IGNORED

arturia minibrute

Guest yikes

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest sirch

oh my. yes please! (only just seen this little beauty)

I won't be bothering with that new Moog now. unless they take the price down.

Guest Promo

Heard that Schmidt synth is gonna cost 30k lol. Mad. If I was to get an Analogue synth it'd be the Alesis Andromeda.

• 5 months later...

So this has a 12 db filter... On my mopho you get pretty much zero resonance when you switch to 12db. Is this always the case with a 12db filter or does it depend?

I have a feeling this is a very nice, very capable little synth, but 99% of the demos I've seen make it look like rubbish.

I'd like to see a demo where the first thing the guy does is breaks off the Brute Factor knob and skips it across the lake like Andy Griffith.

And then maybe he saves a pretty girl from drowning, and they fall in love on account of the elevated physiology, the shared moment (laying on the beach, with her still coughing; he says "water you doing for the rest of your life?") They spend their time playing music and laughing and drinking wine and scheming up beautiful ways to stave off the ever-looming ennui of youth. But in time he began to take her for granted, and thew grew apart, more and more until one day she disappeared, leaving only a post-it note on the kitchen table which reads simply: "Dry."

the end

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Bro

I think I'm gonna ask for one of these babies for Xmas. I can't really think of anything else musically I'd want except for say a talkbox.

the sh-101 is only famous for the vocoder though really.

:cisfor:

Really? No its not.

I really like the specs, look and sound of the Minibrute. The other day I got around to playing on one hooked to my EMX-1 for sequencing, I now want to buy one. A friend of a friend bought one expecting presets (lol) and then soon discovered they know nothing of analog synthesis... That low pass filter is gnarly for thunky basses. :cerious:\

Edit: and for the record, 99% of the youtube demos of this synth are shit, I was amazed with the sounds I could get out of it after less than a few hours noodling and sequencing.

I think I'm gonna ask for one of these babies for Xmas. I can't really think of anything else musically I'd want except for say a talkbox.

lol sorry but how old are you? i hope you'll be asking your girlfriend. actually no i don't because then that assumes that she has to get you a present - specifically this one, which, although everyone does it, should not be the way to approach xmas imo. especially not when you're like, grown-up. so i hope that when you say ask for one for xmas it's just a joke and you really mean you'll treat/pay for it yourself. i hope...

465_shawshank.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very curious why someone would get this over a 101...

it's half the price

it has midi

usb ,a bit more flexible in some ways i don't think its a 101 replacer really

you will not pay 100 dollars in shipping etc etc

I'm very curious why someone would get this over a 101...

it's half the price

it has midi

usb ,a bit more flexible in some ways i don't think its a 101 replacer really

you will not pay 100 dollars in shipping etc etc

I got mine for $650-ish

Archived