guest RandySicko

Knowing full well that music in general is subjective when it comes to personal likes and dislikes, I just want to share my love for what I feel is Autechre's most emotional work to date. Envane, moreso than any other album, takes me back in time. In this case- I was going through a period of learning some bigtime life lessons and happened to be giving it some really heavy listening, which might be why it pulls on my emotional strings so hard. By no means am I implying that one needs to experience anything in particular to enjoy Envane, but no other album retains this much feeling and nostalgia for me. Not to mention that this EP is rock solid and I never get sick of listening to it.

I admire Latent and Laughing Quarter, but Goz Quarter is the song I come back to again and again ...with that simple sounding yet intricately woven beat repeating for a few minitues, building anticipation for the amazing bass melody and hauntingly beautiful synth. Drifting away into deep thought is easy because Goz is utterly hypnotic - and my favorite Autechre track. Draun Quarter is the other heavy hitter to me because even a song such as Pir is second to Draun in its heartwarming abilities. Pretty amazing for an EP that on first listen, sounded about as cold and calculated as its big brother.

I also wonder if the guys have actually ever been to Fallingwater.

GLK_4218-Edit.jpg

Soooo IDM

:beer:

Easily my favorite Ae release as well, those four tracks going through so much emotions could work as an album, with this underlaying concept giving it an immense cohesion...I needed more time to appreciate and love Latent and Laughing quarter but now this EP is 100% pure sexiness.

Plus Draun Quarter almost brings me to tear everytime I listen to it, its ending is so beautifully crafted...Yeah. 11/10.

it too reminds me of a certain time when things were tough for me so it's extra emotional to me. great tracks and probably one of my favorite releases by autechre.

Guest ruiagnelo

i like both the promo's and the cd reissue's warmer tones. the original cover has cold tones which i can't associate with the fallingwater

my favorite is laughing quarter, shit is crazy unbelievable good.

when i was 16 i spent an entire winter break doing basically nothing but listening to envane and playing morrowind. so now whenever i hear goz quarter i kind of feel like i'm in vivec.

I really dig Latent Quarter. It builds up the beat, then disassembles it and then re-assembles the bits to a new beat. It's so crunchy and funky that it's almost impossible to stay still while it's playing.

'Alternate version' of the standard 12", released in in identical sleeve. 'Laughing Quarter' is the same as the standard 12" and CD versions until about 6:14, where it changes into a more choppy version of the final beats. 'Draun Quarter' is the same as is found elsewhere.

Oooh, anyone here heard this 'choppy' version - what's it like ?

Guest RandySicko
'Alternate version' of the standard 12", released in in identical sleeve. 'Laughing Quarter' is the same as the standard 12" and CD versions until about 6:14, where it changes into a more choppy version of the final beats. 'Draun Quarter' is the same as is found elsewhere.

Oooh, anyone here heard this 'choppy' version - what's it like ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBPeN9DrsvM&context=C33ee650ADOEgsToPDskK41R4-ulpJj01H92qUyiIU

Just listened to them on 33rpm too ... can't believe I havent tried that yet!

best ae ep

goz is such a beast, those synths that come in... mmm ae at their best. i used to not like the long length of the songs but now i know i was dead wrong.

latent quarter is probably my fav, the way the song changes and the way they eff with the beat, giving you that one little bit to cling on to for the beat and brings it all together around 4:30-5min. then those clarinet synths are just so.... im cumming in my pants by now.

more later

Not only my favorite Autechre EP, but most likely my favorite EP of all time, and Laughing Quarter is a contender for my favorite song of all time. Most enjoyable 40 minutes of music I can think of consistently coming back to. It's my birthday so I think I'll blaze and listen to this later tonight for a great nightcap to a great day!

Guest Xenblake

Draun Quarter for me

Its progression always makes me think of one of those memorable summer days, full of physical activity and sun, followed by a cool relaxing sundown.

As much as I see Envane mentioned here, I hardly ever see anyone bring up the notion that all four "quarters" are actually remixes of Nuane, or, as it is printed on my LP jacket: N.Vane.

• Like 1