IGNORED

B12 love

chassis

Ye so, I have no B12 albums what so ever. This is pretty criminal. I remember those Archives coming out on CD few years back but Ive since lost all capacity for buying CDs.

So recommend me whatever you want. I have a feeling that electro-soma is probably where to start.

Guest ruiagnelo

I have a feeling that electro-soma is probably where to start.

Bullseye.png

Indeed it is. I recommend the Space Age EP as well.

I loved the archives series because of the unreleased tunes, but they pretty much shuffled all their works and the sense of chronology got lost. That's why i don't like them.

Guest ruiagnelo

Both their first LPs are divine. From music to artwork, everything is perfect. Even their latest LP Last days of silence hassurprised me. They have kept their sound and crafted it in a contemporary way. Plus they have released EPs under various side projects, and added the unreleased material from the archives series, you have plenty of B12 to listen to. Only thing i didn't like, as i have said earlier, was the archive series. It gets pretty confusing to listen to the whole 7 volumes. I would rather prefer reissues with bonus discs.

edit: fuck me, that digitonal strings in space mix is terrible. i had forgotten about it because i deleted it from my Last days of silence folder. it's definitely not a happy remix of an epic B12 track.

Guest ruiagnelo

Actually i have thought about it before, and i don't understand how B12 went on so quietly. I mean, i won't compare them to Aphex or Autechre, but their music is absolutely outstanding, unique. They weren't technologically innovative, but their sound compensated such lack in double creativity!

500 orange ones i think.

the etching is B1201:

Musicology (recorded as Musicology) EP B12 Records B1201 1991 Ltd. run of 650 black vinyl, 300 clear vinyl

Electro-Soma would not be my 1st recommend. There are good volumes of that archive set and bad ones. I don't think you can go wrong w/ Last Days of Silence and that live bonus disc is damn good. I think they get better the further they are in their career.

Guest igloos unlmtd

I've been listening to the Archive Series a lot lately. I don't think B12 made one bad tune. For me, the slower moments in the Archive don't come from B12 themselves.

Unless you're willing to unload some serious jack, there is no other way of getting tunes like Captive Planet or Soundtrack of a Strange Era

Also, last I checked Norman Records has nearly the entire Archive series on CD for next to nothing - cheaper than MP3.

• 3 weeks later...

Time Tourist is my favourite B12 album. Yesterday I received the copy of Time Tourist CD purchased via eBay, and it turns out that that is the (rare) US promo version. It seems that some artwork is missing, but anyway, I got the CD for 4$ (+3$ shipping), so I am happy. I uploaded some not-too-good photos of it on discogs:http://www.discogs.com/B12-Time-Tourist/release/2051341, since there weren't any (Discogs doesn't allow the upload of more than 600 pixel/300 kB pictures), and my scanner isn't working, but I'll probably try with friend's scanner in the future. Here are the high resolution photos of release, for those of you who care:

I own the 3EP, Time Tourist, and Electro-Soma

the first two or three tracks on Electro-Soma are fucking legendary, but Time Tourist is my fave all around album....how can you not love Epillion?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
void/comm is what BoC wish they could pull off. Jesus that track is fucking outstanding, too bad rest of time tourist doesn't quite match up!

This, although I like the rest of Time Tourist too. Man I love the cover art too, so nice.

I haven't heard that much B12 but I like 3EP better than either of their first 2 albums. Also the Norberg set is nice.

Guest Gravity
void/comm is what BoC wish they could pull off. Jesus that track is fucking outstanding, too bad rest of time tourist doesn't quite match up!

This, although I like the rest of Time Tourist too. Man I love the cover art too, so nice.

I haven't heard that much B12 but I like 3EP better than either of their first 2 albums. Also the Norberg set is nice.

First time I've heard of Time Tourist (not the first time I've heard of B12 however) and yeah, that cover art along with Void/Comm is fucking nice. Really gives me an otherworldly feeling. I'd love to have it on vinyl for that image.

Just listened to another track... damn. I'm going to need to buy this soon.

Archived