IGNORED

Lone - Galaxy Garden

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ please stop posting this knob on watmm ffs

NooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

I guess it's not too surprising considering Pitchfork picked the album up but still.

and it's MAXIMALIST :wtf::wtf:

Seriously pitchfork have gone so far up their own arseholes it's warping space-time

Reviews are for suckers. Just up and listen to the samples yourself and make a decision on what you like. The pitchfork system is comically flawed. What makes an 8.2 better than 8.1? THEY'RE JUST NUMBERS

And the needle drop douche is just trying to name as many genres as he can in his videos, I swear

^ please stop posting this knob on watmm ffs

NooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

I guess it's not too surprising considering Pitchfork picked the album up but still.

and it's MAXIMALIST :wtf::wtf:

Seriously pitchfork have gone so far up their own arseholes it's warping space-time

Yeah I agree, that self-referencing bullshit is getting out of hand. I know there's a stack of electronic releases in their office labeled "not maximalist enough." It's probably next to the "post-dubstep maybes" and "possibly hyped soon" piles.

Youtube'd these tracks -

Bodysnatch's "Secret Summer Fantasy" and the idyllic guitar loop of DJ Die's "Autumn"
. That was the main reason I'm glad I skimmed the review.

The Needle Drop has a lot of insightful reviews, but I know to ignore everything he reviews of the WATMM style music because it just always seems to go over his big bald head. I think he gave Room(s) like a 5 or 6? Ok... so point me to something better in this style. Well, you can't.

I honestly don't mind his reviews too much... its nice to see someone spend the time to think over music even if I don't totally agree with his style of talking or musical tastes. Still need to give this one a full listen, but I have heard 3-4 tracks and I know I will love it. Lone always hits it right with the melodies, perhaps a bit samey at times, but the music is too much fun and he pulls it off too well, that I simply do not give a shit.

Guest Smuckers

I've got a few listens under my belt now. I think I had hoped that it'd be a whole album of Crystal Caverns style bangers. I ruined it for myself.

Guest Richy

all of his songs sound the same to me, I got bored and started listening to something else before the end.

Guest sirch

all of his songs sound the same to me, I got bored and started listening to something else before the end.

u mad bro

u mad bro

mj-laughing.gif

Guest Richy

u mad bro

nah not really, his music is very samey, which is good if you really dig his stuff, but it gets a bit tiring after a few listens. I like is occasional nod to the rave era but it lacks a certain rudeness for me.

Guest sirch

u mad bro

nah not really, his music is very samey, which is good if you really dig his stuff, but it gets a bit tiring after a few listens. I like is occasional nod to the rave era but it lacks a certain rudeness for me.

you sure you mean Lone? and not VHS Head? :) this is the Galaxy Garden thread.. not Trademark Ribbons of Gold. :emotawesomepm9:

Him and Machinedrum are a good pair. I'll have to listen to Galaxy Garden more, but I think Machinedrum's use of vocals makes his stuff sound instantly memorable. Lone has great melodies, though.

Guest ruiagnelo

just got my cd. the digipack is wonderfuly designed, and when unfolded reveals beautiful artwork inside.

when the music is great and the artwork follows its quality level, it's the perfect record for me

Archived