IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ haha crazy, i was just trying to find that, myself..

7:44, am i right?

you are right.

it's amazing IMO. Those melodies... The crazy arpeggiated synths/wobbly bass... mmmmmmmmm

Is this what you call the Singapore track? I've been listening to a different version for awhile. A little different melodic parts at the end... was calling it the "Wobbly" track

http://youtu.be/CyzyBZh5Zto?t=7m44s

I started trying to reconstruct that track in Ableton. Machinedrum did something like that for BOC and really liked the idea of fleshing out these live tracks

Is this what you call the Singapore track? I've been listening to a different version for awhile. A little different melodic parts at the end... was calling it the "Wobbly" track

http://youtu.be/CyzyBZh5Zto?t=7m44s

I started trying to reconstruct that track in Ableton. Machinedrum did something like that for BOC and really liked the idea of fleshing out these live tracks

It's the same track (literally, from the exact same show...), your version is just higher quality. =)

Guest cult fiction

If only there were a thread that listed all of the unreleased tracks in one place, with youtube videos for each one, that was pinned to this forum. It's not as important as the geographical mapping thread I guess.

I def like that Singapore track, but what makes you think this is a rdj track? It doesn't sound like a rdj to me, tbh. The progression is way too straightforward, imo. And those melodies are not those that i expect on a rdj release.

Guest cult fiction

What about the bass/snare rush freakout that follow those introductory wobbly chords? It's either RDJ or somebody else from the rephlex crew, possibly Dave Monolith.

Not sure which freakout you're pointing to. I do get the sense he's twisting some knobs and doing dj work just after the 10 minute mark. Before that the beats were pretty straightforward to my ears. Too straightforward for a rdj track, imo.

At 12.30 also some dj fuckery and finally mixing into a different track.

I'm prolly wrong and all, but i'm not hearing an unreleased afx track.

Not sure which freakout you're pointing to. I do get the sense he's twisting some knobs and doing dj work just after the 10 minute mark. Before that the beats were pretty straightforward to my ears. Too straightforward for a rdj track, imo.

At 12.30 also some dj fuckery and finally mixing into a different track.

I'm prolly wrong and all, but i'm not hearing an unreleased afx track.

Honestly it is just the melodies and big wobbly chords (a la metz track too) that make me think it's aphex.

My guess is that if RDJ was going to put out a Warp album, Warp would want it to be on iTunes because people don't buy CDs anymore, but RDJ doesn't want it to be on iTunes, especially after not putting anything out for a bit and the music being innovative. Have you noticed there's hardly any Aphex stuff on iTunes? you can't get Drukqs on there..

And in recent times CD sales have fallen heaps and continuing so, so if he put it out on Rephlex label it would reach a smaller audience but that audience is likely to pirate anyway and doing like an Analord binder full of vinyls he probably can't be fucked doing that again!

Yes, I'd love to hear a reinterpretation of the singapore track, of course if youre open for that... that would be awesome (:

My guess is that if RDJ was going to put out a Warp album, Warp would want it to be on iTunes because people don't buy CDs anymore, but RDJ doesn't want it to be on iTunes, especially after not putting anything out for a bit and the music being innovative. Have you noticed there's hardly any Aphex stuff on iTunes? you can't get Drukqs on there..

And in recent times CD sales have fallen heaps and continuing so, so if he put it out on Rephlex label it would reach a smaller audience but that audience is likely to pirate anyway and doing like an Analord binder full of vinyls he probably can't be fucked doing that again!

Ehhh, part of me think he's just building up anticipation... a lot of it.

drukqs is on i-tunes and so is every release he put out on cd by warp, fucking lol are you blind?

if anything could kill aphex twin it would be rephlex cause they are to lazy to put it online for sale

and why wouldn't he want it on i-tunes? he's on the new die antwoord album ffs man

i think there's a good million posts about speculation on this forum. i think with that sort of bandwith expended, the blood sweat and tears of true blue dyed in the wool, honest to goodness hard working fans, trying to make due with their existing purchases, that there must be some decency bit written in common law that he must post something in this thread to give us hope.

this here thread will do. and when he posts that earth shaking post, lets treat him with decency. is that ok with you guise?

i think there's a good million posts about speculation on this forum. i think with that sort of bandwith expended, the blood sweat and tears of true blue dyed in the wool, honest to goodness hard working fans, trying to make due with their existing purchases, that there must be some decency bit written in common law that he must post something in this thread to give us hope.

this here thread will do. and when he posts that earth shaking post, lets treat him with decency. is that ok with you guise?

regards dolan

drukqs is on i-tunes and so is every release he put out on cd by warp, fucking lol are you blind?

if anything could kill aphex twin it would be rephlex cause they are to lazy to put it online for sale

and why wouldn't he want it on i-tunes? he's on the new die antwoord album ffs man

I just double checked iTunes Store and there's no Drukqs..

I just double checked iTunes Store and there's no Drukqs..

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... lol =)

2rHa1VG.png

Archived