IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if I was afx, I dont know that I would want to use that machine if I knew that a bunch of old belgian hippies had fucked with it while in the nude, even if they were the ones who made it. in fact, especially if they were the ones who made it.

I would love a release as much as the next person. But, the man has released a wealth of great music, if he never releases again good for him. It's not his only role in life to make sounds for us. There are lots of great tunes being turned out in the genre that don't get enough attention in my opinion.

A part of me also likes the idea that the RDJ experience is now a live one, in this day of constant consumption of music it kind of throws it back a few centuries and gives it that going to orchestra feel. Now if he would just come to Canada...

for me a robot and a "posing in front of new equipment" photo are much more solid than some obscure MDG making blurry statements to be honest

according to someone I trust, Aphex has had that Synthi 100 since at least 2007...

of course, my saying this is just pub talk and i don't expect anyone to believe me. but i personally believe that he's had that Synthi 100 for a while...

quote from wikipedia:

The Synthi 100 owned by Jack Dangers can be heard being used extensively on electronica group Meat Beat Manifesto's album R.U.O.K.?.[2] Many photos from that album's CD sleeve are close-up photos of the Synthi 100's control panels and displays. It was claimed that his unit was the only one still in working condition at that time.

MeatBeatManifestoRUOKCDCover.jpeg

I just got RUOK and it has written analord / drexciya synthesis all over it while there is a gigantic room for aphex magic to improve on it. No wonder he likes the synth

for me a robot and a "posing in front of new equipment" photo are much more solid than some obscure MDG making blurry statements to be honest

according to someone I trust, Aphex has had that Synthi 100 since at least 2007...

of course, my saying this is just pub talk and i don't expect anyone to believe me. but i personally believe that he's had that Synthi 100 for a while...

quote from wikipedia:

The Synthi 100 owned by Jack Dangers can be heard being used extensively on electronica group Meat Beat Manifesto's album R.U.O.K.?.[2] Many photos from that album's CD sleeve are close-up photos of the Synthi 100's control panels and displays. It was claimed that his unit was the only one still in working condition at that time.

I trust my source :music:

quote from wikipedia:

I know he was having his GX1 MIDI retro fitted around this time (according to my sources which I trust)

I would love a release as much as the next person. But, the man has released a wealth of great music, if he never releases again good for him.

Then he should just say he wont put it out anymore, he keeps mentioning in interviews having a ton of unreleased material and what is it now 4 studios? Whats he trying to do?

I would love a release as much as the next person. But, the man has released a wealth of great music, if he never releases again good for him.

Then he should just say he wont put it out anymore, he keeps mentioning in interviews having a ton of unreleased material and what is it now 4 studios? Whats he trying to do?

enjoy himself?

he keeps mentioning it in interviews because they ask him about it. it's not like he set up a twitter to constantly remind us how many unreleased albums rot away on his dats. and i don't think afx going all drama queen and saying he's done with albums would change all that much, people would probably assume he's just going incognito a'la the tuss.

He releases music for himself mostly, not for us, he mentions that in alot of interviews. I hope he releases new music. He's a good guy, and he understands why we act like this, but he must feel som sort of pressure, I mean, he visits this forum very often.

quote from wikipedia:

are you engaging in a contest to see who can beat Elusive's constant (but still anonymous) name dropping

Guest cult fiction

I wonder if the drums on the Metz track are done with the HAT. The snares in particular sound like they might not be sampled.

my source says richard quit releasing albums because he couldn't find a third thing to buy that ends with an -ank, after tank and a bank. his ocd got the best of him.

He could start buying crank, he'd get really productive and the music would be gnarly as fuck.

quote from wikipedia:

are you engaging in a contest to see who can beat Elusive's constant (but still anonymous) name dropping

You managed to ascertain a name from what I said? I'm impressed.

Guest Mononoke

my source says richard quit releasing albums because he couldn't find a third thing to buy that ends with an -ank, after tank and a bank. his ocd got the best of him.

He could buy a wank. I happen to be an expert knob twiddler.

He could buy a crank (as in on a lever)

some dank (probably already done)

a Hank (partial rights to King of the Hill)

some jank (mtg cards are cheap)

a rank (either in Battlefield 3 or of some taxis)

a Yank (I am sure many Americans would like to be his slave judging on this subforum)

quote from wikipedia:

You managed to ascertain a name from what I said? I'm impressed.

no thats precisely the point, is you are continuously insinuating you somehow have inside knowledge of these artists private lives or at the very least cursory knowledge about them that is garnered from friends of friends. I just find it mildly irritating, but don't mind me.

Archived