6 I Love A Good Pork Sandwich

7 Sparks

8 Icetray

9 Bassturbation

10 Mexicali

11 Karmaliuk Posse

12 The Cop Show (with Brian English)

previews of all songs here

if you are on watmm advanced ordering is available here for $12 (cd & digital) or digital for $7

(your cd will be shipped out immediately before the official release date)

from an upcoming review by Igloomag.com

Kossak (also known as Lucas Patzek) joins a new breed of musicians unlike many that have come before him. Nestled somewhere between chill—trip—hip hop, his sounds are meticulously crafted, well balanced and produced with astute attention to detail. While press-releases usually shine the lights brightly on any given release, Record Label Records nails it on their descriptor: “Dub-inflected, with industrial echoes and hints of jazz and village
 folk music, every refrain and counter-melody feels deliberate and predetermined. Ludicrous 
sampled phrases punctuate a series of subtle grooves, elevating the sometimes difficult shifting 
soundscape to an effortless listen.” This particular synopsis can’t be ignored and should clearly be focused on as You Forgot To Kick It encompasses all of the above quite perfectly.

Dub-infected in that heavily layered bass lines roll smoothly throughout. Industrial echoes are ever so slightly delivered—a backbone of driving beats and darkened moods are prevalent. Hints of jazz is unveiled—however dispersed occasionally—to allow for an instrumental touch. Village folk music is prescribed at the onset and is peppered sparingly above the audio creations. But what truly stands out is the clever usage of bass, heavy beats, ambiguous rhythms and subtle melodies that bend, shift and contort gracefully around each piece. Perhaps Taylor Deupree’s influence can be credited in this aspect as the mastering is genuinely balanced among a myriad of found-sounds and gelatinous fragments. Exploratory structures run parallel to early-era Amon Tobin—humble yet impacting, minimal yet maximal, each track clearly redefines the current state of electrified hip-hop. Projecting outward from the likes of Gescom and/or Shadowhuntaz (Skam), Kossak’s focus on layering percussion and tumbling bass is refined and delves into broken slabs of funk, mechanical spillways, distorted tweaks as well as uplifting anthems that are discovered in the ashes. Being able to reveal these fresh perspectives in the form of dense instrumental electronics, both low-riding emissions and high-diving waves fuel this album creating an array of stimulating color that continues to expand.

You Forgot To Kick It is available on Record Label Records. [Release page]

Soundcloud preview

http://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/kossak-karmaliuk-posse-from

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dcom
      A vertiable cornucopia of electronics from ambient through breaks to techno - and more. Recommended.
    • By 714681746476436
      Warmed up the tubes, switched on the RE-201. Vermona DSR-3 was in good health. Reharmonised the track a bit
      Dubbed out dance

• By dub3000
      Hi all! Our new album is out! It's post-...something, dubby, distorted and weird. One track got tons of terrestrial airplay; another seems to be getting picked up by a bunch of blogs. One guy I know says some of it sounds like Tool, but I don't hear that myself.
      It's grubby and strange and full of cool drumming and custom DSP code and modular gear used as a *conventional instrument*. We recorded the whole thing in a day. I hope you like it! Cheers.
      Album link: https://gyro.lnk.to/SpectralGates

Background:
      SPECTRAL GATES is a collaboration between Steve Allison & Daniel Arena (who also perform individually as Scruffamudda and Daniel Arena's Musical Entertainment Cube). The duo create energetic, ethereal and apocalyptic electronic beats, dub and post-rock.

In late 2019, after a seven year break from playing together in bands, they went into a hacked-together DIY studio space for a day and came out with the bones of a self-titled album, scheduled for release on streaming services and Bandcamp March 31:

"I'd just finished getting my recording rig sorted out again following some sessions for other bands, and it felt silly to pack it all away again in storage without doing some more tracking. Somehow this led to a one-day unplanned recording in a rehearsal room with me and Steve Allison - nothing written in advance, the very slightest amount of prep (most of which we discarded), and a terrifying mountain of instruments and equipment. Just, like, three of everything. Loopers and synths and mess. Angry homemade digital. I think I had ten different ways to make a guitar sound more distorted ready to patch in.

Going in I wanted to capture some of the sheer exhilaration of making a terrible racket with friends. There's nothing like letting a guitar just feedback, barely under control. The air takes on mass and menace. Infamous noise pioneer Lucas Abela joked in an interview about one of his public installations that experimental music is a lot more fun to make than to listen to, and I was expecting this would go the same way. Maybe we'd capture a bit of that.

What I hadn't counted on was that Steve and I would find something musically coherent from the first seconds of recording, and we kept gravitating back towards sanity in the sessions. The literal first thing we recorded survived through as track one on the album - this big, dubby, distorted thing that just rolls and flows and makes sense, and most of the album grew out of this apocalyptic cloud of electronic tension.

Three minutes into a totally improvised piece that's working, you get this terror, you have to figure how to land this crazy machine before the wings fall off. We got a few good landings on tape." 
    • By Lada Laika
      https://sfx-space.bandcamp.com/album/states-of-fugue-sf02

• By basalt_slave
      Hello, all --
      I've just released a collection of music and would like to share the love:
      https://itzzzelll.bandcamp.com/album/cant
      http://itzzzelll.bandcamp.com/yum
      z8c8-xlva
      3zh3-eetb
      5yew-ub3x
      rk64-jxhq
      dnyh-gppt
      pakj-3fbb
      vxlp-7z43
      6qp8-5zvs
      urf3-bgzd
      lvdw-x7kh
      4gqq-j5zv
      42r7-gr89
      elmx-347z
      gcgp-hmp6
      thur-5tby
      tqw5-bblf
      t8hg-xhva
      j6bz-jwmh
      73xn-kwy5
      xdev-k4bf
      Another EP, Atelo, was released a couple of months ago on Drvg Cvltvre's New York Haunted label: https://newyorkhaunted.bandcamp.com/album/nyh178-itzel-atelo
      Thank you and enjoy!
      Best,
      Itzel