Dream Continuum - Reworkz E.P.

• 1 month later...

It was almost inevitable that Travis Stewart and Jim Coles would collaborate.

Last year’s Rooms saw Machinedrum fuse footwork’s rhythmic twitch with a junglist sense of sugar-rush euphoria; Om Unit, meanwhile, made the link more explicit through a series of footwork-jungle reworkings under the excellent pseudonym Philip D Kick.

As you might expect, then, their work as Dream Continuum is ingenious crossover material. ‘B Free’ kicks things off with a classic rushing drop, guaranteed to get the molars grinding for any jaded junglists out there – though the payoff is more 808 than Amen. ‘Giv A Lil Luv’ trades in lumpen piano chords and a rinsing breakbeats, while ‘Set It’ riffs off a schlocky new age monologue and woozy pads which sound like they’ve been run through a cheap tape deck circa 1995, before looping up ragga chants and dense drum machine-meets-breakbeat syncopations.

You can stream the Reworkz EP in full, exclusively at FACT, below – tell us it’s not a winning combination. It’s out on Planet Mu on March 26.

http://www.factmag.com/2012/03/21/dream-continuum-reworkz-ep/

gah. merge.

loving the breakiness of track two.

goddamn, orb sample on track three! this is fine stuff!

Edited by kaini
  • 1 month later...

I don't know why no one cared about this when it came out. fucking amazing ep IMO. seriously if anyone knows of more stuff like this and Ecstasy Boom, tell me, because I am in love with it.

Guest sirch

I don't know why no one cared about this when it came out. fucking amazing ep IMO. seriously if anyone knows of more stuff like this and Ecstasy Boom, tell me, because I am in love with it.

seriously?

was like, meeheheh.. here.. :/

seriously?

was like, meeheheh.. here.. :/

I don't know- after a short time I got totally bored with the juke music. Really. Don't know why. Maybe because EVERYBODY poops out a new juke record the week and it's nothing new any more.

Really sad. Some tunes are wonderful but my ears reject it right now when I listen to it.

Strange phenomena.