IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATP. Primavera, Melt, Sonar etc. There was a large pullout in the Guardian on Summer festivals and zero 'phex..

also there is this..............

"Aphex is currently not booking shows. Watch this space for updates!"

Interesting.... think it means anything?

I mean, I know it means he's not booking shows. But does that "watch this space for updates!" just mean watch that space to be informed as to when he's booking shows again? not necessarily anything else...?

ATP. Primavera, Melt, Sonar etc. There was a large pullout in the Guardian on Summer festivals and zero 'phex..

I mean, I know it means he's not booking shows. But does that "watch this space for updates!" just mean watch that space to be informed as to when he's booking shows again? not necessarily anything else...?

Probably means that the million he pulled in last year from doing shows has lined his pockets nicely, and it is time to hide in his studio until he completes his newest work.

Probably means that the million he pulled in last year from doing shows has lined his pockets nicely, and it is time to hide in his studio until he completes his newest work.

What? In ur dreams! Don't u know that :

In an October 2010 interview with British magazine Another Man, James stated that he had completed 6 albums, one of which was a remake of the unreleased Melodies from Mars, originally produced around the time of Richard D. James Album. In June 2011, he spoke to Spanish magazine EL PAIS. When asked about the 6 albums, he answered 'More than 10 or 11 are already compiled, and many more songs are orphans.' He also revealed that a new album 'will show in a while' and that the reason it has been so long since his last album was that he was waiting for a divorce from his wife.

What? In ur dreams! Don't u know that :

In an October 2010 interview with British magazine Another Man, James stated that he had completed 6 albums, one of which was a remake of the unreleased Melodies from Mars, originally produced around the time of Richard D. James Album. In June 2011, he spoke to Spanish magazine EL PAIS. When asked about the 6 albums, he answered 'More than 10 or 11 are already compiled, and many more songs are orphans.' He also revealed that a new album 'will show in a while' and that the reason it has been so long since his last album was that he was waiting for a divorce from his wife.

You must be new here...quoting press about Aphex as if it is factual...

You must be new here...quoting press about Aphex as if it is factual...

yeah, i was gonna chuckle about that too. But then thought i'd leave him to his innocent dreams.

so he bought hardware, then started touring to increase exposure for the upcoming release and gathered more money. now he starts producing.

the "I have serval releases finished" statement was correct but none of the stuff was worth releasing obviously

I don't agree with you there... Haven't you heard some of the unreleased stuff he plays live?

Also keep in mind we don't even know if he's gone back to the studio. He's just not touring.

He's just not touring.

How legit is that info, even? Isn't it possible his booking agency site uses that lingo as a sort of auto-template when there are no "current" shows booked.. could be some in the works, and they just put that there as a default no activity statement until something gets announced.

Although I do really hope that it's legit and that it means he's in the studio and that he will finish something release-able by his standards, and that he will end up releasing whatever in God's name that is lol

dunno man, i chatted to him for a few hours and its not like he was bullshitting anything, we just chatted about his opinions and attitudes to music, once i told him i dont actually like his music all that much, im into 4/4 groovelocked techno, and then everyone stopped giving a shit that he was who he was and just started with the usual rambling party chat and jokes, he ended up being a pretty funny, sound guy. i expected him to be the sort of guy who gets fed up of photos aswell but he was not bothered atall. he partied for the whole weekend aswell.

also, what on earth is unbelievable about him working on music that he wants to be mindblowing? its not even like thats information.

At the Pleasure Principle weekend? Well, cool to know he's still not given up on music. I read here on watmm someone talked to Grant saying he won't release anything anymore because 'he had done enough'.

No Steinvord confirmation though? :emotawesomepm9:

edit: this is actually the first solid post of this whole 22 pages long thread, nice job!

I also want to know. Did you ask him if steinvord is some random kid, aphex twin, or someone else on rephlex?

I also want to know. Did you ask him if steinvord is some random kid, aphex twin, or someone else on rephlex?

And when he answered did he touch his face?

Guest Papillon

So is there any actual actual news about an Aphex Twin release? I kind of recall some discussion about RDJ a while ago he (or perhaps an interviewer) mentioned that he had completed a half dozen albums or something that didn't seem reasonable.

I also remember around the same time there was another discussion that due to a split with his spouse he wouldn't release music out of spite?? something about not wanting her to be entitled to his monies. Is that shit actually true? Has there been anything since then in terms of new album or single etc?

Fuck if that is true what a sad time we live in, that a legal matter would dictate whether or not we hear his music.

I did hear a fantastic track on youtube that was played at Metz actually it was two tracks about 10 or 11 minutes long, and they were really ace, I downloaded them and listen to them often the sound quality was very good. I imagine everyone on here know the music I'm talking about?

It would be very funny if RDJ did a very similar clue thing like BOC have just done for their new LP.

Archived