IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can somebody close this fcuking thread! its annoying, if his going to release something i'm sure we'll here about it in good time, however speculating is just a waste of time and bollox, not to mention some posts being cringeworthy!

I'll be a hypocrite now and say it is about time for a new release under Aphex Twin name - although i can understand his reservations, the pressure would be on him to deliver and can he deliver - can anybody deliver these days? - with the many know it all people walking amongst us?? i'm not so sure anymore!! the question is does he care about this or does he care because we do? (pun intended)

oh one more thing - fcuk you all, go burn!

I heard he won't release anything until we stop speculating. Too bad, because I was just about to post another Dutch spekulaas!

4121401325_7682523ca0.jpg

can somebody close this fcuking thread! its annoying, if his going to release something i'm sure we'll here about it in good time, however speculating is just a waste of time and bollox, not to mention some posts being cringeworthy!

I'll be a hypocrite now and say it is about time for a new release under Aphex Twin name - although i can understand his reservations, the pressure would be on him to deliver and can he deliver - can anybody deliver these days? - with the many know it all people walking amongst us?? i'm not so sure anymore!! the question is does he care about this or does he care because we do? (pun intended)

oh one more thing - fcuk you all, go burn!

ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, put your claws away pussy

I don't think he'll ever release an album.

Wow, I've been diieeeinnggg to say that for years, feels good to get it out there. What do people think?

joking. just to be sure. I do wonder why he'd release an album after 15 and 20 years when he didn't release one after 10 years. If he makes enough money doing one-off shows I don't see why he'd bother. It's sad because he only started to get going with drukqs, but venetian snares has took over from him for me so i stopped caring about two years ago. I like a band/artist to continually release new material, whether it be eps, or different music under other aliases, because it kind of shakes up the perception i have of them and their music. Like you view the old music through the prism of the new music. Aphex Twin's best music will never age, of course, but his albums as a whole are stale to me. They always leave me unsatisfied. I feel like 5 albums as Aphex Twin isn't enough. Most of them only scratch the surface. I haven't particularly over-listened to them, but they never surprise me when I listen to them again. I probably have over listened to them actually.

Is it not possible for a musician to work on an album for so long that by the time comes to release it they realise they're not as into it as they were and decide to scrap it and start again ?

If he needs to make more money he can't just keep touring under Aphex Twin without new material

It has worked the last couple of years but sooner rather than later without new tunes, he will become a nostalgia act, and fans won't keep paying to see him just play other peoples music.

So there will be new music, otherwise the trademark Aphex Twin under which he tours will stand for not more than a circus act slipping into decline.

No new tunes? Its all gonna get a bit boring i'm afraid

Fact

If he needs to make more money he can't just keep touring under Aphex Twin without new material

It has worked the last couple of years but sooner rather than later without new tunes, he will become a nostalgia act, and fans won't keep paying to see him just play other peoples music.

So there will be new music, otherwise the trademark Aphex Twin under which he tours will stand for not more than a circus act slipping into decline.

No new tunes? Its all gonna get a bit boring i'm afraid

Fact

This is true, and he knows it! I personally think he has that stash full of new releases (maybe some ambient stuff, those new live tracks floating around- metz, etc.. the remake of MFM and prolly a boatload of other stuff) and he's just waiting for the perfect time to release.. or whenever it's convenient for him. He knows he has a cult following, so he can do whatever he wants and we'll eat up whatever he gives us (I know I will).

Just imagine the treasure chest full of dopeness that he could have and probably has made since Analords that he has hiding, just letting us wait around til he releases it.

Maybe we'll never see any of it, but it just makes me giddy to think that a new release is on it's way... so, i choose to believe! (;

I thought about it, this divorce thing could be very real because...

he might not be that rich as we may think, he probably made most of his cash in the 90s when piracy wasn't as rampant and also he could be a big spender, he constantly travels, hotels, buys equipment and shit and now this divorce thing, when there is a child involved the wife gets to keep half of his stuff and so hes running out of money and wants to make this next release a big success.

another reason is that he thinks whats the point of putting it out if you're not going to get any money for it (piracy)

I heard he won't release anything until we stop speculating. Too bad, because I was just about to post another Dutch spekulaas!

4121401325_7682523ca0.jpg

One of the greatest varieties of cookies, right here.

That robot looks cool to play with, but it's kinda silly though isn't it? People have been making realistic drum sounds for years with software and hardware. Inform me.

maybe the little magic leprechauns that helped him to create music are gone again into Fontosia World, so now he doesn't have any magical helper... Remember the forum post where his girlfriend was angry and would tell everybody a secret? well yes, the leprechauns were the secret!

he won't release anything because he don't know how to make music anymore. He's lost it. my friend down at the bar told me that. lock this thread and delete this subforum. It's over.

sXsWM.jpg

the only thing we know w/ absolute certainty is if you like him he hates you. id wager he may never release another album. too many headaches

Guest furlag

I`ve met him in one of the Cracow pubs right after a SP show and he mentioned that he will release more EP`s anonymously to be out of rating and feeling free with sound/music genre (sometimes that do not fit into AFX label). He`s also getting kick out of speculations evolving from here ;)

Personally I reckon that we don`t even suspect new records were released!

I`ve met him in one of the Cracow pubs right after a SP show and he mentioned that he will release more EP`s anonymously to be out of rating and feeling free with sound/music genre (sometimes that do not fit into AFX label). He`s also getting kick out of speculations evolving from here ;)

Personally I reckon that we don`t even suspect new records were released!

ahhhhh more pub talk :wink:

Archived