IGNORED

Wallet

Guest rumbo

Today I knocked over my mug of coffee and it went all over my desk. My wallet soaked up some of it and now it has milk stink.

I'm going to wash it but I am in need of a new wallet anyway. What is the best wallet you've ever had?

A wallet is a pretty important piece of kit. I'm probably going to go minimal and get a very slim wallet.

I'm in the process of cutting out a lot of useless clutter in my life. Am looking at something like this:

6171557381_60b84a60bf_b.jpg

http://www.koyono.co...-p/m17546se.htm

Is your wallet a filing cabinet, a bullclip, or something in between?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got rid of my wallet all together last year and now only carry credit cards, license and insurance card inside my folded bills with a clip in my front pocket. much simpler and way better for my back. at one point I had a costanza wallet going and then called it quits on that. it's much nicer this way for me.

Yeah I don't carry much cash and tend to use my debit card a lot. Was thinking of getting a clip but am not entirely convinced yet.

I'm a front pocket wallet guy. I always found that carrying a wallet in my back pocket made me look like I have an arse tumour.

My bank has linked my debit card to my credit card, so I can use my credit card as if it was my debit card account.

This basically means I only need to carry one bank card now, which is excellent.

Debit/Credit Card

License

Coffee loyalty card

Medicare Card

Cash (few bills)

That's what I'm hoping to reduce my wallet to holding.

I've seen Magic Wallets before, and its a neat trick, but I just don't like the flimsiness of such a design.

today is the first day of the rest of your life. you will reflect upon this event years in the future and realize that, instead of uncluttering your wallet, you were discovering your destiny.

yeah, it's true, you're in a movie now rumbo. it's directed by Sam Mendes. make the most of it.

Yeah I don't carry much cash and tend to use my debit card a lot. Was thinking of getting a clip but am not entirely convinced yet.

I'm a front pocket wallet guy. I always found that carrying a wallet in my back pocket made me look like I have an arse tumour.

My bank has linked my debit card to my credit card, so I can use my credit card as if it was my debit card account.

This basically means I only need to carry one bank card now, which is excellent.

Debit/Credit Card

License

Coffee loyalty card

Medicare Card

Cash (few bills)

I've seen Magic Wallets before, and its a neat trick, but I just don't like the flimsiness of such a design.

I was thinking of something else

Guest MortstoX

My wife bought me a small wallet from Camel Active. It's nice looking, and if I just keep three or cour cards in it plus some bills, I can have it in my front pocket. My only problem is that when I'm drunk, I always buy beer and drinks with my bills. I put all the change in my tiny wallet, and when I put it in the front pocket, it looks like I have a raging hard on, and random women come over just to pepper spray me.

i have a tri-fold wallet made from "600-denier nylon", which is basically indestructable.

bought it at mec in vancouver like 5 years ago, it's good as new.

http://www.mec.ca/AS...fold-wallet.jsp

not sure if they make mine anymore, the one on the site is close, but the border is too thin.

mine has this pattern (minus the "rc sport" logo):

eersk.jpg

kinda looks like crap in that pic, but it's served me well. shape-wise the 3-fold is more compact and pocket friendly than a bigger 2-fold.

BKWH.jpg

I kept toying with the idea of a MightyWallet or those magicwallet things, but I wanted a coin-pouch and finding a reasonably priced one (with a good design) was difficult.

I've had leather wallets for about 10 years, but this one's good.

Edit: The fabric-y cord look to it is holding up surprisingly well so far.

I havn't had one of those surf/skate velcro wallets since I was a kid. They are quite utilitarian and for that reason are quite good. Though now I cringe at the thought of pulling one out when paying for dinner, followed by *RRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPP*. I'm getting old.

Mighty Wallet seems like a nice solution to the minimal wallet concept, but they just seem tacky...

I want my wallet to age a little and last many years. Worn leather looks fine, but I just see those Mighty Wallets looking grimy after a while.

I never keep my coins in a wallet. Instant bulk and weigh-down. It essentially becomes a purse.

Always coins in the coin pocket of my jeans. And any opportunity to get rid of them is taken.

I found a simple 2 slot business card wallet in a draw here. Must have been a freeby because it has a bank logo embossed into the leather on the inside.

Am gonna try using that this week. It's about as minimal as you can get without going for Jules' clip solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdSDot4J21o

I had a wallet once that could do that and it sucked ass. It doesn't work half the time and the cord ends up snapping.

I havn't had one of those surf/skate velcro wallets since I was a kid. They are quite utilitarian and for that reason are quite good. Though now I cringe at the thought of pulling one out when paying for dinner, followed by *RRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPP*. I'm getting old.

It has metallic poppers, not velcro.

I never keep my coins in a wallet. Instant bulk and weigh-down. It essentially becomes a purse.

Always coins in the coin pocket of my jeans. And any opportunity to get rid of them is taken.

I really should've stopped putting coins in my wallet too. It warps the wallet out of shape quickly too. But I don't like the feeling (and sound) of loose change in my pockets. I empty my change regularly and only keep worthwhile coins (20p and higher).

Anyone have a plastic window on their wallet? My last leather one had a window which was pretty handy for my work ID, but it was ultimately the first part of that wallet to fall apart and was pointless for the last 4 months of use.

Anyone have a plastic window on their wallet? My last leather one had a window which was pretty handy for my work ID, but it was ultimately the first part of that wallet to fall apart and was pointless for the last 4 months of use.

The Slimmy range from the link in my OP has a model that has a permanently exposed clear window for ID. I'm liking this range the more look into them.

M87SE-2T.jpg?1324310666

Guest MortstoX

.. and when I put it in the front pocket, it looks like I have a raging hard on, and random women come over just to pepper spray me.

when I was 18 I worked with a mature hottie who got quite interested in that bulge, to disappointingly find out the wallet content lol.

Wallet with lot's of coins. Man version of wonder bra.

i had a window in my wallet and it failed within about 6 months. i never used it but it annoyed me that now i cannot. the rest of my wallet is impeccable.

Archived