IGNORED

Dayvan Cowboy video

Guest fox

Guest Archrival

"So, you've forced yourself to like it then?" No, no.

I dont force my self to like anything at all...some stuff just takes longer to fall in the right place..like Untilted! that album is maybe AEs best so far imo.

"Took longer than usual"

It just took some "hints" from my best friend and a open mind ;).

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest An urban black kid
It just took some "hits" from my best friend and a open mind ;).

Bong or pipe?

Guest Look
Yeah Im envious of that guy! I mean, what an experience to have. I think Im gonna buy that freefalling book that was linked pages back. There is also another one called Magnificent Failure thats supposed to be pretty decent. Oy, which to get?

Both, I'd say - although I've not read Magnificent Failure, the chapter in the first book (The Pre-Astronauts) about Nick Piantanida make me want to know more about that tale. I'll get it when I've got some spare cash.

Re Kittinger blacking out - he did actually black out due to a flat spin on on of the previous jumps (Excelsior I @ 76,000 feet) and only regained consciousness after he'd landed. What happened was he'd unwittingly triggered the timer delay for the pilot chute while still in the gondola, so instead of opening 16 seconds after jumping, it opened 2.5 seconds after - his airspeed then was far too low for it to work, so it just flopped around, going between his legs, up past his shoulders, and around his neck. His airspeed increased and he went into an uncontrollable flat spin and lost consciousness. Then at 18,000 feet the main chute deployed and got tangled around his spinning body, at 11,000 feet the reserve chute opened and immediateley got snagged with the main chute. Fortunately, the designer of the parachute system had built in a safety feature that meant the shroud lines of the main chute would snap if the system was in a flat spin fast enough to render the jumper unconscious (meaning he could free the tangled lines himself) - exactly this situation - and sure enough, 6000 feet from the ground the main chute was severed and the reserve filled out, dropping him safely into the sand. To experience that, i.e. very nearly dying (not to mention the helmet of the pressure suit that mysteriously kept inching up over his head throughout the ascent) and go back and do it again, TWICE - cast iron balls, I reckon.

i actually really liked the campfire headphase more than any of the BOC previous albums, this video makes me kind of disinterested in BOC all over again though :(.

really a big letdown for me. not nearly enough psychedelia.

i seriously thought at the end a big fucking nike swoosh and JUST DO IT. would pop up.

yeah i was confused at first if it was actually the right download link or if it was some sort of sports commercial

on the contrary, this video gives the same effect to BoC fanboys. regardless that is plain, boring, and a letdown, there are going to be people who wioll love it no matter what, just because it is BoC.

sadly yes, the video could have been a black screen with static on it and people would still be praising it for how avant-garde it was.

Guest BunnyRabbit

on the contrary, this video gives the same effect to BoC fanboys. regardless that is plain, boring, and a letdown, there are going to be people who wioll love it no matter what, just because it is BoC.

sadly yes, the video could have been a black screen with static on it and people would still be praising it for how avant-garde it was.

Oh grow up. People will praise what they like and dis what they don't. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean our opinions are meaningless. Or are you more right than everone else? Hmm? Are you opinions on art more correct than everyone that you disagree with? or is it a matter of taste?

And in anycase it's so far removed from an oblique piece of avant garde pseudo meaningfull nonsense your statement's laughable.

I don't think the video's a staggeringly original work of art but it works for me in it's context and that's probably all it was designed to do. I tend to judge musicians on their music and see any visual input as bonus and a fairly disposable one at that.

that would be beautiful : turning a tv to a radio...

• 2 weeks later...

i actually really liked the music video, i thought it captured a really cool emotion, how you were able to watch a guy sky diving from SPACE, through the clouds, and into the water where he started surfing on some huge waves.. i thought that was amazing! i really liked the way it was filmed too..

make fun of me all you want but i like the song as well =P the only thing i dont like is the beginning, they should have cut that down a bit more

Guest cosmonaut
I take back the negative rant I made about the dayvan cowboy video!!!! The video is nothing but AMAZING and im dead serious!!!!!!! :omg:

Enough said.

orly?

the first time I saw I thought it was just ok, but now I really like it a lot

can't wait to have it in my hands and see it in a bigger screen

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

well i finally saw this on yu tube

yeah late pass

i know

and i reallty can't beleive those guys used some footage of LAIRD HAMILTON doing big wave tow in surfing in maui

its just so obvious and unoriginal

especially on the heels of riding giants,step into the liquid ,blue crush ie the rash of surfing videos in the last 3 years

they have a budget and they could have used anything in the world for stock footage

ANY FUCKING THING

Like old Film boards of canada footage

new footage

etc

but they picked that?

sad

the song is ok

I am still disappointed with campfire after 20-30 listens it has yet to take root

MHTRTC and the EPS were a fluke

Guest Moebius
well i finally saw this on yu tube

yeah late pass

i know

and i reallty can't beleive those guys used some footage of LAIRD HAMILTON doing big wave tow in surfing in maui

its just so obvious and unoriginal

especially on the heels of riding giants,step into the liquid ,blue crush ie the rash of surfing videos in the last 3 years

they have a budget and they could have used anything in the world for stock footage

ANY FUCKING THING

Like old Film boards of canada footage

new footage

etc

but they picked that?

sad

the song is ok

I am still disappointed with campfire after 20-30 listens it has yet to take root

MHTRTC and the EPS were a fluke

are you saying you recognize that was definately being Laird Hamilton, or just going along with what was said here earlier.

afaik there hasn't been any proof it's him, just that "hey it might be this guy"

i didn't read any other posts

yes thats laird in hawaii or one of his friends....no question about it

those are the only guys in the world that strap the board to their feet like a snowboard beacause the waves are so fucking huge and steep[ 60-80 ft]

search " laird hamilton " in you tube

and you tell me....

Archived