IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Aphex media circus seemingly in (tastefully) full flow, I can't see it being much longer before some of our speculations being answered. Surely?

I remember a few months ago being told he had retired. And I didn't believe it.

With the Aphex media circus seemingly in (tastefully) full flow, I can't see it being much longer before some of our speculations being answered. Surely?

I honestly think all of this is marketing. Rephlex has a special way of marketing their music and all this CWLP stuff falls right in line with their style.

It made the front page of like a bazillion music websites and into even a few big magazines. Just drumming up hype, no?

yeah its similar viral marketing like boc did but this time with old tunes

yeah!

On top of that, for the twin to suddenly stop touring like he was for a decade maybe indicates he's focusing on studio work.

The pieces fit. We can only hope and stay positive. =)

I honestly think all of this is marketing. Rephlex has a special way of marketing their music and all this CWLP stuff falls right in line with their style.

It made the front page of like a bazillion music websites and into even a few big magazines. Just drumming up hype, no?

Honestly mate, I dunno, here's the thing though...

Does Rephlex even exist (as a label) anymore?

I can't really tell tbh...

Good thing Aphex can release on warp though =)

Didn't someone elude to "a new venture" hmmmm...

Interesting times ahead me thinks, and CWLP is going take some listening to, nice :)

Oh and someone should really try get a definitive answer from GWC on the future of Rephlex, it kinda feels like it's in limbo at the minute, and that doesn't feel right to me somehow.

Interesting times ahead me thinks, and CWLP is going take some listening to, nice :)

Oh and someone should really try get a definitive answer from GWC on the future of Rephlex, it kinda feels like it's in limbo at the minute, and that doesn't feel right to me somehow.

Rephlex man, such a wonderful dream.

I'm hoping trully that aphex releases again.

Yet it's just that, "hope" I'm afraid that whatever the reason for which he hasn't done so all these years might still be valid.

Rephlex man, such a wonderful dream.

I'm hoping trully that aphex releases again.

Yet it's just that, "hope" I'm afraid that whatever the reason for which he hasn't done so all these years might still be valid.

I just need to hear metz track, really, it's beginning to do my nut in lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we talk about what suggests that there will be more than one album?

The bpi in 2xbpi could just stand for bits per inch or just not mean anything.

My guess is that the Syro part was customly generated and the rest is random and doesn't actually mean anything.

Eznzea and Xbpi would be pretty hard album names to market as well (perhaps not as hard as any !!! record but still).

I also agree with what was said in the other thread. If Rich released one album that would already take significant attention from the FlyLo record, let alone more than one.

A November or December could also be realistic, hence the XMAS track. Could be a marketing strategy to get people to buy it for others on christmas.

That would also leave room for a second release this year.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but It would be a major bummer if he only released 12 tracks after at least 5 years of silence, especially since he probably has enough material for 4 times that. I don't know how long it takes to master his material, maybe 12 tracks was all he could get finished this year.

What about the tracklist and album name? Does anyone think he might just be trolling?

Syro doesn't sound very Aphexian to me.The track names suck pretty bad, but we all know Richard doesn't care much about them anyway, since at least 20% of his work untitled, so he might just not have wanted to delay the release any further, if he wants to make 2014 it happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

It's been 4 years since Siro. It seemed like Aphex went out of his way to say Field Day was a "collection" and not an album.

We got a ton of tunes since Syro, for sure, and I'm just talking about mastered stuff, not even counting the SC stuff.

Still though, those Primavera and Houston tracks...

Nice to know something's cooking on that front. Definitely seem like "album" material.

Any indication we could see something this year?

It's been 4 years since Siro. It seemed like Aphex went out of his way to say Field Day was a "collection" and not an album.

We got a ton of tunes since Syro, for sure, and I'm just talking about mastered stuff, not even counting the SC stuff.

Still though, those Primavera and Houston tracks...

Nice to know something's cooking on that front. Definitely seem like "album" material.

Any indication we could see something this year?

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/91384-the-new-watmm-what-do-you-want/page-13?do=findComment&comment=2615403

I've been busy with work so rolling out the new WATMM has been delayed (plus they came out with a major update which brings a lot of features I think will make it worth waiting for), but I'm planning a rollout before May (some important stuff happening near the end of May - more info to come).

Total speculation of course. No indication that the stuff happening is Aphex related at all.

Archived