IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

I'd shop the raymond scott thing with the phex face, but i'm useless.

The name of the game is braindance.

I swear you people do this to me on purpose. Here you go then

hCZtcmB.jpg

In all fairness, Scott's Lullaby is probably the first ever appearance of the Aphex worm who appears in Fingerbib and [Track 6 -- the one with the cats]. Sleepy Time might well have influenced Melodies From Mars too, not to mention Ursula Bogner. Some nice tracks there.

And we do have photographic proof that Scott built his own machines. ;)

ya know, at this point i would be fine with a new manhattan research inc set, if we aren't going to get another aphex.

supposedly they still have more scott stuff in the vaults, and supposedly it takes over 10yrs to transfer stuff from tapes to a digital format and put together a release (i asked them and they said they were prob going to do a follow-up). it's funny how a handful of the tracks on those discs almost do evoke a proto-afx vibe. at least one is very eery and seems like it could almost fit on the surfing on sine waves album. they should hire me to dig through those tapes and transfer/edit/select the shit for them. i bet i could do it! dammit! at least it'd get done sometime. i'll frickin do it for free even.

they should hire me to dig through those tapes and transfer/edit/select the shit for them. i bet i could do it! dammit! at least it'd get done sometime. i'll frickin do it for free even.

Have you told them you'd do it for free? If you'd be willing to travel down to the physical archives as well, I can't imagine they'd turn down such an offer...

• 1 month later...

I think it's likely now that Aphex Twin has become such a legendary name.. Richard feels nothing he produces is up to the standard anymore, it'll only get more difficult as his career progresses.

I also believe that almost everything he's released since 2001 has been old work, he shuffles through the hours of unreleased music on his MP3 player, and the things that keep jumping out at him get released. This process takes such a long time however that the chosen tracks are no longer new, creative or futuristic enough for the Aphex Twin name, so he remixes it into a certain style and releases it under another name.

I believe The Tuss is a red herring to throw us off, he's released under labels other than Warp or Rephlex.

This is how the things will play for a long time, if at all:

1. Richard plays DJ sets and an occasional orchestral performance under the Aphex Twin name, the only new music he creates is leaked out through poor crowd recordings.

2. Richard releases increasingly more inaccessible and old music, chucking out an occasional EP on his label under different names.

3. Richard does the occasional drunk email interview for a vaguely known foreign magazine to keep our interest.

After a few more years, when your hairline has receded a lot more, you're getting more pains in your legs and Richard gets more bloated, a new album will emerge, a double album containing a handful of gems, but the rest is boring; a collection of all of his best works of the years.

/end

I think it's likely now that Aphex Twin has become such a legendary name.. Richard feels nothing he produces is up to the standard anymore, it'll only get more difficult as his career progresses.

I also believe that almost everything he's released since 2001 has been old work, he shuffles through the hours of unreleased music on his MP3 player, and the things that keep jumping out at him get released. This process takes such a long time however that the chosen tracks are no longer new, creative or futuristic enough for the Aphex Twin name, so he remixes it into a certain style and releases it under another name.

I believe The Tuss is a red herring to throw us off, he's released under labels other than Warp or Rephlex.

1. Richard plays DJ sets and an occasional orchestral performance under the Aphex Twin name, the only new music he creates is leaked out through poor crowd recordings.

2. Richard releases increasingly more inaccessible and old music, chucking out an occasional EP on his label under different names.

3. Richard does the occasional drunk email interview for a vaguely known foreign magazine to keep our interest.

After a few more years, when your hairline has receded a lot more, you're getting more pains in your legs and Richard gets more bloated, a new album will emerge, a double album containing a handful of gems, but the rest is boring; a collection of all of his best works of the years.

/end

lol that's pretty depressing. i think it'd be less depressing if he never released anything else at all than for that scenario to happen.. a double greatest album to cap off his career with only a few unreleased?

fuck that. i still believe!

he is going to release quite sometime after boc as steve beckett said in 2009. so as the boc LP has been released and he stopped touring now the planets start to align.

/end

Actually, scrap my last quote...

Nonsense. He WILL release.

he is going to release quite sometime after boc as steve beckett said in 2009. so as the boc LP has been released and he stopped touring now the planets start to align.

Yep. It's going to happen. I feel an EP first in about 6 months from now.. maybe a single 3 months later... then an album (with completely different tracks from the EP) a year after that. ....

Then, he'll be back on the grind, and will start releasing all new AFX material like it's 1993.

Just watch. He was just going through a difficult relationship and was waiting for the divorce to happen. it was sucking the life out of him, but now he'll be able to get back to business. He's fucking rdj. HE PUTS OUT MUSIC. that's what he does. Just watch. Trust me.

there'll be videos too.

collectors edition with bonus tracks.. japanese, australian and all...

lush artwork..

new themes... new aphex twin.

Yep. It's going to happen. I feel an EP first in about 6 months from now.. maybe a single 3 months later... then an album (with completely different tracks from the EP) a year after that. ....

Then, he'll be back on the grind, and will start releasing all new AFX material like it's 1993.

Just watch. He was just going through a difficult relationship and was waiting for the divorce to happen. it was sucking the life out of him, but now he'll be able to get back to business. He's fucking rdj. HE PUTS OUT MUSIC. that's what he does. Just watch. Trust me.

there'll be videos too.

lush artwork..

I think its all going by plan. good music takes time. he needs time to create these things. 6 month would be great but I wouldn't be suprised if it took him 2 or 4 years from now

there'll be videos too.

lush artwork..

I think its all going by plan. good music takes time

100 fucking % agreed. my partner and i are actually doing final mixing touches on an album we've been working on for 6 years now. no joke. Im so sick of hearing those songs at this point, but I know they're good. Even if we've outgrown the themes, etc, we just have to get them out, and see what happens. If not to try for success, then for spiritual reasons.

Well grunge fashion and doc martins are back in, can't be long before the upcoming generation in reaction to that discovers electronic music of the brain bopping variety. Then it'll be time to cash in. (After laying the groundwork with that EP and album, gets to be the daddy a second time.) ;-p

Personally i'm looking forward to being able to get decent looking slip on shoes again. This laces thing maddened me the whole way through.

Archived