IGNORED

Clark - "Iradelphic"

Guest Adam

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

backson, your semi-recent return to watmm has been tedious thus far

oh man, I'm ready for this fight. I'm totally prepared to deck you bruv.

and to think I used to think you were cool. almost Shakespearean how things have turned out, old friends now deathly enemies.

Guest Backson
"Com Touch" is the album's first single, and like the title, the song's glowing, arpeggiated synths are slightly reminiscent of New Jersey arpeggio-loving producer Com Truise, as well as Boards of Canada (tell me that cover art above isn't awfully BoC-esque, too).

Yes, sounds exactly like Com Truise. And you haven't just made the connection because of the "Com T" in the title. Spot on once again Pitchfork.

Seriously, I don't know why they bother reviewing stuff that isn't indie rock...

tell me that cover art above isn't awfully BoC-esque, too

Their right. It looks too Boc-ish, and almost like a clone of the Seefeel s/t album's cover !

But it's not about the artwork, right ???

Guest Backson
tell me that cover art above isn't awfully BoC-esque, too

Their right. It looks too Boc-ish, and almost like a clone of the Seefeel s/t album's cover !

But it's not about the artwork, right ???

to be honest, I originally hated the artwork for Totems when I saw it.

I still sort of do, but I think its makes sense because its so organic that it kind of conveys the vibe of the album.

i would suggest this is similar, maybe a bit too simple but it conveys the proper vibes. nice logo too.

"Com Touch" is the album's first single, and like the title, the song's glowing, arpeggiated synths are slightly reminiscent of New Jersey arpeggio-loving producer Com Truise, as well as Boards of Canada (tell me that cover art above isn't awfully BoC-esque, too).

Yes, sounds exactly like Com Truise. And you haven't just made the connection because of the "Com T" in the title. Spot on once again Pitchfork.

Seriously, I don't know why they bother reviewing stuff that isn't indie rock...

Oh wow. :wacko:

jesus tittyfucking christ

Yeah, I don't know Pitchfork, you're sounding kind of retarded. Have you heard Com Truise?

but

Com Touch = Tom Couch = Tom (Cruise Jumping On Oprah's) Couch = Tom Cruise = Com Truise

I'm not writing this theory off yet.

Yeah, I don't know Pitchfork, you're sounding kind of retarded. Have you heard Com Truise?

but

Com Touch = Tom Couch = Tom (Cruise Jumping On Oprah's) Couch = Tom Cruise = Com Truise

I'm not writing this theory off yet.

Re: title theory

I think this is correct, if only because it feels so correct

down there

Edit: speaking of edging, I'm not going to play this great track again until I have the album

Yup. I have played this track once.

I only got into Clark in the last couple of years and imo his tracks sound better in the context of an album. So I will wait 'till the album drops as well.

So I will reserve my judgement until then.

clarkdance.gif

i remember seeing him play at 1 of his early shows (2001/02), at 'Nesh', in London.

there weren't many people in the room, but it was an awesome set. he just had a laptop then..

dunno why there weren't a lot of people in the room..?

but probably because Aphex or somebody more well known was playing in 1 of the other rooms...

i'd loved that club. you could just walk in with a bag full of beer. :)

never got sirch'd once. :)

Archived