IGNORED

Selected Ambient Works Vol II

Macca

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't care that it's sourced from the CD. was probably recorded straight to dat anyway oscillik... 48 vs 44.1 oh no

There's potentially a big difference between DAT->mastering for vinyl->vinyl

and

DAT-> mastering for CD -> remastering for vinyl -> vinyl.

If you're going to do a reissue of a seminal album do it properly and master it from the original stereo mix DAT or whatever. I can only assume that's not available.

What points towards this being an unauthorized release?

Not using the original masters would point to it being unauthorised.

Oh, you'd be surprised what gets reissued by labels (officially) from far, far removed from the 'original masters'...

Oh, you'd be surprised what gets reissued by labels (officially) from far, far removed from the 'original masters'...

Which is why I generally don't touch reissues. I think the only reissue I knowingly bought was Neptunes Lair. My copy of Chiastic Slide appears to be an unannounced reissue, but that's it as far as I know.

off topic, but sort of on topic also.. check out the Paradinas interview rixxx linked to the other day where he says about all that 'Footwork' shit being sourced and mastered from (mostly less than) 320 MP3's, because none of 'em ever exported to WAV.

wtf.

off topic, but sort of on topic also.. check out the Paradinas interview rixxx linked to the other day where he says about all that 'Footwork' shit being sourced and mastered from (mostly less than) 320 MP3's, because none of 'em ever exported to WAV.

wtf.

Hah, wasn't that the case with the first Nautilis album too? I seem to remember something about it being mastered from 128kbps mp3s or something.

Which is why I generally don't touch reissues. I think the only reissue I knowingly bought was Neptunes Lair. My copy of Chiastic Slide appears to be an unannounced reissue, but that's it as far as I know.

No, I recall Chiastic Slide being reissued (and WARP posting about it)...

wtf.

I saw a redbull academy interview where Rashad said that Paradinas never asked.... :biggrin:

fuck buying the original vinyl. im sick of this extortionist racket of buying shit when it comes out in limited edition then putting it on ebay for quadruple the price. same with old vinyl. To me, the cost-benefit analysis of not being able to hear extra sub-bass frequencies on my 150 dollar turntable and shitty speakers in exchange for a great album costing less than a Playstation 3 is a no-brainer. Audiophiles be damned, and sellers be damned. Its like I'm ten years old in the cafeteria selling my Allen Iverson rookie cards all over again.

kinda want

Would be nice to own this on vinyl finally without having to pay shedloads for it. Dont give a damn about the extra bits of information that may not go into the pressing, my speakers are shot and my decks are set up in my garage right now - audio quality is not an issue.

Guest texan whip

How long has it been since this was originally released (in limited numbers)? 18 years I think?! Old scratched shitty SAWII vinyl has been fetching ridiculous amounts on Ebay for years. There's very definitely a need for this to be officially re-released by Warp but it's no surprise they haven't done so - the label seemingly has an extreme phobia towards re-releasing anything 90's.

fuck buying the original vinyl. im sick of this extortionist racket of buying shit when it comes out in limited edition then putting it on ebay for quadruple the price. same with old vinyl. To me, the cost-benefit analysis of not being able to hear extra sub-bass frequencies on my 150 dollar turntable and shitty speakers in exchange for a great album costing less than a Playstation 3 is a no-brainer. Audiophiles be damned, and sellers be damned. Its like I'm ten years old in the cafeteria selling my Allen Iverson rookie cards all over again.

This.

Except its going to cost a shite load to get it over here. Better start savin'

How long has it been since this was originally released (in limited numbers)? 18 years I think?! Old scratched shitty SAWII vinyl has been fetching ridiculous amounts on Ebay for years. There's very definitely a need for this to be officially re-released by Warp but it's no surprise they haven't done so - the label seemingly has an extreme phobia towards re-releasing anything 90's.

Hence the LFO and Sweet Exorcist releases last year...?

wtf.

Oldskool analog mp3 compression, adds warmth to yer trax

Guest dese manz hatin

I sent them an email asking, they say they are re-issuing the CD version but in Vinyl (this is what happens when an outside record-label tries to put on a re-release, they don't have the rights to every track)

serafinowicz_gun_to_head_final.jpg

No, I recall Chiastic Slide being reissued (and WARP posting about it)...

http://www.discogs.com/Autechre-Chiastic-Slide/master/1348

if you can find the announcement, I'd be happy to concede that it was announced.

I sent them an email asking, they say they are re-issuing the CD version but in Vinyl (this is what happens when an outside record-label tries to put on a re-release, they don't have the rights to every track)

serafinowicz_gun_to_head_final.jpg

large_1309221030.jpg

is the vinyl artwork much betten than this CD scan?

anyone willing to scan in hires so I can have a decent wallpaper?

aphex_twin_-_1994_selected_ambient_works_volume_ii_cd2.jpg

I always wondered if the logo was photoshopped in or if they did really build it

is the vinyl artwork much betten than this CD scan?

anyone willing to scan in hires so I can have a decent wallpaper?

aphex_twin_-_1994_selected_ambient_works_volume_ii_cd2.jpg

I always wondered if the logo was photoshopped in or if they did really build it

I always assumed it was Photoshopped (effects like this were a bit harder to pull off in 1994 (ah, channels and masks), but certainly do-able), but they could have stenciled the logo onto a concrete wall or stone surface.

The vinyl artwork doesn't have the terrible large dot pattern like the CD printings do...

Archived