IGNORED

Wallet

Guest rumbo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a brown wallet which barely closes. I have too many useful cards so they all come with me. I can't get more than 3/4 receipts otherwise it won't fit in my pocket.

george-costanza-wallet.jpgwallet.png

• 2 weeks later...

The more minimal the wallet, the more I think to myself, "Maybe I could just make that myself".

And, truth be told, the more minimal the more expensive.

With that said, the above wallet looks interesting, but what's with the ties?

• 2 years later...

my wallet was stolen last week - perhaps for the best and a sign from above as it was very much a Costanza wallet

been looking into getting some sort of slim hard-case plastic sort of wallet...looking at these Jimi wallets:

But i too am a coin man! it probably took up 70% of the space of my last wallet, but darn'it - it was functional....can't stand these wallets that have no zip!

Also downsize of these minimal slim wallets...wheres a guy meant to store his condoms? :cerious:

my wallet was stolen last week - perhaps for the best and a sign from above as it was very much a Costanza wallet

been looking into getting some sort of slim hard-case plastic sort of wallet...looking at these Jimi wallets:

But i too am a coin man! it probably took up 70% of the space of my last wallet, but darn'it - it was functional....can't stand these wallets that have no zip!

Also downsize of these minimal slim wallets...wheres a guy meant to store his condoms? :cerious:

I'd expect a jimmy wallet to have a special secret compartment for storing condoms.

I just replaced my wallet. I was looking online and choosing and researching, but all wallets I liked were too expensive and/or didn't have coin compartment. Then I saw a (faux) leather Adidas wallet in a store, for like 15eur. It's black, it's slim, it's just big enough. And it has a coins compartment. This is my wallet now: http://m.adidas.co.uk/pu-wallet/G84880_500.html

I'm pretty anti-fashion to the point it's impeding logic so I'm still using the same ugly Kipling wallet I've been using since I'm 12. Haven't lost the damn thing in 14 years which is pretty impressive considering all the phones I lost. It keeps my shit and I don't lose it so I have no reason to switch really.

I use this thing, which is the best compromise I could find between usability and thinness.

http://www.perryellis.com/wallets/soho-flip-wallet/892137A.html?dwvar_892137A_color=BLK&start=28&cgid=pedmwalletsandgiftables

I think I paid about $15 for it at Macy's. It's slim enough to go in the front pocket of my dress pants or a suit or jeans or whatever without being very noticeable. Front window holds my license, health insurance card, and a car insurance card. debit card is hidden away in the middle pocket. my two credit cards go in the rear slots, and the elastic band holds any cash, which I usually try to keep to a minimum.

The only problems I have with it: the leather is a little cheap/hard feeling (but it was $15), and it's so thin that the corners are a bit hard/sharp even after two years of use. The elastic band isn't the most secure thing in the world, but it works fine if you're keeping the wallet in your pants and not throwing it into some overstuffed luggage pocket with tons of little items floating around in it.

recommended

Edit: crappy pic for size reference a6eru9a5.jpg

I need somewhere with a zip to store change. My wallet is resonably bulky as a result but whatever, i don't wear skinny jeans. When i first got it i went up to north queensland and pulled up at the bar of the denison hotel ordered a schooner of xxxx and when i pulled out the wallet to pay the barmaid on spying a light green leather wallet with an inlaid leaf pattern or whatever it is (i can't remember what it is, who looks at their stuff, it just is you know, it's the wallet, not an object of daily veneration). Anyway, on seeing my lovely wallet that i specially chose because i thought that it looked so nice she said, "That's a giiirrls wallet".

fucking hell.

This wasn't to be the last time that some genius serving girl pointed this out to me. Hasn't been happening lately though, as i've had the wallet for so long that the colour has faded to a nice shade of smudgy grey/black There's a smidgen of the original colour still there, but it's camouflaged enough that it can now pass for a 'guy wallet'.

-sie-

Since most people carry a cellphone, and most people have cases for their cellphones, do what I do (if you don't carry a lot of cards with you):

Put your ID/debit card inside the back of the case (assuming your case has a back) - as long as you don't carry much, you can worry about not having a wallet at all - it's also a good place to stash emergency cash. The only inconvenience is if your cellphone case is difficult to take on and off.

They also sell cases with money clips/slots on the back for this purpose.

I dont keep much money in the bank. I have a safe with my savings and money/valuables in it bolted to the ground. Works well.

but this is my wallet

fossil-brown-fossil-gage-tri-fold-travel

fossil makes cool stuff

Use a sturdy leather one with coin holder for day to day. When I go out out I use the trusty Planet Mu one:

travel.jpg?size=E280x280

Very basic but thin if I only want one or two cards and notes. When you don't want pocket bulges it's pretty handy.

Guest halluciphile

I have too many wallets for sure. but here is a pic of four of them, together.

10257353_831193306765_333970583158222397

funny how a "wallet chain" means something completely different in crypto coin land

Archived