IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

Pretty sure this CW LP stuff is just the hype train picking up speed. We are definitely due for a new afx release this year.

Remember, he stopped touring too. That's got to mean something...

i dunno

also yay there is like 6 of us now that believe this is new album hyyyyyeerpp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure this CW LP stuff is just the hype train picking up speed. We are definitely due for a new afx release this year.

i dunno

I really think it is! It seems very calculated how this is all developing. Grant posts kickstarter in xlt, now we have kickstarter..... The fact magazine thing happening april 1st also shows that someone knew this was happening beforehand. It's absolutely calculated.

drinks cool aid**

I don't think his music is outdated in the least after ICBYD, but what's missing is an UPDATE. This is crucial. In the form of new albumumumum.

i dunno

I really think it is! It seems very calculated how this is all developing. Grant posts kickstarter in xlt, now we have kickstarter..... The fact magazine thing happening april 1st also shows that someone knew this was happening beforehand. It's absolutely calculated.

drinks cool aid**

yeah I think so too. A release is developing and die antwoord and the kickstarter are pushing the hype. warp is very aware of watmm now as you could see with the autechre interview that was very well perceived.

I am very happy about this.

what about that xlt post by Grant? I missed that

The timing between last year's BoC xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx fiasco and this year's CW fiasco is quite possibly a bit uncanny, especially given that somebody mentioned something a little ways back about Warp saying new BoC first, then Aphex. I am now definitely starting to get excited, if for anything the CW rip and the Die Antwoord mix or mashup or whatever the fuck it's gonna be, but also the possibilties...

Steve Beckett told me in 2009 at warp20 about this. Back then Quaristice had just been released so i was just asking for release dates of Plaid, BoC and Aphex. He told me (in 2009) Plaid would be released quite soon (scintilli) BoC much later and Aphex after BoC. He said BoC would still take quite a while.

As he was talking about the Aphex release date he had a look on his face as if I asked a father of a newborn about gifts for the childs 18th birthday. so i was assuming it would be quite a while

The timing between last year's BoC xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx fiasco and this year's CW fiasco is quite possibly a bit uncanny, especially given that somebody mentioned something a little ways back about Warp saying new BoC first, then Aphex. I am now definitely starting to get excited, if for anything the CW rip and the Die Antwoord mix or mashup or whatever the fuck it's gonna be, but also the possibilties...

Steve Beckett told me in 2009 at warp20 about this. Back then Quaristice had just been released so i was just asking for release dates of Plaid, BoC and Aphex. He told me (in 2009) Plaid would be released soon (scintilli) BoC much later and Aphex after BoC. He said BoC would still take quite a while.

As he was talking about the Aphex release date he had a look on his face as if I asked a father of a newborn about gifts for the childs 18th birthday. so i was assuming it would be quite a while

I thing we might have pushed the dates a bit, all of this caustic window ep stuff surely must put some pressure on the 'phex

When the phex gave the go ahead, he knew his name was gonna be out there all front page newsworthy. Very unlike the phex...

Guys I just realized what this is all about. The unreleased Caustic Window is actually A NEW release from Richard. Once we get to hear the tracks they'll all be super futuritic post-avant-eveything and only at that moment of clarity we'll understand this has been a huge troll.

Guys I just realized what this is all about. The unreleased Caustic Window is actually A NEW release from Richard. Once we get to hear the tracks they'll all be super futuritic post-avant-eveything and only at that moment of clarity we'll understand this has been a huge troll.

This would be historical badassery of the highest degree.

the very best outcome would be if the contributors of the kickstarter got, not only cat023, but also a new album.

metz, singapoure track, die antwoord (afx fuckin' instrumental mix).

imagine.

Guest Papillon

the very best outcome would be if the contributors of the kickstarter got, not only cat023, but also a new album.

imagine.

Yep i know I missed out on the analord binder because i kept saying I'll get it later, but then when i went to get it they were all gone. This time i want to get in on the ground floor. I'd pay for Richard's dried boogers if there was a chance it'd lead to something related to a new release....

I think that fact that record store day is coming up, and this caustic window Lp there is a good chance we can get some new music soon. If that is the case he (richard) has been more generous than BOC who haven't let the unreleased catalogue out yet.

imagine.

Yep i know I missed out on the analord binder because i kept saying I'll get it later, but then when i went to get it they were all gone. This time i want to get in on the ground floor. I'd pay for Richard's dried boogers if there was a chance it'd lead to something related to a new release....

I think that fact that record store day is coming up, and this caustic window Lp there is a good chance we can get some new music soon. If that is the case he (richard) has been more generous than BOC who haven't let the unreleased catalogue out yet.

This would be epic. The whole thing is quite similar to the Tomorrows Harvest promo campaign

Waiting for new Aphex Twin feels like sitting around watching your favorite music grow out of date as the rest of the world moves on without you.

that's exactly what it is.

re: out of date remarks

much of the AFX catalogue still sounds fresh, but thirsting rabidly for new material to the ignorance of everything else gets extremely tiring after a while and narrows your taste. you can't cane the same 4 or 5 albums forever without them going stale (that's what I took "out of date" to mean, not in the sense of his work being left behind by newer music in a scene sense), and if you can, that's unusual and I want to see your EEG.

the very best outcome would be if the contributors of the kickstarter got, not only cat023, but also a BBQ at RDJ's place

imagine.

Fixtw

the very best outcome would be if the contributors of the kickstarter got, not only cat023, but also a BBQ at RDJ's place

imagine.

Fixtw

we wouldnt even need directions. seeing as we all know where he lives. (i jest richard, i jest)

• 1 month later...

Archived