Sign in to follow this  
o00o

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

Can we talk about what suggests that there will be more than one album?

The bpi in 2xbpi could just stand for bits per inch or just not mean anything.

My guess is that the Syro part was customly generated and the rest is random and doesn't actually mean anything.

Eznzea and Xbpi would be pretty hard album names to market as well (perhaps not as hard as any !!! record but still).

I also agree with what was said in the other thread. If Rich released one album that would already take significant attention from the FlyLo record, let alone more than one.

A November or December could also be realistic, hence the XMAS track. Could be a marketing strategy to get people to buy it for others on christmas.

That would also leave room for a second release this year.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but It would be a major bummer if he only released 12 tracks after at least 5 years of silence, especially since he probably has enough material for 4 times that. I don't know how long it takes to master his material, maybe 12 tracks was all he could get finished this year.

What about the tracklist and album name? Does anyone think he might just be trolling?

Syro doesn't sound very Aphexian to me.The track names suck pretty bad, but we all know Richard doesn't care much about them anyway, since at least 20% of his work untitled, so he might just not have wanted to delay the release any further, if he wants to make 2014 it happen.

wow i cant believe this ancient thread had only 54 pages compared to the almost 200 that syro now has! so nice to not have to speculate any longer :music:

Its not over yet.

what about this:

Paqt0i9.jpg

what about this:

fFJ4Ts1.png

It's been 4 years since Siro. It seemed like Aphex went out of his way to say Field Day was a "collection" and not an album.

We got a ton of tunes since Syro, for sure, and I'm just talking about mastered stuff, not even counting the SC stuff.

Still though, those Primavera and Houston tracks...

Nice to know something's cooking on that front. Definitely seem like "album" material.

Any indication we could see something this year?

Edited by very honest

It's been 4 years since Siro. It seemed like Aphex went out of his way to say Field Day was a "collection" and not an album.

We got a ton of tunes since Syro, for sure, and I'm just talking about mastered stuff, not even counting the SC stuff.

Still though, those Primavera and Houston tracks...

Nice to know something's cooking on that front. Definitely seem like "album" material.

Any indication we could see something this year?

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/91384-the-new-watmm-what-do-you-want/page-13?do=findComment&comment=2615403

I've been busy with work so rolling out the new WATMM has been delayed (plus they came out with a major update which brings a lot of features I think will make it worth waiting for), but I'm planning a rollout before May (some important stuff happening near the end of May - more info to come).

Total speculation of course. No indication that the stuff happening is Aphex related at all.

maybe the badger is a secret symbolic message to watmm

as in will you please stop badgering me and leave me in peace!

​speaking of which I wonder if there are any messages hidden in that picture? if that had been created by BOC, twoism would of created a two thousand post thread on it.

Edited by beerwolf

Really hope for a new album this year

hopefully a more aggressive Aphex Twin next time....

best thread on watmm

lol

Richard D. James
The speculation years

hopefully a more aggressive Aphex Twin next time....

best thread on watmm

I got so sick of this thread floating to the top of WATMM that I started a parody thread of it at the time. It was closed within 5 minutes.

i also hope for a proper new release somewhere in da future

hopefully with his maniac butcher twin being dominant on it