IGNORED

Lone - Galaxy Garden

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest sirch

best album of the year (so far). one of the best electronic/dance artists at the moment as well, imho.

really really good stuff.

definitely!

fresh and perfectly crafted sound!

with an early 90's sorta vibe/twist. but sounding modern and fresh at the same time. 1992 in 2012! :)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

best album of the year (so far). one of the best electronic/dance artists at the moment as well, imho.

definitely!

fresh and perfectly crafted sound!

with an early 90's sorta vibe/twist. but sounding modern and fresh at the same time. 1992 in 2012! :)

wish i had lived the 90's as you guys did.

but Galaxy Garden is pretty much all i want from music: melody as the nuclear element in all the compositions, almost taken in a classical sense; old school vibe; music that is both for the body and for the brain; trippy

Guest ruiagnelo

this record is so trippy, it's like falling into the white rabbit's hole but instead of making it to wonderland, you get into another forest, an upside down one, with the sky just bellow your naked feet, full of planets that seem more like giant lollipops and where everything is made of mirrors, of warm glass, that reflect all the colours that exist. you can hear water flowing in every single track, but it's not a river. it's flowing throughout and inside the branches, tangling all the threes to an infinite vegetable Venice where tiny creatures sail the waters in leaves, while singing and playing their xylophones made of candy. compared to the sound they create, every single colour i have seen in my life is either black or white. it is a record that goes right to the heart

Guest cult fiction

After it destroyed my balls, I listened to the album again and it actually restored my balls to their original state.

Guest AcrossCanyons

HMV online, £10.99! Thanks to the tipoff earlier in the thread.

no worries! and thats an amazing extra! mine still hasn't arrived however...

Guest AcrossCanyons

HMV online, £10.99! Thanks to the tipoff earlier in the thread.

no worries! and thats an amazing extra! mine still hasn't arrived however...

aaand as soon as i type that it comes through the door (with a nice crease on the corner, but nevermind). looking forward to giving it a spin.

agree. bet one of best 2012 release.sweet 90's mood & nowdays beat magic :music:

I've lost a bit of interest in Lone of late but thank fuck, this is ace. Easily his best release since Lemurian. Agree as well that the tracks with Machinedrum are standouts. The only downside is it was recorded in Manchester, has he abandoned Nottingham now then?

Guest rubberman

this record is so trippy, it's like falling into the white rabbit's hole but instead of making it to wonderland, you get into another forest, an upside down one, with the sky just bellow your naked feet, full of planets that seem more like giant lollipops and where everything is made of mirrors, of warm glass, that reflect all the colours that exist. you can hear water flowing in every single track, but it's not a river. it's flowing throughout and inside the branches, tangling all the threes to an infinite vegetable Venice where tiny creatures sail the waters in leaves, while singing and playing their xylophones made of candy. compared to the sound they create, every single colour i have seen in my life is either black or white. it is a record that goes right to the heart

dude i fucking love the way you describe music

this album is like a technicolor dream trip into space

Guest Smuckers

i shouldn't have kept reading this thread whilst i awaited the arrival of my lp/cd. never believe the hype... ever.

I dig this new trend of including a CD with LP instead of digital download code. It makes more sense I think ... you can still rip it to digital if you want, but w/out needing an internet connection, and it can be ripped however many times you want. Also from a label/distro standpoint, they don't need to maintain the logistics of unique codes and file hosting for years to come. At first it seems like it would be cheaper to do the code, but if you think about it, file hosting / bandwidth for any length of time and any tech support for things not working, etc. cost way more per unit than a CD.

I feel like physical formats continue to make a huge comeback and people are realizing more and more it just makes more sense. (Or is it just me and my fellow music fanatics?)

Last night I took down some boxes of old photos I've had stored for a long time and was looking through them thinking, "Why do I even use a digital camera now??" How often do you sit down at the computer and look through old digital photos? And it doesn't feel the same as flipping through a stack of prints. The ephemeral nature of digital files just kills the whole idea of photographs (and music) being like souveniers of time. I dunno, maybe it's just me getting older. lol

Guest sirch

I dig this new trend of including a CD with LP instead of digital download code. It makes more sense I think ... you can still rip it to digital if you want, but w/out needing an internet connection, and it can be ripped however many times you want. Also from a label/distro standpoint, they don't need to maintain the logistics of unique codes and file hosting for years to come. At first it seems like it would be cheaper to do the code, but if you think about it, file hosting / bandwidth for any length of time and any tech support for things not working, etc. cost way more per unit than a CD.

I feel like physical formats continue to make a huge comeback and people are realizing more and more it just makes more sense. (Or is it just me and my fellow music fanatics?)

Last night I took down some boxes of old photos I've had stored for a long time and was looking through them thinking, "Why do I even use a digital camera now??" How often do you sit down at the computer and look through old digital photos? And it doesn't feel the same as flipping through a stack of prints. The ephemeral nature of digital files just kills the whole idea of photographs (and music) being like souveniers of time. I dunno, maybe it's just me getting older. lol

right onnnnnnnn, Sister!

and no, you are not getting old.

everything you said is Truth.

Guest ruiagnelo

i shouldn't have kept reading this thread whilst i awaited the arrival of my lp/cd. never believe the hype... ever.

hype has become a new criterion of judgment and critic. how hipster can it get?

Archived