IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you think Grant is actually the biggest fanboi of all of us? Feign being Richards best friend so he can hear all the unreleased shit? I wouldn't put it past em

Hello,

Things are heating up on the horizon with a really strong batch of new releases around the corner. Below you'll find a selection of upcoming bits from the likes of The Bug, William Basinski, Swans, Daphni, Mika Vainio, Fennesz, Holy Other, Deepchord, Villalobos, Aphex Twin, Maria Minerva, Jessie Ware, The XX and more - now available to pre-order.

edit: oh shit, only res

I wager the next official aphex twin album will be more experimental and abstract than anything he has released in the past. My suspicion is that he wants to go back to his earlier underground popularity and avoid the come to daddy/windowlicker level of attention. It's gonna be something in the vein of drukqs but less crisp on the dnb, probably using those custom built robots that play instruments or something. But then again I am high right now and this suspicion isn't really based on anything... just a suspicion. He's gonna stir up all this excitement with djing and playing beautiful tracks that pitchfork blogs about, then release the least mainstream album of his yet, while continuing to release whatever under different rephlex aliases.

Why is it embarassing? Cuz of the lack of facts we have or cuz its still going and no new album has come out yet? I personally like this thread. There's nothing wrong with a little speculation.. It's like a scavenger hunt / mystery thread!

Hello,

Things are heating up on the horizon with a really strong batch of new releases around the corner. Below you'll find a selection of upcoming bits from the likes of The Bug, William Basinski, Swans, Daphni, Mika Vainio, Fennesz, Holy Other, Deepchord, Villalobos, Aphex Twin, Maria Minerva, Jessie Ware, The XX and more - now available to pre-order.

edit: oh shit, only res

btw the Aphex Twin releases mentioned above (Boomkat if you're wondering) are just the re-releases of the Richard D James Album and I Care Because You Do.

• 1 month later...

Its now October still nothing

I wondered about this tho, the guy obviously knows heaps of people, I mean wouldn't his friends say "hey Richard when are you putting out a new one?" or for example when he does gigs surely there's hundreds of people ask him this at different places...does this get to him? since its so obvious and is a well known fact to everyone that he hasn't put out anything in years.

I think he wants to hermetically marinate for as many years as he can get away with, all the while exploring and expanding upon new secret techniques and styles as they develop. That way when released, they'll come out sounding like a leaping tangent, especially in comparison to followers that are still apeing styles that he probably grew out of 6 or more years ago.

I think he wants to hermetically marinate for as many years as he can get away with, all the while exploring and expanding upon new secret techniques and styles as they develop. That way when released, they'll come out sounding like a leaping tangent, especially in comparison to followers that are still apeing styles that he probably grew out of 6 or more years ago.

its funny isn't it. The current new releases on rephlex (jodey kendrick etc) mimic a style thats pretty old now considering when his stuff was released that all started it

On the other hand nobody does the stuff he is working on with the robot orchestra besides Pierre Bastien who did it before. Maybe people are only able to copy full releases not concepts

Mmmm, I've been thinking about a new Aphex album lately, I'm pretty chilled about it though. I'm pretty sure Richard lives and breathes for making music so a new album will come but it might be some time. He has enough money to take as long as he likes, that's really the only reason why we wait....

I'm not sure how long he can go on touring just doing his dj thing. I think that's pretty much over with. It's been done to death and because of Youtube it's not really interesting any more. I don't think I'd pay to see him Dj for a long, long time. So I guess it will be off to pastures new.

At least with Aphex he's active. Everyone seemed to be heralding a new BoC album this summer, hahah, yeah right.

You'll walk throughout your empty lives, and challenge me?? I am God fool!

I am every God, I'm whatever you wish of me I'm the beast you've created, and I'm the beast you'll serve!

Rdj - drukqs

Guest dylanmcknd

there will be a new album one day, i would bet on it, but threads like this are pointless, it will happen when his ready, just like the tuss, analords etc etc This forum is just plain scary sometimes, makes me realise that obsession is rife in society, i don't know how Mikey Jackson survived as long as he did, yes a new album would be nice but just leave it be, it will happen when it happens.

While I agree that things here can get a little creepy, Aphex is asking for it, with all the mis-information and saying he has full albums that he just doesn't feel like releasing.

its funny isn't it. The current new releases on rephlex (jodey kendrick etc) mimic a style thats pretty old now considering when his stuff was released that all started it

To be fair one could say that Jodey Kendrick is inspired by Mr Fingers while pushing the envelope and adding his own twist and has nothing to do with RDJ.

Archived