09 Demdike Stare Meets Shangaan Electro
10 Peverelist Meets Tshetsha Boys
11 Anthony Shake Shakir Meets BBC
12 RP Boo Meets Shangaan Electro
13 Actress Meets Shangaan Electro 2
14 Hype Williams Meets Shangaan Electro
15 Ricardo Villalobos & Max Loderbauer Meet Shangaan Electro
16 Mark Ernestus Meets BBC Version

Awesome, should be really unique if nothing else. The Oni Ayhun one turned out to be one of my favorite tracks last year, really bizarre sounding. Interested to hear how Hype Williams tackle this among others.

Guest goodwillsidis

is there a good hype williams track? the one nation album & his fact mix sounded frighteningly inept to me, is there a better thing I should hear to understand why ppl sweat dat

is there a good hype williams track? the one nation album & his fact mix sounded frighteningly inept to me, is there a better thing I should hear to understand why ppl sweat dat

Nawh, they aint amazing. Its just a thing people get.

I do kinda want this.

This is still the best remix ive heard, its track 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWykI10ONgo&list=FLCJI_QeG2wsgP5i1O5obdVQ&index=77&feature=plpp_video

Guest goodwillsidis

thanks I will check that one out. I like interesting lo-fi productions. id like to hear a Andy Stott rmx of Shangaan.

thanks I will check that one out. I like interesting lo-fi productions. id like to hear a Andy Stott rmx of Shangaan.

id imagine it wouldn't sound much different from other andy stott songs, we'd hear the shangaan struggling to breathe through a pounding punchy sub bass drum for a duration of 5 minutes

what id really love to see is an american or idm musician doing their take on Shangaan electro. I dont see why not with all the white-boy footwork stuff coming out.

Is wattm interested in making this happen, because we should do it...

I dont see why not with all the white-boy footwork stuff coming out.

because juke is really danceable and fun, and you can tie it in with jungle and hiphop, and shangaan is just traditional african music sped up and bastardized with midi instruments. I'm all for people doing traditional african influenced things, but shangaan will always sound like shit.

Good that they bundle all these remixes. Getting all these 12'' is way too much work. Killer artists and I still didn't hear Actress' remixes so I'm mega-hyped.

• 1 year later...

because juke is really danceable and fun, and you can tie it in with jungle and hiphop, and shangaan is just traditional african music sped up and bastardized with midi instruments. I'm all for people doing traditional african influenced things, but shangaan will always sound like shit.

how is it bastardized if it is made by africans for fast paced dance competitions?

how is it bastardized if it is made by africans for fast paced dance competitions?

what I said was ignorant. I agree with you. bastardized was not the right word in any case.

Archived