IGNORED

Slowdive – Pygmalion

modey

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm posting these videos in the shoegaze thread (the original vimeo copies were taken down) and the second part mentions Pygmalion being one of the best shoegaze albums ever made and arguably contributed more to the post-shoegaze bedroom ambient and electronic music as well as "nu-gaze" artists like Ulrich Schnauss and M83 than any other album.

@9:00

http://youtu.be/Clt-eFmnGLQ

Always loved Souvlaki, been listening to it for ages, but have never listened to Pygmalion.

Just saw this thread and listening to it for the first time now. Loving it so far. First track really gives off some Talk Talk vibes...

i should add that despite my statement earlier in the thread that this is the only album of slowdive's that i still listen to, i do actually prefer this song to all of their (and every other shoegaze band's) output:

[youtubehd]xwEF51EETQM[/youtubehd]

that's as good as it gets folks, i'll take that song over anything on loveless

• 5 months later...

I listened to this out the middle of nowhere, from Alpine to Fort Stockton. Literally nothing but West Texas desert for miles and miles on any side of the road, just my wife and I driving back from a getaway trip to Marfa. We had an awesome weekend and were driving back to reality of work and school and busy city life. It was bittersweet. It was an absolutely perfect soundtrack.

Jesus, even the demo bonus disc is brilliant:

http://youtu.be/TJuYqT9l5CI

I listened to this out the middle of nowhere, from Alpine to Fort Stockton. Literally nothing but West Texas desert for miles and miles on any side of the road, just my wife and I driving back from a getaway trip to Marfa. We had an awesome weekend and were driving back to reality of work and school and busy city life. It was bittersweet. It was an absolutely perfect soundtrack.

That sounds amazing with this music!

• 7 years later...