IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I just woke up from a dream I had about a new Aphex Twin release!!! It was so exciting... The actual release was uhh, unexpected to say the least...

So basically, there was no announcement about the release, it just showed up in physical record stores without any word, which I thought was so rdj, and it made me smile...

It was a CD, a 4-track EP titled "Sweet Sounds", and it was not released on Rephlex, Warp, Sire... but rather a label called "T-Drone Recordings" or "TDrone Recordings" can't remember which..

The CD had one of those slide-over cardboard covers over the plastic. It was all white with black writing, and there was this cut-out image of people running a marathon (like generic clip art style) at the top right... and then "Aphex Twin: Sweet Sounds"

It even had a sticker on the CD saying something hilarious... "Remix EP from legendary remixer, The Aphex Twin"

There were 4 tracks, and on the back, I can remember a few of them:

1. Third Back- Friend Got a 3 (whatever the hell that is)

2. (Some mention of Beck/Weezer track that he remixed) hahaha

3. Some remix of Tom Middleton that he did

4. A remix of Grace Jones i think...

At the very bottom of the back of the CD, it said this in all CAPS and in grey:

"NEW RELEASE SPECULATION BASED ON FACTS WE HAVE"

hahaha.. in my dream, i remember thinking, this is totally rdj having a laugh and poking fun at us watmmers, but also kind of a tribute to us as well (:

good times.. my weird detailed dreams sometimes end up coming true randomly, so hopefully we'll get some afx output soon (; not sure abt that weezer stuff though, that would be creepy.

Nice dream and all, but what has this got to do with speculation based on facts? I mean, this could become an interesting philosophical discussion on the difference between dreaming and rationalising (which is from a biological point of view mostly a gradual difference, imo), but wtf!?

You could have made a new thread, dude.

Nice dream and all, but what has this got to do with speculation based on facts? I mean, this could become an interesting philosophical discussion on the difference between dreaming and rationalising (which is from a biological point of view mostly a gradual difference, imo), but wtf!?

You could have made a new thread, dude.

Good call.. I was considering making it a new thread, actually, but I didn't know if creating a thread out of one dream ive had would be chill of me, seems like kind of over the top to do, so i figured id post it in here for kicks... figured it wouldnt be a big deal, but yeah i could post it as a new thread if that's better.. ?

a new aphex release has always struck a little fear in me. anyone else? i just get this pang. like im going to be whopped in the head

As far as i'm concerned that dream fits on the banner of "new release speculation", whether it's by the subconscious or not it is still speculative. Plus it won't hurt the maga thread to have another little tangential distraction for five seconds.

Also, "sweet sounds" lol.

You have pretty good dream recall man.

As far as i'm concerned that dream fits on the banner of "new release speculation", whether it's by the subconscious or not it is still speculative. Plus it won't hurt the maga thread to have another little tangential distraction for five seconds.

Also, "sweet sounds" lol.

You have pretty good dream recall man.

haha, thanks.. it happened fresh in the morning, right before waking, so i was able to jot it down so i could remember. for some reason, i remember thinking after waking that it wouldn't actually surprise me if rdj's first long awaited release after this long was something like a little random remix ep of stuff he never announced and i could totally see him calling it something as generic as "sweet sounds", in an ironic way and for the pure not-giving-a-f*ck side of him.. i almost felt in the dream, that this was just the first of many more releases to come. and as for it showing up in stores without mention, i think that would be rad. imagine people just stumbling upon a new afx release in stores as if it were always there, and then rdj not even saying a word, even after. something about aphex's lack of hype about his own stuff paired with his elusiveness, i think, makes his fans want new music even more.. it's all about the mystery.

your post is probably making warp have to scupper their plans to do this exact thing, before contacting the government. And so a team from deep within the millitary is winging it's way to your town to pick you up and study your future sense. Oh nos

• 1 month later...

so all facts left are dreams about richard?

yes, im afraid that's what it's come to here.

but, on the optimistic side, the internet is a pretty freakin large place... so is the real world...

I'm pretty sure we can dig around a bit and find some afx talk... or signs.. or clues here and there (:

Archived